Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter in Madden 06 (PS2)

Skins Addict

Here's an interesting piece of information for Madden 06 gamers:

I started a new Redskins franchise using the most recent online rosters (dated sometime late last season). I signed Andre Carter (among others) to the Redskins. By default, he was an OLB with an overall rating in the low 80's. I changed his position to DE, and instantly his overall rating improved to like 93. And I did NOT tinker with any of his ability ratings. I'm assuming the excellent overall rating as a DE is due to his speed and acceleration skills.

Needless to say, somebody is eagerly awaiting the release of Madden 07...

Oh yeah I've done that before. You actually don't need the latest roster for that to happen. As soon as we signed Andre, I traded for him, but kept him as an OLB so that I wouldn't have to give up as much as I would have if he was a 93 DE. You can interchange a lot of players positions to take advantage of this.

I started a new Redskins franchise using the most recent online rosters (dated sometime late last season). I signed Andre Carter (among others) to the Redskins. By default, he was an OLB with an overall rating in the low 80's. I changed his position to DE, and instantly his overall rating improved to like 93. And I did NOT tinker with any of his ability ratings. I'm assuming the excellent overall rating as a DE is due to his speed and acceleration skills.

no wonder every time i send him on a blitz he get to the QB about 50 % of the time way more than Lavar did, so i always wondered how he was doing that since he's rating was way less than Lavar.

Oh yeah I've done that before. You actually don't need the latest roster for that to happen. As soon as we signed Andre, I traded for him, but kept him as an OLB so that I wouldn't have to give up as much as I would have if he was a 93 DE. You can interchange a lot of players positions to take advantage of this.

You should probably just trade for him in the main roster menu instead of doing it during a season or franchise. That way you can just trade a scrub player for him and not really have to give away anything at all for him. I traded Walt Harris for him I believe... or some other player who's not on the roster anymore. I switch him over to DE before trading for him.

Doing it this way would allow you to have him on your roster automatically when ever you start up in franchise mode.

no wonder every time i send him on a blitz he get to the QB about 50 % of the time way more than Lavar did, so i always wondered how he was doing that since he's rating was way less than Lavar.

your logic doesn't really make since it was probably just a coincidence...

-the same thing happens with Lavar when you move him to DE in madden he goes up to at least a 92-93 ovr.

And in Madden Lavar is a beast of a pass rusher (at DE or LB)so i'm not sure what you're talkin about...

-You guys should also put Mccune at DE too sometimes, he's a pretty good pass rusher with his 85 spd.

:logo:

This is a good assessment because Carter is projected to start at DE.

I hope that Carter can get plenty of presure around the side. We've lacked that for many years. The last good, young rusher we had I believe was Lang. Since then, I haven't seen much in terms to a rush. Anyways, it should be a hella out of fun to watch Daniels and Carter work their magic... HTTR...

2 things on this topic:

1)In the real world, I think Andre Carter is going to really step up the play of our D-line. If you think about it, they really started to come on at the end of last season, but that was without a true pass rusher, with carter down there, it's going to really make offensive lines frustrated, because not only do you have this beastly D-line rushing you, but with our LB's, and safeties, and hell, our whole secondary's ability to blitz. Should be interesting.

2)I don't have Madden 06, but I've been playing 05 alot lately, and if you want to just create an excellent defensive line in franchise, go after John Henderson. I wound up trading I think a draft pick for him, and he is unstoppable. I'm playing on all madden and controlling him on every down, and he leads the league in sacks. he throws o-linemen around like they're children :)

Beware though, the franchise mode is ADDICTIVE! I set down with the intention of playing through a season, and now I'm up to my sixth year with the skins :)

Patrick

Put Daniels at Defensive Tackle too he increases like 3 points. Put Mccune at DE. Then we nasty. Anyways this happens for every player in the game and has already been adressed here. Try things with other teams like Ian gold to DE (I think he goes all the way to 96, WHOA is right) Try putting ed reed at Corner since it is more valuable and you'll see him get a pick every single game, he stays at 99.

LOL, aren't you just cheating yourself? Whats the point? I guess when I play franchise I try to make it as difficult as possible for myself. 2 each there own.

BTW yeah, I noticed the same thing with Andre.

If Carter stays healthy I'm hoping for around 10 sacks and a lot of QB pressures.

Yeah I would be fully satisfied with that. I want more and think it can happen, and I could live with less. But that would be enough to really put our defense into overdrive.

2 things on this topic:

1)In the real world, I think Andre Carter is going to really step up the play of our D-line. If you think about it, they really started to come on at the end of last season, but that was without a true pass rusher, with carter down there, it's going to really make offensive lines frustrated, because not only do you have this beastly D-line rushing you, but with our LB's, and safeties, and hell, our whole secondary's ability to blitz. Should be interesting.

2)I don't have Madden 06, but I've been playing 05 alot lately, and if you want to just create an excellent defensive line in franchise, go after John Henderson. I wound up trading I think a draft pick for him, and he is unstoppable. I'm playing on all madden and controlling him on every down, and he leads the league in sacks. he throws o-linemen around like they're children :)

Beware though, the franchise mode is ADDICTIVE! I set down with the intention of playing through a season, and now I'm up to my sixth year with the skins :)

Patrick

If you find it too easy or unrealistic with a certain player/team you can always adjust the AI sliders. I am very good at Madden 06 and even with my best teams I still have somewhat realistic seasons with my slider sets.

His rating went down for me:( . Although after 2 seasons he just won league MVP in Franchise mode for 58 season sacks!!!! I like to take him from his side on passing situations or when there sint a TE to block him and speed rush from the outside!!! I think he had 13 + sack game!!!

hey how do you change his position? I've tried adjusting his attributes and he's still listed as a OLB. And when i slide him to DE on the depth chart, his awareness is like on 12. Could you help?

Interesting. I need to get the last roster update then cause when I put him at LE, he goes from an 83 at OLB to 79. Now what I used to do when in the Nickle and Dime defenses, is put Lavar at LE. He was a man coming off the edge. I do it sometimes with Marcus Washington but it isn't the same. I've now, moved Carter to LE all the time and put Wynn at DT. This is in exhibition, I don't play franchise.

Interesting. I need to get the last roster update then cause when I put him at LE, he goes from an 83 at OLB to 79. Now what I used to do when in the Nickle and Dime defenses, is put Lavar at LE. He was a man coming off the edge. I do it sometimes with Marcus Washington but it isn't the same. I've now, moved Carter to LE all the time and put Wynn at DT. This is in exhibition, I don't play franchise.

Are you just substituting him to the line using the depth chart or do you actually change his position to defensive end by the player editor?

Are you just substituting him to the line using the depth chart or do you actually change his position to defensive end by the player editor?

I was doing it just in the substitution once the game started.

Now I've just used the depth chart put him in the LE spot. I was looking for the place to oedit his position but I can't remember where to find it.

I was doing it just in the substitution once the game started.

Now I've just used the depth chart put him in the LE spot. I was looking for the place to oedit his position but I can't remember where to find it.

Before you even start a franchise mode, you go into "view roster" from the main screen (I forget the main button it's under) when the game starts up ... view roster select the player and edit him. The only thing you have to make sure of is that you have enough OLBs at his position before you try to change his position. (he needs to be the 3rd ROLB or LOLB for it to work, otherwise it won't allow you to make the change to DE).

I've actually updated the rosters myself as trades happen for every team. That way when I start a Franchise the roster's are accurate and even more up to date than the rosters you download.

how did you change him to a DE? I have Madden'06 on the 360 and it wont let me change him to anything on the DL, it will only let me make him an ILB or OLB

Archived