Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accurate Thread Titles -- Why others use them and I pretend not to understand them.

Redskins Diehard

I am a little confused as to why the "Russian Roulette/Suicide-By-Mod" thread has that title. I understand the Suicide-By-Mod portion but it seems there is no "game of chance" element involved and therefor no reason to reference Russian Roulette. Maybe "Russian Roulette with a Fully Loaded Pistol" may be more applicable. I was obligated to start a new thread to ask this question for obvious reasons.

Actually, your thread title isn't accurate either. If this is about that specific thread, that should be included in your title, especially since your subject does not appear to be about the problem of inaccurate thread titles in general.

Actually, your thread title isn't accurate either. If this is about that specific thread, that should be included in your title, especially since your subject does not appear to be about the problem of inaccurate thread titles in general.

Contraire, my thread is specifically about a thread with an innacurate thread title. The game of Russian Roulette typically provides you a 5 out of 6 chance for survival, posting in that thread appears to have much lower odds. Due to that fact this is in fact a thread about the most recent example of an inaccurate thread title that I have seen.

Contraire, my thread is specifically about a thread with an innacurate thread title. The game of Russian Roulette typically provides you a 5 out of 6 chance for survival, posting in that thread appears to have much lower odds. Due to that fact this is in fact a thread about the most recent example of an inaccurate thread title that I have seen.

The little yield sign looking thing in the upper-right corner of each post is the "report a post" feature if somebody is breaking the rules. Personally, I suggest you complain directly in the roulette thread.

I am a little confused as to why the "Russian Roulette/Suicide-By-Mod" thread has that title. I understand the Suicide-By-Mod portion but it seems there is no "game of chance" element involved and therefor no reason to reference Russian Roulette. Maybe "Russian Roulette with a Fully Loaded Pistol" may be more applicable. I was obligated to start a new thread to ask this question for obvious reasons.

If you want to be so literal, so be it. Would you be happier if it was titled, "if you dumb enough, post in this thread"

If you want to be so literal, so be it. Would you be happier if it was titled, "if you dumb enough, post in this thread"

I'm not sure "happier" is the word. But it certainly would be a more accurate thread title.

But to really make both portions of the title be true there should be no punishment except that of the permanent variety.

that was an interesting thread. I wouldn;t have minded being the first or second so much.

Oh, what kind of libertarian are you. I thought you folk were willing to do anything for your freedom, to prevent the man from keeping you down. A 15 day punishment is too much for you to prove that you'll post when and where you want.

All that being said, this thread does not indicate a problem with the content, only how it relates to the title

Oh, what kind of libertarian are you. I thought you folk were willing to do anything for your freedom, to prevent the man from keeping you down. A 15 day punishment is too much for you to prove that you'll post when and where you want.

All that being said, this thread does not indicate a problem with the content, only how it relates to the title

What freedom? It isn't my website

Im curious about this:

"Some of us on Staff have a theory. We’ve decided to test it"

What is the theory? That some people are too stupid for their own good? That some people just want to be banned?

That some people think there are worse things than not being able to post on here for a week, or two, or a month?

Archived