Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Star Trek TV series is your favorite?

nelms

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I actually own TNG in it's entirety on tape. (Yes, I really do.)

That's really impressive. I believe I have seen every TNG episode, but I may be mistaken. I definitely have watched every Original series episode, multiple times.

That's really impressive. I believe I have seen every TNG episode, but I may be mistaken. I definitely have watched every Original series episode, multiple times.

It's funny, right after college, when I was single and had some disposable income, I saw some commercial for it. You know, you pay $15 a month or so and they send you a tape with two episodes on it every month. I figured what the heck, and for a few months it was real cool. I'd get a tape and watch it and put it on my bookshelf.

But the tapes ...just ... kept ... coming. For years, through marriage, pets, motgages, kids. More and more tapes.

Do you know how many shelves seven full seasons of VHS tapes takes up? I have an entire wall of my basement devoted to these things. It's kinda cool, I guess, but by the time I got to about Season Five they started selling entire seasons on four-disk DVD sets. Sigh. NOW they tell me. :)

Anyway, I do now own the whole series, and I can identify a specific episode by name within a few seconds. Scary, I know, but to be fair at the time I had no idea what I was getting into. :)

I echo Henry in much about the various series. Also, I loved the Big War in DS9, and the J'em Hadar. I didn't care for Janeway but liked Tupok and the ship. Spock and Kirk were both icons for me as a kid, though Spock was cooler. I loved the Harlan Ellison episode "The City at the Edge of Forever" and Spock's 7-Year Itch. Loved the paralell universe one where they all had goatees and were bad-azzes. Thought Kahn was great , of course. Same with Picard and the crew. LIked the Whoopi Goldberg characters and Data as Sherlock, and just in general. The Romulans were always the best villains. I always loved all the hot women that were a theme, and after Jeri, Jolene represented the continuing evolution well. :D

I liked Enterprise more than most folks, and wished it had continued with its plot-lines; it was definitely getting better. I never was a real "trekkie" though, and I don't have any DVDs and don't watch the re-runs. But the Star Trek worold is one of those pop-culture pillars in my life, like Johhny Carson, James Bond and Elvis. I thought most of the movies were mediocre to bad.

There's a big Klingon "community" RPG near Tacoma who make appearances at regional events with all the regailia and do a Day in the Life of a Klingon deal. The group has been around for over 20 years and has 2nd generation members.

I think the next series they're discussing will be cool, but would also like to see another one here they take up a decade or so after the timeline of TNG or even 100 years later.

I have TBG ,DS9 and Enterprise on DVD.Helps the deployments go faster.

Thanos: what would a guy have to buy to track the entire Big War storyline of DS-9? I don't remember what seasons or if there were cross-overs into other series (Voyager?).

TNG is my favorite followed by the TOS and DS9. One of my favorites from DS9 is when Worf is captured by the Jem-Had'r along with a Breen and Bashir. He has to fight Jem-Had'r fighters one after another in hand-to-hand. He was kicking some serious butt! And again, "never turn your back on a Breen."

Plus I had a slight crush on the adorable Dr. Crusher.

gatesmcfadden2a.jpg

It's funny, right after college, when I was single and had some disposable income, I saw some commercial for it. You know, you pay $15 a month or so and they send you a tape with two episodes on it every month. I figured what the heck, and for a few months it was real cool. I'd get a tape and watch it and put it on my bookshelf.

But the tapes ...just ... kept ... coming. For years, through marriage, pets, motgages, kids. More and more tapes.

Do you know how many shelves seven full seasons of VHS tapes takes up? I have an entire wall of my basement devoted to these things. It's kinda cool, I guess, but by the time I got to about Season Five they started selling entire seasons on four-disk DVD sets. Sigh. NOW they tell me. :)

Anyway, I do now own the whole series, and I can identify a specific episode by name within a few seconds. Scary, I know, but to be fair at the time I had no idea what I was getting into. :)

I was the same way with TOS. I didn't even need a few seconds of show to not only identify the episode by name, but I could tell you who was saying what at the time.

Archived