Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That's true. Cro Cop has totally fallen off. I hate to say it but it seems like he has some kind of excuse every fight. He's turning into Tito Ortiz. :silly:

Can you imagine what a horrible fight that would be? Mirko kicking air, Tito shooting in at air. Both fighters quit after 2. :)

As previously rumored...

Report: Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi expected for main event of UFC Fight Night 21

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:05 am ET

That crafty Kenny Florian (12-4 MMA, 10-3 UFC) has done it again.

Just one week after denying to MMAjunkie.com that he had any knowledge of a potential bout with Japanese import Takanori Gomi (31-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC), Florian is expected to reveal on today's edition of ESPN.com's "MMA Live" that he will face "The Fireball Kid" at UFC Fight Night 21 in North Carolina.

News of the impending announcement was first posted on the official Twitter account of "MMA Live," a show that Florian co-hosts. Fellow co-hosts Jon Anik and Franklin McNeil have since followed suit.

While not yet officially announced, UFC Fight Night 21 is expected to take place March 31 in North Carolina and serve as the lead in for the debut episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 11" on Spike TV.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17632/report-kenny-florian-vs-takanori-gomi-expected-for-main-event-of-ufc-fight-night-21.mma

Obviously Gomi is not the same as he was a few years ago, but it is still an interesting fight IMO.

I am anxiously awaiting the location of this event. As a Florian fan, I am hoping that this ends up in Charlotte. I might make the trip to Raleigh though if it were there.

Edited by lovetoaster

I've never seen this before, Krazy Horse gets completely choked out via triangle backstage by Cristiano Marcello, (Chute Boxe's BJJ coach from back then)... This was at Shockwave 2005:

Lol to the music.

*Edit: the more high quality version is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdlFu6vG4M&feature=player_embedded#

(although it doesn't have the awesome music)

It's pretty ballsy to get into a fight w/ a Chute Boxe guy back then with Wand standing in the room.

Edited by #98QBKiller

I've never seen this before, Krazy Horse gets completely choked out via triangle backstage by Cristiano Marcello, (Chute Boxe's BJJ coach from back then)... This was at Shockwave 2005:

Haha...I had seen that before, but never with the interesting choice of music.

Krazy Horse has seemingly never been the smartest guy. I think he is back in jail now.

Edit: Apparently it was just this week...

Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett arrested ... yet again

by Jesse Holland on Jan 20, 2010 9:29 AM EST

Stop: Slammer time.

Controversial lightweight fighter Charles Bennett (22-16-2) has run afoul of the law once again -- he was arrested for felony aggravated battery on Monday (Jan. 18), according to Sherdog.com.

Bennett was taken into custody at the FIT NHB gym where he trains and booked at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Bernalillo County, New Mexico.

This is just the latest transgression for "Krazy Horse" -- the same man who claims to have knocked out Wanderlei Silva backstage at a Pride FC New Year's Eve show in 2005.

He was convicted in Marion County, Fla., for possession and sale of cocaine on August 4, 2000. He was also arrested on charges of assault and false imprisonment in May 2007 and then on charges stemming from a "domestic dispute" in January 2008.

To check out a video montage of his past mug shots click

-- it's rather ridiculous.

Bennet competed three times in 2009 under the King of the Cage (KOTC) banner going 1-2. His last appearance was a knockout loss to Bobby Green at "Fight 4 Hope" back on Dec. 17.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/20/1261489/charles-krazy-horse-bennett

And yes, that mug shot montage is pretty ridiculous...

Edited by lovetoaster

So does anyone know if Bennett actually did knock Wandy out backstage at an event?

I found this on Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/krazy-horse-talks-about-knocking-out-wanderlei-silva-626237/

Most of them seem to think it's true, but IDK, kind of hard to believe he wakes up after that triangle, KO's Wand, and gets out of there w/out anyone else in Chute Boxe retaliating.

But who knows.

Edited by #98QBKiller

I found this on Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/krazy-horse-talks-about-knocking-out-wanderlei-silva-626237/

Most of them seem to think it's true, but IDK, kind of hard to believe he wakes up after that triangle, KO's Wand, and gets out of there w/out anyone else in Chute Boxe retaliating.

But who knows.

Hmmmmm.... Funny how there's video of him being choked out but no video of that part of Bennett's account. :)

I smell BS. Even the first part isn't the same on video as KH claims.

they should let him beat on Diaz some more

As a Nick Diaz fan, I was shocked and disappointed at how easily Noons kept catching him with right hands. Diaz had zero answers for KJ which was odd because Nick usually hangs tough with anyone. Either it wasn't Nick's night at all or Noons' style is the perfect foil for Nick's. I'd love to see a rematch. Nick was never really "hurt" but he could NOT solve Noons.

As a Nick Diaz fan, I was shocked and disappointed at how easily Noons kept catching him with right hands. Diaz had zero answers for KJ which was odd because Nick usually hangs tough with anyone. Either it wasn't Nick's night at all or Noons' style is the perfect foil for Nick's. I'd love to see a rematch. Nick was never really "hurt" but he could NOT solve Noons.

I am not a Diaz family fan, but I am not a Noons fan either. I would like to see that fight again, because the first one was just baffling. Like you say, Diaz just had no answers for K.J.

I am guessing it would have to be at a catchweight, which SF has shown no reluctance to do, although K.J. did not exactly seem extited about a rematch in Elite XC. But since that boxing thing did not work out as well as he has originally planned, maybe he is more open to the idea.

i think that was the day i stopped being a Diaz fan. i absolutely hated Noons at that point (not exactly sure why though :whoknows: ) so i put money on Diaz and he was thoroughly embarrassed by Noons. i'm still not over losing money on that fight :mad:

i think that was the day i stopped being a Diaz fan. i absolutely hated Noons at that point (not exactly sure why though :whoknows: ) so i put money on Diaz and he was thoroughly embarrassed by Noons. i'm still not over losing money on that fight :mad:

:hysterical:

My enthusiasm for Nick took a hit the night he came into the octagon after Noons' next fight to cause trouble. However, I just can't root against the guy. I usually can't stand the punks and "bad guys" of MMA but for some strange reason I always back Nick Diaz.

:hysterical:

My enthusiasm for Nick took a hit the night he came into the octagon after Noons' next fight to cause trouble. However, I just can't root against the guy. I usually can't stand the punks and "bad guys" of MMA but for some strange reason I always back Nick Diaz.

Obviously my enthusiasm for Nick never took a hit. And strangely enough, that night when they came out talking **** to Noons and his old man, it made me like the Diaz Bros. even more. (although I don't like Nate quite as much because he can't back up his **** talking)

I think it's the old-school WWF/WCW fan in me coming out. I always liked Professional Wrestling as a kid so that's definitely contributed to me being an MMA fan, and some fighters bring that same kind of Pro Wrestling persona with them to the ring/octagon. Guys like the Diaz bros, Rampage (who admits that he wears a chain around his neck as an ode to the Junkyard Dog), Brock (obviously), Wanderlei (with his **** talking and shoving at weigh-ins), Sakuraba (and lots of other Japanese fighters) and a ton of other guys. In fact the entire sport, with all of it's different personalities, styles and fighters from all around the globe, reminds me of Pro Wrestling, except without the disappointment of being fake.

And that's just one of the many reasons I love MMA. :silly:

Edited by #98QBKiller

Yeah Nick Diaz rocks. Dude is straight-up honest whether you like his opinion or not. I love the fact that he doesn't hide his weed habit at all. :)

Same here, he doesn't care who knows. Hopefully it will stop interfering with his matches materializing though.

With the direction things are going now, I wouldn't be surprised if weed was legal in the next 20-30 years max. Whether it'll be tolerated among athletes is another question though.

Annnd....I am a happy fella!

Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, N.C., likely to host UFC Fight Night 21 on March 31

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:40 pm ET

The UFC's fourth trip to North Carolina appears to have found a home.

UFC Fight Night 21 is expected to take place at the 9,600-seat Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, N.C., on March 31, though UFC officials have yet to confirm the event or the venue.

A lightweight match-up between Kenny Florian and recent Japanese import Takanori Gomi is expected to headline the show, which serves as a lead-in for "The Ultimate Fighter 11" season debut on Spike TV.

UFC officials on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com that negotiations are underway with the arena but that the event has not been finalized.

Calls to the North Carolina Boxing Authority went un-returned today, though MMAFrenzy.com reported Thursday that the regulatory agency, which oversees combat sports in the state, officially has approved the date and location for the event.

Bojangles Coliseum has previously hosted the NCAA Division I Charlotte 49ers and the Charlotte Checkers, a minor league hockey team. Now, though, it primarily hosts special events, including pro wrestling.

March is a notable month for the UFC because it's only the second time in the promotion's 17-year history that three events have been held in the same month. (The most recent was September 2007). UFC on Versus 1 kicks off the action on March 21, and it's followed by UFC 111 on March 27 and then UFC Fight Night 21 four days later.

MMAjunkie.com's currently rumored card for the event includes:

Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi

Nate Quarry vs. Jorge Rivera

Lucio Linhares vs. Yushin Okami

Cole Miller vs. Andre Winner

Ross Pearson vs. Dennis Siver

Gleison Tibau vs. Caol Uno

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17653/ufc-fight-night-21-expected-for-bojangles-coliseum-in-charlotte-n-c-on-march-31.mma

Former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Bobby Lashley will make his promotional debut against UFC veteran Wes Sims in a featured heavyweight bout at Strikeforce “Miami” on Jan. 30 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lashley-Draws-Sims-at-Strikeforce-Miami-22188

:hysterical: Wes Sims is going to get owned I don't know why he would agree to this fight besides really needing the money.

Edited by Patrick86L

It says here he's supposed to fight Timmay in March too

http://mmafrenzy.com/12902/tim-sylvia-vs-wes-sims-set-for-march-20-in-ohio/

Tim Sylvia vs. Wes Sims Set for March 20 in Ohio

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia will return to action against The Ultimate Fighter 10 cast member Wes Sims on March 20 in Ohio, Sylvia announced on Thursday. The promotion and location hosting the matchup were not disclosed.

Sylvia (25-6) dropped bouts to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fedor Emelianenko before suffering an embarrassing 9-second knockout at the hands of Ray Mercer last June, but “The Maine-iac” bounced back in September with a first-round TKO of Jason Riley.

Sims (22-12-1) has won three-straight officially, but hasn’t fought since an 18-second knockout in November 2008. In an exhibition bout on TUF 10, he suffered a first-round submission to Justin Wren in the opening round of the heavyweight tournament.