Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Arrington Returns December 30

FightForOldDC

I hated to see the guy go but I also understood why Gibbs needed to let him go. Arrington basically called Gibbs and the medical staff liars and had constant arguments with the defensive coaches behind closed doors. You can't keep a guy like that on a Gibbs coached team plain and simple. I wish him luck though...
Extreme frustration had already set upon LaVar. Greg Williams is a diciplined coach and along with his "nagging injuries", he never adjusted. !!!

Lavar was my favorite player and I think he was acting a childish over some things. I won't boo him or cheer for him, but since he is part of the Giants (playing next to Antonio Pierce) I will not root for them to do well. I want nothing but failure for every other team in the division. Not to mentioned he wanted to stay here just to play the redskins.

By December 30th we will most likely be locked in a make-the-playoffs battle with the rest of our division AND other NFC East teams. I'll be rooting so hard for the Redskins and against anybody wearing another jersey that Lavar Arrington could sh** and fall back in it for all I will care.
I sincerely hope that it doesn't come to that !!! :mad:

I sincerely hope that it doesn't come to that !!! :mad:
You are showing a lot of "class" with you comment. I also wish him well.!!!!!!:)
I think his agent continued giving him bad advice and eventually the entire bargaining process broke down.
No doubt, there will be a "mixture of emotions" given when LaVar returns to FedEx.
I wouldn't be so quick at expressing that kind of opinion !!!
A big cheer for his "cap release" would certainly be in order. !!!! :)
Keep it real, can you actually imagine a silent treatment being given during LaVar's introduction at FedEx field ?
I sense a lot of "venom" in you and also a "hatred" for LaVar !!!!!!! :(
Place your ad on e-bay and I guarantee you that someone will purchase it and accept your challenge !!!!!
Antonio Pierce did exactly the same thing, he was a relative unknown LB before he arrived in Washington. He made a name for himself and when his contract came up for renewal, he "abandoned ship" for more money. I think his actions got into LaVars' head. The Redskins have demonstrated just how resillient they are and if you try to back them in a corner by adopting the attitude that they cannot "survive" without their services", they are "quickly shown the door". !!!:)
He's a man that made an "economical" decision. Regardless of thoughts about his decision, we do not "walk in his shoes"!!!
Great!, hold on to it., it may be of "value" one day. !!!! :laugh:
Your reply was well thought out and I share many of your responses. A lot of fans view him along with Antonio Pierce as being true examples of "traitors". The skins selected LaVar high in the draft and they "shaped" Antonio into a pro-bowl player and both of them demonstrated no "allegiance" to the redskins organization what-so-ever. "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW" !!!!!
I hope you get what you invisioned !!! :)
I really think that LaVar never had a chance to play under a "stable situation".He tried to adjust to many head coaches and defensive co-ordinators that it finally got to him. Put yourself in his position and I think you'll come to the conclusion that he faced "tremendous odds. :(
Extreme frustration had already set upon LaVar. Greg Williams is a diciplined coach and along with his "nagging injuries", he never adjusted. !!!
You need to attend an anger management class !!! :laugh:
Different circumstances and entirely different situations !!!
How will you react when Antonio Pierce is introduced?

Can you please let this thread die......:laugh:

Someone I met in line at the VA Beach thing said Lavar said he stayed in the same division just so he could beat up on us. Is that true?? If that is true, if I was there, I would boo the whole time. Can anyone confirm or deny that he said that? Just curious.

i never said cheer throughout the game, i said i would clap for him, i will if he is announced in introductions.....believe me, i was just as pissed, angry and sad the day lavar was leaving as the next, but in my eyes it does not negate everything he did here....like i said, i hope we stomp a hole in the giants but i will still clap for LaVar at intros.............................unless of course he talks trash about the 'Skins during the season, then that would be different

Negate everything he did here?? WTF did he do here that was all that great? Make a few great plays then be out of position and give up hurge yardage or a TD?? Did we ever win a playoff game before JG came back with your beloved Lavar?? Like I said, blue and white will look great on you this year, too bad we will win the division.

In JG I trust.

Hail

He did nothing great for the Redskins franchise. NOTHING. what did he do when he was here. HE LOST. we were a better defense without him. boo that man. i love his quote about his contract when the skins were getting ready to play seattle in the playoffs. that was real classy.

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Im not sure if I would cheer him..When Stephen Davis came to Fedex and I went, it was a preseason game but I cheered him..I usally only cheer for a former player if they didn't leave for more money..Davis left because Spurrier didn't want him..Im sure Lavar will get some cheers and boo's..

I dont think LaVar was wanted here......

He didnt break his contract for more money....

He was offered a buy out by the front office ( he didnt ask for it)

I've booed him every day since he's been here in NYC......

But i will show appreciation for his time as a Skin And the face of the team.

But once the game starts theres no love for a Giant....

I'm just looking forward to seeing Cooley run by him for a big play (like gates did at the end of the SD game last year) or Portis run by him for a TD like Frank Gore (another U guy) did when we played the 49ers last year.

I WILL be cheering for Patrick Ramsey when the Jets come to town in the pre-season.

But not Lavar.

I dont think LaVar was wanted here......

He didnt break his contract for more money....

He was offered a buy out by the front office ( he didnt ask for it)

Actually, LA was given a choice: Restructure his contract such that the team could spread his contract out over more years, thus, giving him more guaranteed money and the team cap space. Along with the condition that he does what the coaches ask of him. The other choice is what we have today: Pay the team back some money and be released from his contract.

He chose to leave. ****ing Traitor. Like I said: Lavar who? He is dead to me.

I really think that LaVar never had a chance to play under a "stable situation".He tried to adjust to many head coaches and defensive co-ordinators that it finally got to him. Put yourself in his position and I think you'll come to the conclusion that he faced "tremendous odds. :(

Odds that Samuels (here just as long) and Jansen (here longer) were able to overcome. Or was it the injuries? Oh yeah, CS and JJ had those too.

Perhaps Lavar's problem was Lavar? Ever think of that?

Odds that Samuels (here just as long) and Jansen (here longer) were able to overcome. Or was it the injuries? Oh yeah, CS and JJ had those too.

Perhaps Lavar's problem was Lavar? Ever think of that?

It's kind of sad that those are the only guys on the team from the 2000 season.

When the coaches change -so does the roster. I'm pretty sure Dallas on has 2 or 3 of the same guys since 2000.

It's probably pretty common throughout the league. I've never known football without free-agency, so it doesn't bother me as much as it might some. Careers in one city, that must've been nice for a fan.

I was a big Lavar fan and I will boo him because I am more of a fan of Joe Gibbs than Lavar and when espn interviewed him and he said that he had to keep his mouth shut last year to cover up for a hall of fame coach(or something along those lines) I lost all respect for him he had the nerve to say something like that about a hall of fame coach when all he did was go to 1 pro bowl

Archived