Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter in Madden 06 (PS2)

Skins Addict

how did you change him to a DE? I have Madden'06 on the 360 and it wont let me change him to anything on the DL, it will only let me make him an ILB or OLB

You need to have at least 3 linebackers at his position in order to change him to a DE. If you don't, it won't let you do it. I have it for Playstation though, but I would think it would be the same for 360.

hey how do you change his position? I've tried adjusting his attributes and he's still listed as a OLB. And when i slide him to DE on the depth chart, his awareness is like on 12. Could you help?

Just go to edit player info when you go to manage the player. I switch Randy Moss to a RB which dropped his value and I was able to trade for him. Then I switched him back to a 99 Reciever.

Every time I try to change a players position the option is not highlighted and is unselectable. Is there only a certain period in which this type of move is possible? I have Madden 06 on PS2. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Every time I try to change a players position the option is not highlighted and is unselectable. Is there only a certain period in which this type of move is possible? I have Madden 06 on PS2. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

You have to have three total players at his position before it will allow you to make the change. So say you have a ROLB that you want to switch to DE, but you only have two ROLBs on your roster, you need to go sign another ROLB before it will allow you to do it.

EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHY CARTER'S RATINGS GO DOWN, OR YOU CAN"T CHANGE HIM, LISTEN UP!!!!!!!

If you want Carter to play his natural position, you must go to the main rosters, and don't go to the depth chart at all. Just click on Andre Carter, and make sure you have at least 3 LB'S and DE's before you do so. If you have the updated rosters, or updated the entire NFL roster manually, like I did, than all you will have to do is go to edit player, and edit his position and change it to a DE, which is his natural positon. Once you've done that, exit and his ratings should be up to a 93 overall.

If you don't have updated rosters, update them, so you wont have to go all through the trouble of signing, releasing, etc. Or do it manually if you like, and you won't have that problem either.

all of you are over looking one major part... when you switch someone on d like that. It lowers the players awareness at the position... so someones overall rating might go up.. but their awareness takes a drastic drop

It drops the awareness if you play Carter the OLB as a DE. If, like others have said, you go into the roster and change it so he's Carter the DE his awareness as a DE will be the same as it was as an OLB.

You have to have three total players at his position before it will allow you to make the change. So say you have a ROLB that you want to switch to DE, but you only have two ROLBs on your roster, you need to go sign another ROLB before it will allow you to do it.

Not necessarily correct.

You need at least 5 OLB's on your roster to change someone like Carter to a DE. You can then change the other DE's to left or right, then change Wynn back to DT, covering the loss Noble.

Having already done this on my pc version, Renaldo is now my #2 DT behind Griffin, with Carter and Daniels outside. Washington and Holdman are my starting OLB's, with Lemar in the middle.

To change any other players position, you must have more than the minimum required, ie, 4 RB's will allow you to change one to a FB or TE, 3 TE's will allow you to change one to FB or WR, etc.

Using current rosters for all teams as they now stand (did it all manually after downloading the most recent update), I spanked the Brokebacks 80-7.

Actually, it is correct for the playstation version of the game.

Yeah I think he was just confused, on consoles it distinguishes between Rolb and Lolb, yet he was talking about OLB as one position. Hence we would need only 3 Rolb, but that would make 5 total OLB

The pc version also distinguishes between LOLB and ROLB.

On the ps2, try this. Have three ROLB's and only one LOLB (4 OLB's in total) on any teams roster, then see if you can change one of these players positions. If you can, that's something the pc version won't allow.

I think Madden tends to shaft the Skins players. I became convinced when they updated the rosters online and Patrick Crayton from the Cowbums hands went up to like 90 something. I was like WHAT? What did he do to deserve that?

Also when the SKins defense was #3 in the NFl and #1 in the NFC , they didn't get their full props.

I wouldn't be surprised if Archuleta and Carter were taken down just because their on the SKins.

Archived