Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*Sniff, sniff* TO is just misunderstood (Merged)

aREDSKIN

Oh what the cowboy fans have to look forward to!!! This should be fun.

excerpt-

"NBC 10 has obtained a copy of Terrell Owens' new "tell-all" book about the Eagles, which is an extended criticism of Donovan McNabb.

The book, called "T.O.," from Simon & Schuster and is co-authored by the brother of agent Drew Rosenhaus, Jason Rosenhaus.

And not shockingly, Owens spends much of book trashing former teammate McNabb and blaming McNabb for the fallout between the two stars that led to Owens' exile from Philadelphia.

In the book, Owens paints McNabb as a hypocrite, a weak leader and someone who was jealous of Owens and blocked Owens' return to the Eagles after a four-game suspension.

And Owens paints himself as a heroic but sometimes flawed figure who was wronged by McNabb, arbitrator Richard Bloch, coach Andy Reid and the Eagles.

"I accept that I played a role in tearing apart the Eagles season, but the blame was not all mine," Owens said.

But Owens puts most of the blame on McNabb.

Owens' public criticisms of McNabb last fall directly led to the end of the All-Pro receiver's career in Philadelphia.

Giants Game Was Beginning Of Feud

In the book, Owens says it was one play in a game in a 27-6 win over the New York Giants in November 2004 that upset Owens and convinced him that McNabb was jealous.

"I couldn't believe it," Owens said about a pass play where McNabb decided not to throw him the ball. "Donovan had time to get the ball to me. … Donovan ignored me, he ignored Coach Reid's design."

Owens said he returned to the huddle and ask McNabb about the play, and McNabb responded with an obscenity to Owens in front of teammates.

In his opinion, Owens then knew McNabb was deeply jealous of his popularity in Philadelphia.

"I was getting so much of the Philadelphia glory that used to be his," Owens said.

Owens then said he got into a confrontation with McNabb after the Giants game in the Meadowlands locker room and running back Dorsey Levens broke up the two men.

"Donovan was never the same with me again; things were only going to get worse," Owens added.

Owens Compares Himself To Willis Reed

Owens also claims that McNabb downplayed his role on the team after that and blames McNabb for turnovers that led to the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.

He also compares his Super Bowl performance with the legendary performance of Knicks star Willis Reed, who helped his team win a title playing on one leg.

Owens also said it was his financial advisor who inspired to get try to redo his Eagles deal.

"I wanted to send a hungry, aggressive agent into the Eagles' nest," said Owens, who hired Drew Rosenhaus.

Owens also talks about his locker room fight with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas and his soured relationship with Eagles head coach Andy Reid.

Owens also said he was deeply embarrassed that he was made to apologize about comments he made to a teen journalist about McNabb and the Eagles.

And that it was his decision to not include McNabb in that public apology for saying that Brett Favre was a better player.

"I knew at the time I would pay a big price for taking a stand."

Owens then claims that McNabb forced Reid to suspend Owens for the rest of the season by publicly saying the Eagles were better off without Owens after a loss to the Redskins.

And he also claims that the "majority" of Eagles players wanted him back on team, and that Reid made an effort to bring him back after Owens' suspension was announced.

But Owens believes McNabb forced Reid to drop that effort.

"McNabb viewed taking me back as an affront to his control of the team," Owens said.

Owens also said he was told by a team coach to careful around McNabb because the All-Pro quarterback got "nervous and tight" in big games."

read the rest here- http://www.nbc10.com/news/9474176/detail.html

In the book, Owens says it was one play in a game in a 27-6 win over the New York Giants in November 2004 that upset Owens and convinced him that McNabb was jealous.

"I couldn't believe it," Owens said about a pass play where McNabb decided not to throw him the ball. "Donovan had time to get the ball to me. … Donovan ignored me, he ignored Coach Reid's design."

Owens said he returned to the huddle and ask McNabb about the play, and McNabb responded with an obscenity to Owens in front of teammates.

In his opinion, Owens then knew McNabb was deeply jealous of his popularity in Philadelphia.

"I was getting so much of the Philadelphia glory that used to be his," Owens said.

How did it not cross his mind that McNabb wasn't jealous, but ANNOYED. I've only seen the guy on TV where I could turn off his whining if I didn't feel like listening. McNabb had to listen to him crying ALL THE TIME!

Clint

Very interesting to read of what T.O. said about the Philadelphia Eagles in this book. I am sure McNabb and Co. about probably reading through it right now, claiming it is a bunch of bull****. When the T.O. returns to Philly in a Dallas Cowboys uniform this season, it is going to be a personal vendetta war between T.O., the Eagles Organization, and their fans on Lincoln Financial Field.

Honestly, I think TO will play well the first year in Dallas just to prove people wrong. As soon as people start pointing at him when things go wrong, he will implode. As soon as he gets comfortable with the team in Dallas, but they aren;t doing things his way, like throwing the ball to him every down, he will implode. Look for him to be successful and quiet the first year because he will try to prove the doubters that it was McNabb, not him that caused the rift....but, T.O. isn't getting younger...

Honestly, I think TO will play well the first year in Dallas just to prove people wrong. As soon as people start pointing at him when things go wrong, he will implode. As soon as he gets comfortable with the team in Dallas, but they aren;t doing things his way, like throwing the ball to him every down, he will implode. Look for him to be successful and quiet the first year because he will try to prove the doubters that it was McNabb, not him that caused the rift....but, T.O. isn't getting younger...
Just like he did in Philly... waited until people stopped blaming him, and then did exactly what he did in San Francisco.

Clint

It's not just about him playing well. This shows that he was a divisive force even in their SB year.

He's like the kid who keeps poking his finger into the side of his little brother on a trip in the car. After a while the little brother (Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe) just snaps and a brouhaha ensues and the rest of the car is now involved. Mom and Dad yell at the kid to stop but he can't help himself and now sticks his finger a quarter inch from his brother's face while stating over and over "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you...." Pretty soon Mom and Dad are snapping at each other and the whole car is filled with tension.

Have a nice trip Brokeback Nation.....

Giants Game Was Beginning Of Feud

Owens then said he got into a confrontation with McNabb after the Giants game in the Meadowlands locker room and running back Dorsey Levens broke up the two men.

"Donovan was never the same with me again; things were only going to get worse," Owens added.

The bolded sentence is all I need to read to know that TO is a joke...a great player, but a joke!

The Eagles beat a divisional rival on the road by 3 TDs and he's pissed that McNabb threw somewhere else on one play. Pitiful!

:doh:

The bolded sentence is all I need to read to know that TO is a joke...a great player, but a joke!

The Eagles beat a divisional rival on the road by 3 TDs and he's pissed that McNabb threw somewhere else on one play. Pitiful!

:doh:

Who knows what the score was when that play happened, and if you read the entire thing, the play was designed specifically for him to get the ball, he got open and mcnabb went somewhere else with it. When asked about it, McNabb responded with a "shut the **** up" Tell me that wouldn't piss you off.

Who knows what the score was when that play happened, and if you read the entire thing, the play was designed specifically for him to get the ball, he got open and mcnabb went somewhere else with it. When asked about it, McNabb responded with a "shut the **** up" Tell me that wouldn't piss you off.

:rolleyes:

Come on! Clearly you don't know what the score was during that play or you would have told us. To take this incident out of context and try to defend TO is ridiculous at best. Maybe TO wasn't as open as he claims, or wasn't open when McNabb was looking at him. Maybe there was a pass rush and McNabb had to dump off, or thought someone else could get more RAC yards because there wasn't any safety help to that side. Too many factors to use this one incident and then demonize McNabb in this situation.

I'll use your logic in the next part of my response. TO was probably riding him all game and saying he was open all day and McNabb had heard enough and told him to stick it because TO couldn't shut his mouth. Just because the play was designed for TO doesn't mean TO was the best option. Sorry, but I'll take the probowl QB's decision over anyone else's as to where the best place to put the ball was. As for being pissed off, maybe we should hear the other side of the story before we decide who should be pissed off. But, I'm sorry, it was the great TO so everyone should treat him with ultimate respect while he disrespects everyone else.

Come on! Clearly you don't know what the score was during that play or you would have told us.

I kind of figured the "who knows" part would have been obvious that nobody knows including myself

To take this incident out of context

I took it in the context it was written

Maybe TO wasn't as open as he claims, or wasn't open when McNabb was looking at him. Maybe there was a pass rush and McNabb had to dump off, or thought someone else could get more RAC yards because there wasn't any safety help to that side. Too many factors to use this one incident and then demonize McNabb in this situation.

Did I demonize mcnabb? No I read the quote as it was printed and commented on the responce

I'll use your logic in the next part of my response. TO was probably riding him all game and saying he was open all day and McNabb had heard enough and told him to stick it because TO couldn't shut his mouth.

My logic? My logic is reading the quote out of the book for what it actually said not what I wanted it to mean. Yours is just making things up

Just because the play was designed for TO doesn't mean TO was the best option. Sorry, but I'll take the probowl QB's decision over anyone else's

Of course you will take an Eagles player side I expected no less. I will await McNabbs reply to the book

As for being pissed off, maybe we should hear the other side of the story before we decide who should be pissed off.

As I said my reply was based off the quote in the book in the context it was written. IF the written part is accurate I would be pissed, and so would you correct?

It's the QB's job to run the huddle, call the play, and be a leader.

If McNabb comes back to the huddle ****ing then McNabb's job is to set him straight. What else is he supposed to say IN THE HUDDLE? "Oh sorry Terrell, I'll get the next one to you." Then what does that say about McNabb? How does that put him with the rest of his teammates?

I bet McNabb did say something along the lines of STFU. I doubt it was something that obnoxious, he doesn't strike me that way, but I can't say I'd be surprised.

Of course you will take an Eagles player side I expected no less. I will await McNabbs reply to the book

As I said my reply was based off the quote in the book in the context it was written. IF the written part is accurate I would be pissed, and so would you correct?

You better not be implying that I am an eagles fan. That is an insult I will not tolerate. ;)

McNabb has too much class to respond to anything TO, so you'll be waiting a while.

Sorry but there's two sides to every story and to take TO's word for it of all people is just beyond me. I would think at this point after eveything he's said, you would feel the same way. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. So no, I would not be pissed. I'm just not that sensitive. I might tell him to go f*** himself, but I wouldn't be pissed.

And for the record:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck And an extra one just for you BigD! :cheers:

You better not be implying that I am an eagles fan. That is an insult I will not tolerate. ;)

my mistake the name threw me.

McNabb has too much class to respond to anything TO, so you'll be waiting a while.

if he does would that be black on black crime?

Sorry but there's two sides to every story and to take TO's word for it of all people is just beyond me.

like I said I was just responding about the quote and what it said not the validity of it.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

that I agree with totally

So no, I would not be pissed. I'm just not that sensitive. I might tell him to go f*** himself, but I wouldn't be pissed.

Different strokes I guess

And an extra one just for you BigD! :cheers:

:cheers:

Dude, you don't just get yelled at like that by Donovan McNabb unless you instigated it. Nobody responds like that unless the person is being obnoxious. Do you really HONESTLY believe that McNabb just lost it because he was jealous?

Clint

Archived