Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Portis' big score

bubba9497

Should Geneva Convention protections be extended to al-Qaeda?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should Geneva Convention protections be extended to al-Qaeda?

• Yes, because it's the right thing to do.
    • Yes, because the Supreme Court said so.
    • Yes, because it's our fault the terrorists are attacking us.
    • No, because al-Qaeda is not a signatory to the Geneva Convention.
    • No, because terrorists do not fit the Convention's description of combatants.
    • No, because al-Qaeda members deserve nothing but burial in pig vomit.

That would certainly put a damper on things. :( Look now I'm sad.

Well on the bright side Clinton has never been prone to injury and he should be getting less carries overall. I just worry about a player when they add and then lose weight from season to season. He has the best trainers and dieticians money can buy though so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Also, I suspect he'll take less of a pounding because he won't be going up the gut as much.

"It will be fine. I've got some work to do – we all do with this scheme – but we have some time to get it together," Brunell said. "Actually, I'm really excited. We made a lot of moves in the offseason to try and get better, but I honestly think Al might have been the biggest of all of them.

"Everyone is working hard with his scheme. You can see it's paying off, too. Guys were starting to click and make plays out there [in minicamp], so you can see how it's going to open things up – especially for Clinton."

As usual, Mark Burnell has the attitude of a good leader.

Clinton Portis- 1,621 Rushing Yards, 16 Rushing Touchdowns, 602 Recieving Yards, 2 Recieving Touchdowns.

Ladell Betts- 544 Rushing Yards, 1 Rushing Touchdown, 106 Recieving Yards, 0 Recieving Touchdowns.

Jesse Lumseden- 114 Rushing Yards, 0 Rushing Touchdown, 5 Recieving Yards, 0 Recieving Touchdowns.

I really expect Clinton Portis to be used effectively and alot of screen plays this season.

This is the most accurate IMO. I think Betts will have a Recieving Touchdown though.

What Brunell says is very telling of their progress. I think Gibbs put together the right team to get this job done THIS year. ARE was on the John Thompson show saying that with the right guys and the right chemistry, good things happen. This team has the best chemistry and certainly has the right guys. Good things are gonna happen.

I don't even know what the stats will be. All I know is that I get all giddy every time I think about watching a snap with that many weapons on the field at one time. Nobody in the free world could guess what we will throw at opposing defenses.

Same here! I can't wait to see the new formations that our skins are going to line up in. Seeing Randle El, Lloyd, Patten, and Moss all on the field at the same time...I'd probably tell my gf I gotta run to the john, then its all :jerk: ahhh.

GC

I love portis, flat out. He is our guy. Even if he wasn't our guy I know I would like him. Tough, fast, likeable, funny, he is the whole package.

That being said, is it me or does he "bash" gibbs with his quotes a little too much? I don't buy the keeping it real excuse either. He just seems to drop some quotes about gibbs that make me whince.

Clinton Portis- 1,621 Rushing Yards, 16 Rushing Touchdowns, 602 Recieving Yards, 2 Recieving Touchdowns.

Ladell Betts- 544 Rushing Yards, 1 Rushing Touchdown, 106 Recieving Yards, 0 Recieving Touchdowns.

Jesse Lumseden- 114 Rushing Yards, 0 Rushing Touchdown, 5 Recieving Yards, 0 Recieving Touchdowns.

I really expect Clinton Portis to be used effectively and alot of screen plays this season.

I really like how you predict to the yard. Not just 1,600 yards for Clinton, but 1,621. And I guess you think Jesse Lumseden will catch a pass this year for 5 yards? Let's hope he can maybe get 8, huh? :)

Look for CP to have a many if not more yards with less carries this season.CP and the offense is primed for more big plays from the running game than in past 2 seasons.CP will run for 5.0 plus per carry this season with at least 10 big long runs in regular season.This year quality runs will override the total carries this season. :dallasuck

Look for CP to have a many if not more yards with less carries this season.CP and the offense is primed for more big plays from the running game than in past 2 seasons.CP will run for 5.0 plus per carry this season with at least 10 big long runs in regular season.This year quality runs will override the total carries this season. :dallasuck

Truth be told, that might be the stat I'd be happiest seeing. If he can get 5 ypc like in Denver, I'd be ecstatic.

Archived