Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What NFL teams have the best Home Field Advantage?

Diehard Otis

Now let's get to the nitty gritty. Which teams are unbeatable at home? Please give me your top five....

My List

1)Denver: year in, year out, these guys are unreal at home! I believe that these guys have the best HFA in the league, & it ain't even close.

2)Kansas City: it seems that the Chiefs go undefeated at home every year. They were still good at home during the Gunther years, right?

3)Pittsburgh: under Cowher, the only way to beat the Steelers at home was to play them in the AFC Championship, otherwise, it wasn't happenin.

4)Philadelphia: I could be biased since they're a division team, but when was the last year that the birds were taken lightly in Philly?

5)Green Bay: admittedly, this one is probably going to be disputed the most. However, the mere fact that this team was undefeated in the playoffs (during the SB era!) till Vick caught em, is reason enough for me to be on this list.

Honorable Mention: Washington: Honestly, only The Coach gives us this distinction. The Skins are a different animal at home, with JG patrolling the sidelines. Much more lethal! Minnesota: the Vikings should never be taken lightly at home, any year.

I know most commentators always say that Arrowhead is the hardest place to play. I think most would say KC has the best HFA. I guess Denver could have the altitude thing on thier side though. I would love to include the skins there, but I'm not sure we are there yet. ...but hopefully FedEx becomes a place to fear soon enough. I have heard that FedEx can get to be the loudest of the stadiums... I just think we fans need to ensure that it gets that way at the right times.

I agree with Denver: Loud, rabid fans, altitude, and cold weather.

KC, for sure. Great fans and very loud.

Seattle's new stadium is very loud and their fans do a great job.

The Meadowlands is tough, especially when they open up those doors so the wind can blow 40+ MPH against the opponents' offenses.

Oakland and Philly are tough because of the abuse heaped on the opponents by entire sections of, shall we say, overly aggressive fans.

RFK was very intimidating back in the day. Seems like FedEx is improving, but the whine and cheese level doesn't help much.

In no particular order:

KC

Denver

Seattle

Green Bay

Philly

And I see the Saints being recharged this year. I'm not saying that Brees/Bush will make them a playoff team but I think with the addition of these two players along with the organization winning the battle to stay in NO and following the Katrina disaster, we're going to see some rejuvenated fans in the area.

Any team with a winning record.

Exactly.

The Bengals had a great homefield advantage in the late 80's when they were good. A horrible homefield during the 90's when they stunk and now that they're good again, "The Jungle" has returned. Or how about the Bills and Rich Stadium? That place was as tough a place to play as there ever was when the Bills were really good in the late 80's through most of the 90's. Now they're having serious problems getting fans to show up.

There are only a few places that seem pretty weak, regardless of how good the team is.

I think Atlanta has some pretty poor fans.

The Dolphins homefield advantage has never been the same since leaving the Orange Bowl.

San Francisco. Even when they were a dynasty, the 49ers played better away than they did at home. I never was intimated about going to Candlestick, it was the 49er team, not their homefield that made them tough.

I went through the records of every team at home in the last 5 years. Two teams have better than .500 records every season, the Broncos and the Patriots.

5 had home records better than their road records each of the last 5 seasons: the aforementioned Broncos and Patriots, as well as the Cowboys, Vikings, and Ravens.

My top 5 would be...

1. Broncos

2. Patriots

3. Ravens

4. Cowboys

5. Vikings

I went through the records of every team at home in the last 5 years. Two teams have better than .500 records every season, the Broncos and the Patriots.

5 had home records better than their road records each of the last 5 seasons: the aforementioned Broncos and Patriots, as well as the Cowboys, Vikings, and Ravens.

My top 5 would be...

1. Broncos

2. Patriots

3. Ravens

4. Cowboys

5. Vikings

Even if the pukes are on that list I've heard many a friend tell me that when Dalass is losing the stadium is half full. The skins always seem to sell out.

The question was "which NFL teams have the best Home Field Advantage?" Not who has the best record at home, or who wins at home the most, or whatever. The thread should ask "who has the loudest stadium, or what is the hardest place for opponents to come in and win?" This is the only thing that matters b/c you want to have the toughest place to come in and play in. IMO:

Kansas City

Indianapolis

Denver

Seattle

Washington

honorable mention: Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, and New York

By the way, Greenbay is too friendly and not tough to win in (look at their record at home the last few years) Minnesota is not a tough place either...both NFC North teams nonetheless.

Honestly I think KC and Washington are regarded as the loudest with the Indianapolis "artificial crowd noise pumping" Colt's dome being right up there at the top.

Factor in the elements with some other stadiums like Seattle, Denver, New England, etc...and you've got a whole 'nother argument on your hands.

HTTR!

Archived