Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Redskins linebacker Holdman eyes return to form

mrjoolius

He need to be hungy. Hell, he got paid to get layed out by WRs last season.

He didnt even do well as a role player. Maybe he will surprise us or maybe he will trick us much like Taylor Jacobs does every single year.

Holdman is a bum Period! He's an oxygen thief on the football field. :doh: I don't give a damn what the article says. He'll a lot of people look good running around hitting nothing at this time of year. Wait till the pads come on and its time to get physical. He is what he is. A bum.

Signed as a free agent last summer, after spending 2004 with the Cleveland Browns, where he started in 14 of 16 appearances and posted 110 tackles
Washington linebackers coach Dale Lindsey, who was Holdman's first position mentor with the Bears and who watched the veteran emerge in 2001 as one of the NFL's best young defenders, with a career-best 145 tackles, has challenged him to return to that previous form.

Although it pains me to praise anything Pastabelly writes, this is a nice article about Holdman. Apparently, he was a monster in Chicago in '01 and more than adequate in Clevland in '04. If we could get a performance like that out of him, it would sure be a lot better than starting a rookie who just had knee surgery. We all know Holdman played like crap in '05, but Gregg Williams seems to think he looks good. Holdman has been inconsistent, but Williams knows a thing or two about linebackers, so I'll take a wait and see approach.

If Williams is convinced that Holdman has the inside track that's just fuel for McIntosh and Clemmons to make some noise in the next month or so. Williams knows what he's doing by stating Holdman has the "inside track" of starting. A guy who almost never gives a straight answer about who is starting all of a sudden gives a staright answer about whos starting? He simply wants to light a fire under the others to step up the competition.

:readnews:

The Case of the Incoherent Stats:

OK fellas, help me clear this one up. Lenny P says Holdman had 145 tackles in '01 and and 110 in '05. Well, I just remembered something that I noticed about those same numbers a few weeks ago while sticking up for Gregg Williams who was being attacked for praising Holdman. The interesting thing is that Lenny P's numbers, 145 tackles in '01 and 110 in '05, match those listed in the "Redskins Official 2005 Yearbook."

OK, so here is the mystery that I noticed: If you check Holdman's player profile on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133309) you'll see that they have his numbers listed as something quite different from what the Redskins Official Yearbook does. NFL.com has credited him with 107 tackles (93 solo) in '01 and 78 tackles (49 solo) in '04. The yearbook gives him 145 (101 solo) in '01 and 110 (56 solo) '04.

Look, this is a significant discrepency. Prima Facie it looks like the yearbook is giving Holdman credit for 38 extra tackles in '01 and 22 extra tackles in '04. You can imagine my reaction upon discovering this. Is this a deliberate coverup? Is the team trying to dupe us into believeing that Holdman is a better player than he is? Can NFL.com's stats be wrong? I wondered.

Anyhow, I never pursued my inquiry any further, until I saw Lenny P quote the same numbers as the yearbook. So now I'm really confused. Who has the right numbers here? Lenn P and the Redskins, or NFL.com? Can NFL.com's numbers be wrong? I can't imagine that Lenny P would be using the Redskins Yearbook as his source, would he?

Unless, he is using those numbers to be a be a smartass towards the Redskins . . . He has done such things before. Isn't he the one who praised Art Monk on April fool's day? So, what the heck is going on? Can anybody find out who has the correct numbers? This really has me perplexed.

:whoknows:

Holdman is a bum Period! He's an oxygen thief on the football field. :doh: I don't give a damn what the article says. He'll a lot of people look good running around hitting nothing at this time of year. Wait till the pads come on and its time to get physical. He is what he is. A bum.

Don't you mean he's a "bumb" ? :)

:readnews:

The Case of the Incoherent Stats:

OK fellas, help me clear this one up. Lenny P says Holdman had 145 tackles in '01 and and 110 in '05. Well, I just remembered something that I noticed about those same numbers a few weeks ago while sticking up for Gregg Williams who was being attacked for praising Holdman. The interesting thing is that Lenny P's numbers, 145 tackles in '01 and 110 in '05, match those listed in the "Redskins Official 2005 Yearbook."

OK, so here is the mystery that I noticed: If you check Holdman's player profile on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133309) you'll see that they have his numbers listed as something quite different from what the Redskins Official Yearbook does. NFL.com has credited him with 107 tackles (93 solo) in '01 and 78 tackles (49 solo) in '04. The yearbook gives him 145 (101 solo) in '01 and 110 (56 solo) '04.

Look, this is a significant discrepency. Prima Facie it looks like the yearbook is giving Holdman credit for 38 extra tackles in '01 and 22 extra tackles in '04. You can imagine my reaction upon discovering this. Is this a deliberate coverup? Is the team trying to dupe us into believeing that Holdman is a better player than he is? Can NFL.com's stats be wrong? I wondered.

Anyhow, I never pursued my inquiry any further, until I saw Lenny P quote the same numbers as the yearbook. So now I'm really confused. Who has the right numbers here? Lenn P and the Redskins, or NFL.com? Can NFL.com's numbers be wrong? I can't imagine that Lenny P would be using the Redskins Yearbook as his source, would he?

Unless, he is using those numbers to be a be a smartass towards the Redskins . . . He has done such things before. Isn't he the one who praised Art Monk on April fool's day? So, what the heck is going on? Can anybody find out who has the correct numbers? This really has me perplexed.

:whoknows:

ESPN's own numbers are less than that of NFL.com's

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1859

Odd.

The Case of the Incoherent Stats (continued):

Bad news fellas, it looks like these fantastic Warrick Holdman stats are wrong. As far as I can tell, Holdman never put up such numbers. I can find only three sources that give him credit for that many tackles: The Redskins 2005 Yearbook, Redskins.com(http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=5308), and Lenny P. All other sources I check give him credit for significantly less:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...s?playerId=1859

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133309

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4756/career;_ylt=AjBeAdw3b3pquGVxtcuPy5_.uLYF

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=4756

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/133309

This seems to suggest the the Redskins are giving us the wrong numbers on Holdman. Lets hope it is an innocent mistake and not deliberate propaganda. An innocent mistake seems the more likely answer, after all, how much can be gained by tricking your fans into thinking Warrick Holdman is a better player than he is? Still, its a bit disconcerting to see such misinformation come from my beloved team. I actually hesitated to even bring this out, but I believe in the truth, so here it is.

Anyhow, I find it interesting that Lenny P would use Redskins.com's numbers in his article. He must have known they were wrong, all professional journalists check their sources don't they? I think he put our misinformation out as a way to make fun of us. That is sneaky and underhanded, to write something nice but deliberately make it an insult. Its the same thing as putting out an article praisng Monk on April Fool's day. Although it upsets me that the Redskins media outlet got their numbers wrong, I think Lenny P is being a jerk.

Maybe I'm wrong on all this, but somebody will have to show a source besides the Redskins and Lenny P that gives the same inflated numbers.

The Case of the Incoherent Stats (concluded):

Of course it is possible that whoever wrote this article for Redskins.com is just an idiot and nobody noticed his mistake:

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=5308

2001: Holdman came back strong after rehabilitating his injured left knee, starting 15 of 16 games, ranking second on the team with a career-high 145 tackles and first with 101 solo tackles. He also tied for team-lead with 3 forced fumbles and recorded the first six pass break-ups of his career. . .

2004: Holdman started 14 games for the Browns and appeared in all 16 games, posting 110 tackles (56 solo) with a half sack and three pass breakups.

It looks like Lenny P took these incorrect numbers (by some idiot) off of Redskins.com to use in his article, probably to mock us since these numbers are obvioulsy wrong. I geuss I should give Lenny P kudos for pointing out the mistake, but it was so sneaky the way he did it.

He writes this great article praising Holdman, only to deliberately mock us by using our website's incorrect information. This is just like him. As many of you know, he is very vindicative towards our team. The fact that he noticed this mistake at all goes to show how obsessed he is. What an arse.

if you want to get his real stats go get the 16 games he played in,and watch every down.

stats aren't an exact science as we all would like them to be.

Yeah stats aren't an exact science. But dude, we're talking about a discrepency of 60 tackles in two seasons. The margin of error is not that big.

He has done such things before. Isn't he the one who praised Art Monk on April fool's day?
For the record, that wasn't Lenny P it was Peter King, and it wasn't April Fool's it was 6-6-06. I think Lenny P and Peter King may actually be the same person though :silly:.

Anyhow here is a link to the article, praising Art Monk on June 6, 2006. What an arse. There is also some discussion about his sneakiness here, but it takes a few pages for anybody to notice. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157326&highlight=April+Fool%27s

The fact that he noticed this mistake at all goes to show how obsessed he is.
And I geuss the fact that I went on about all this for so long goes to show how obsessed I am. Anyhow, f*** 'em both!:rant:

OK, I'm done now. :whew:

It seems like every team that goes on to achieve post-season success in the NFL has at least 2-3 players like Holdman, vets with some ability that have years that take them back to their primes. If Holdman at 31 can come back and be the player he was a few years ago, no one will question the Redskins WLB spot :)

The fact Gregg Williams wanted him back warts and all from 2005 is an indication that Holdman is not alone in thinking he can come back and put up some good numbers for us.

He need to be hungy. Hell, he got paid to get layed out by WRs last season.

He didnt even do well as a role player. Maybe he will surprise us or maybe he will trick us much like Taylor Jacobs does every single year.

Maybe Holdman will be this year's 2005 Mark Brunell on defense. (tanks the first year, is a crucial playmaker the next )

Archived