Riggo headed to Red Zebra

MossPortisTaylorRocky

Do you back into parking spaces?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back into parking spaces?

• No
    • Yes
    • I let my driver make that decision

Anyone know if these Redskins Radio stations will have online feeds like 980? That is the only way I will be able to listen to them since I live in Missouri. Thanks.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(Proud son of a WWII ETO Vet - Member: "Greatest Generation")

Anyone know if these Redskins Radio stations will have online feeds like 980? That is the only way I will be able to listen to them since I live in Missouri. Thanks.

The FM Stations have/had feeds. I dont believe that the AM did. However I feel that one of the FM stations will become direct competition to 980 and therefore be available online.

They were all Latin based stations previously and who knows what they will become, but I feel that there is a fairly good chance that with Riggo and Bram on board, one of the stations will be mostly sports based.

Wow, this may be the first thing that gets me turn off my satellite radio and turn on craptacular AM/FM.

Not me.But something tells me Snyder will get on Sirous or XM in the very near future.Probably XM since its headquartered in DC.

Now y'all give B. Mitch the blues, but Riggo is just as hard on the Skins as B. Mitch is, if not harder sometimes.

I agree. I just remember last year, when we started the season pretty well and everybody was talking about how crappy of a team we were, I called into Riggo's show to ask him why he hates Gibbs so much. I remember, he said "Gibbs made me retire, so I have the right to make him do likewise", or something to that effect.

Its nice that he's not afraid to state his opinion, but I don't know how pro-Redskins his show will be. As much as I love the Redskins and Riggo, I'd like it if he kept some of his objective opinion towards the Skins. It gives the fans something to call in about.

But then again, Riggo did start to come around and talk more positively on his radio show towards the end of the year (maybe he knew this job was coming).

I called into Riggo's show to ask him why he hates Gibbs so much. I remember, he said "Gibbs made me retire, so I have the right to make him do likewise", or something to that effect.

Riggins can be a very petty man.

I remember during the 86 season, Riggins was employed as a cohost on a Ch 7 Redskins show that came on Mondays (I think it was their version of Redskins Sidelines). Riggins would rip George Rogers seemingly every week despite the fact that George actually had a very good season 1200 yards and 18 TD.

Then the ultimate pot calling kettle black moment for me was when Riggins questioned Rogers toughness and ability to pound the ball because the Giants so successfully stuffed him in the RFK showdown and then the NFC title game.

Even back then I was thinking, "Hey Riggo, could it be that there was no place for a power back to run because the line was getting stuffed......you know kind of like what happened to you in Super Bowl 18 or how about the playoff game against the Bears?"

Riggins allows his personal vendettas get in the way of his analysis. So if true that Gibbs "made" him retire (hey Riggo, you were clearly washed up in 1985 Gibbs made the right call) and couple that with his distain of Dan Snyder, it's no longer a surprise that he rips the Skins.

Credit to Snyder for being the bigger man and hiring Riggins anyway for Red Zebra even though I know I won't be tuning in for it.

Archived