Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green highlight on ESPN

fuji869

Yea!! I wonder if he gets snubbed for the HOF like Art Monk?

I really don't think he will, I think Darrell is a first ballot Hall of Famer but I could be wrong, the Mediots can come up with lame ***** excuses to keep Darrell out like they did Art. :whoknows:

I think Darrell will get in before Art. :doh:

The Hall without Monk is a sham. I admire the signature that echo those sentiments, though I forget whose it is.

28 should be a first-ballot guy. However, the best laid plans of mice and fans...

If Darrell Green doesn't get in within 3 years of elligibility, I'll never go back there. They don't deserve my money if they go 0/2 on the best Redskins ever.

I really don't think he will, I think Darrell is a first ballot Hall of Famer but I could be wrong, the Mediots can come up with lame ***** excuses to keep Darrell out like they did Art.

Their argument:

"Who wins the coverage battle, the guy who runs only 8-yard hooks or the guy who only averaged 2.7 picks a year?"

They can make lame excuses for everything. I don't put anything past some of those guys.

It is impossible he is arguably the second best Cornerback to ever play the game behind Dieon Sanders and if he is not the second best he is the third best.

Well, that's how a reasonable, logical person would view the situation... However, I hestitate to point out this:

"It is impossible. He (Art Monk) is arguably the second best (wide receiver) to ever play the game behind (Jerry Rice) and if he is not the second best he is the third best"

Sound familiar?? It the exact same thing we would have said in 1999 when Art Monk was nearing his 1st year of eligibility. Darrell Green's induction is not a sure thing, considering the track record. With the voting block they've established there, anything goes (except honesty, fairness and objectivity).

It is impossible he is arguably the second best Cornerback to ever play the game behind Dieon Sanders and if he is not the second best he is the third best.

I take exception to that statement. Green is not second to anyone, much less Saunders.

Saunders had some talent, no doubt. But not only was Darrel a shut-down corner before the phrase was even coined, he outlasted the other guy by a mile.

No go sit in the corner and think about what you've done wrong.

I take exception to that statement. Green is not second to anyone, much less Saunders.

Saunders had some talent, no doubt. But not only was Darrel a shut-down corner before the phrase was even coined, he outlasted the other guy by a mile.

No go sit in the corner and think about what you've done wrong.

Somebody's got Al on the mind.

is it still possible for Monk to get in?

Yes, Its never so late that your not allowed in, usually, if its been so long, they person just dies down and gets less and less nominations, now lets hope that doesn't happen with Monk, as that would be horrible. Maybe Monk and DG go in the Same year :point2sky That would be Great. This coming HOF Inductee yr is DG's first eligibility right?

there is no way they snub darrell. for them to find something wrong with darrell green would cause mass uproar and riots all over the country. society would fall and civilization would cease to exist.

if the HOF voters snub him, may God have mercy on their souls.

If the HOF voters snub Green even God would turn his back on the HOF voters. They would be condemned to a lifetime of watching the Dallas Cowboys play football.

Archived