Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

hey double, we both know you know your mma. for this fight tho, if it were to happen, i believe firmly that it will end with silva being the victor.

I don't like making my predictions early, but friendly bet!

Nothing is guaranteed when virtual bare fists are flying! If my prediction sways near the fight night, I'll let ya know, but I AIN'T one to switch my picks.

:cheers:

Why did Liddell and Silva bother fighting? I could have told you who was going to win seeing that Tito once beat him and could not beat Liddell no matter how many times he tried.

mmmath doesnt work that way. I suppose jardine will beat rampage correct? he beat forrest who beat shogun to get the title shot.

I read this today also. Wasn't Rashad supposed to drop to middleweight? I thought Bisping and Rashad were both going to add depth to that division. Darn.

I wish Rashad would drop. The middleweight division sucks because Anderson Silva is so dominant. Hendo will be his best challenge in a while though.

Other middleweight rumors I've heard are Wanderlei dropping to 185, and GSP moving up to 185, because he's a such a large welterweight that has to cut a lot. The GSP thing is actually more likely, I was listening to a radio interview with him the other day and it was brought up and he didn't rule it out, he wants to fight Serra of course but he said he wants to leave his mark on MMA like no other.

If either one of those two move to middleweight and Hendo stays in that weight-class, then it could get very interesting.

Styles make fights, not your record. The Liddell/Silva fight was awesome. I don't know why you are complaining.

d0oubles FTW

That was one of the better fights I've seen all year, (minus the first round of course).

Those two guys stood up and BANGED like we thought they would. The only thing missing was a big KO, but it's not like they didn't try as hard as they could to KO each other.

Plus seeing Chuck use, kicks, a spinning-backfist and to see him shoot was refreshing. He said in an interview later that he was trying to get back to being an MMA fighter and not just a guy with a big right hand and left hook. Props to him for that. He's a much better fighter when he uses his entire arsenal not just his most effective weapon.

I wish Rashad would drop. The middleweight division sucks because Anderson Silva is so dominant. Hendo will be his best challenge in a while though.

Other middleweight rumors I've heard are Wanderlei dropping to 185, and GSP moving up to 185, because he's a such a large welterweight that has to cut a lot. The GSP thing is actually more likely, I was listening to a radio interview with him the other day and it was brought up and he didn't rule it out, he wants to fight Serra of course but he said he wants to leave his mark on MMA like no other.

If either one of those two move to middleweight and Hendo stays in that weight-class, then it could get very interesting.

99, wanderlei isn't dropping to 185. Thats pure speculation. I read a interview with him where he said it was out of the question.

As for GSP, he has said that once he cleans out the WW division he wants to move up and win the belt there.

As for rashad, he doesnt need to drop down. 185 isn't so crappy anymore.

Silva, Hendo, Okami, Franklin, Marquardt, Leites, Tanner, Cote, Grove, Leben, Drew McFedries and now bisping.

Obviously no one even comes close to silva and hendo, but there is healthy competition between all the rest

99, wanderlei isn't dropping to 185. Thats pure speculation. I read a interview with him where he said it was out of the question.

As for GSP, he has said that once he cleans out the WW division he wants to move up and win the belt there.

As for rashad, he doesnt need to drop down. 185 isn't so crappy anymore.

Silva, Hendo, Okami, Franklin, Marquardt, Leites, Tanner, Cote, Grove, Leben, Drew McFedries and now bisping.

Obviously no one even comes close to silva and hendo, but there is healthy competition between all the rest

Yeah, that's why I said the GSP thing is more likely. I still think Rashad should drop down though. 205 is just too stacked and he's smaller for a LHW, he'd have better success at middleweight IMO.

Wanderlei is coming off of 3 big losses, I know he doesn't want to drop weight but he's also a small LHW that would be dominant at 185, I mean if he goes out and gets KO'd or loses a very decisive fight like he did against Chuck, what's he going to do?

I think from a business standpoint at least the UFC would benefit from one or more of those guys dropping/climbing to 185.:2cents:

silva is gonna murder rashad. rashad has beaten no one of significance.

he dominated & finished Jason Lambert who is right outside the top 10.

i agree that Silva should be favored but i wouldn't be shocked if Rashad pulled out another boring decision.

in his fight before beating Houston, Silva looked as though he was having serious cardio issues.

Silva has the edge in striking and submissions, but Rashad could get a decision via the lay and pray if Silva can't sub him.

he dominated & finished Jason Lambert who is right outside the top 10.

i agree that Silva should be favored but i wouldn't be shocked if Rashad pulled out another boring decision.

in his fight before beating Houston, Silva looked as though he was having serious cardio issues.

Silva has the edge in striking and submissions, but Rashad could get a decision via the lay and pray if Silva can't sub him.

SU, I totally agree. that is really the only way that rashad could win tho. That would be gay as hell

Styles make fights, not your record. The Liddell/Silva fight was awesome. I don't know why you are complaining.

Well for starters, we did not have 1, not even one KO during that whole UFC PPV that I paid $50 (I think) for. Secondly, from what I recall Silva was never in the fight and Liddell dominated so it was never really that exciting. It was comparable to Jordan's second go around with the Wizards.

Yeah, that's why I said the GSP thing is more likely. I still think Rashad should drop down though. 205 is just too stacked and he's smaller for a LHW, he'd have better success at middleweight IMO.

Wanderlei is coming off of 3 big losses, I know he doesn't want to drop weight but he's also a small LHW that would be dominant at 185, I mean if he goes out and gets KO'd or loses a very decisive fight like he did against Chuck, what's he going to do?

I think from a business standpoint at least the UFC would benefit from one or more of those guys dropping/climbing to 185.:2cents:

The thing with rashad is that he will never challenge for a belt. He simply isnt good enough. so to me, its pointless for him to drop down, because even then i doubt he can beat the gatekeeper (franklin). bottom line, i feel rashad is a decent fighter who doesnt have the skils set to ever challenge for a belt.

as for Wandy, yeah he is a smaller LHW ever since he got off the roids. the thing is, in my opinion, he would refuse to drop down. I have no evidence to back my claim, i'm just gonig off the vibes I have gotten from wandy over the years.

Well for starters, we did not have 1, not even one KO during that whole UFC PPV that I paid $50 (I think) for. Secondly, from what I recall Silva was never in the fight and Liddell dominated so it was never really that exciting. It was comparable to Jordan's second go around with the Wizards.

I had no problem with this fight not ending in KO. we got to see a whole 15 minutes of the banging like animals. Also, for the record, there were many near KO's, which to me can be just as exciting.

The fight in my eyes was a UD 29-28 for chuck. Outside of the first 2 1/2 minutes, this fight was packed full of energy! like someone said, you had chuck throwing kicks, spinning back fists, and even take downs!

Wandy proved he can bang with arguably the best striker in 205, as he lasted all 15 minutes and nearly won that fight a couple times.

you sound like a casual mma fan who only likes the fights that end in KO.

The thing with rashad is that he will never challenge for a belt. He simply isnt good enough. so to me, its pointless for him to drop down, because even then i doubt he can beat the gatekeeper (franklin). bottom line, i feel rashad is a decent fighter who doesnt have the skils set to ever challenge for a belt.

as for Wandy, yeah he is a smaller LHW ever since he got off the roids. the thing is, in my opinion, he would refuse to drop down. I have no evidence to back my claim, i'm just gonig off the vibes I have gotten from wandy over the years.

i wouldn't call Franklin a gatekeeper. he would have a good chance at any middleweight not named A.Silva, Hendo, or Lindland.

you can't say Rashad won't ever have the skill set to challenge for a belt. right now he's nowhere close, but he could always develop his skills further. at the end of the day as long as he keeps winning, even if they are boring decisions, he'll get a shot

i wouldn't call Franklin a gatekeeper. he would have a good chance at any middleweight not named A.Silva, Hendo, or Lindland.

you can't say Rashad won't ever have the skill set to challenge for a belt. right now he's nowhere close, but he could always develop his skills further. at the end of the day as long as he keeps winning, even if they are boring decisions, he'll get a shot

how can you name 3 people franklin will never beat, then not call him a gate keeper?? thats EXACTLY what he is. someone who cant beat everyone else except those 3.

We can make a friendly bet right now. Rashad will never own a title.

Secondly, from what I recall Silva was never in the fight and Liddell dominated so it was never really that exciting. It was comparable to Jordan's second go around with the Wizards.

Silva stung Liddell a few times and one of those two knockdowns was because of Silva not because of slippage.

Chuck did dominate that fight for the most part but he took some hard shots from Wanderlei. Wanderlei's biggest problem in that fight was he couldn't get inside Chuck's reach.

how can you name 3 people franklin will never beat, then not call him a gate keeper?? thats EXACTLY what he is. someone who cant beat everyone else except those 3.

We can make a friendly bet right now. Rashad will never own a title.

when i think of gatekeepers i think of good fighters who have no chance of holding titles (like Clay Guida for example). Franklin held the title and defended it (albeit against weak competition). Franklin won't hold the title as long as Silva holds the belt, but he's better than gatekeeper status.

personally i don't see Rashad ever owning a title, especially if he stays lhw, don't really want him to as he has not shown enough excitement in his fights outside of his victories over Lambert & Salmon

when i think of gatekeepers i think of good fighters who have no chance of holding titles (like Clay Guida for example). Franklin held the title and defended it (albeit against weak competition). Franklin won't hold the title as long as Silva holds the belt, but he's better than gatekeeper status.

personally i don't see Rashad ever owning a title, especially if he stays lhw, don't really want him to as he has not shown enough excitement in his fights outside of his victories over Lambert & Salmon

your gatekeeper definition contradicts itself. Yes, once apon a time franklin was the best. He was defending his belt against second rate competition.

the definition of gatekeeper is, in my opinion, the best person out there who will never win a belt to begin with, or ever again. Franklin is the gate keeper at 185, and at 205, i beleive tito to be a gatekeeper. He will never get the belt back, but he is just good enough to not be considered "second rate"