Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this is a EBAY scam or not (kind of long)

Maxito

Do u  

1. 1. Do u

• yes
    • no

Guys I need your opinion on here. I have never used this ID, or nor I remember making this one. I have a another account that I regulary used But the thing is that it is telli me to confirm that I am the real owner. But when I click on the site it is asking me to give my credit card number, experiation date, and my pin number for ATM transaction. ANd this is for security identificatio. So I don't know what to do.

Here's what it says

I am recieving an email from the security services from Ebay. And it is telling me this When people break our policies, violate consumer trust and the law of the land, eBay and PayPal work with law enforcement throughout the world to apprehend and prosecute fraudsters. Our diligence in this area is evidenced by the arrests that are made and the trust that is built both within the community and with law enforcement. Most importantly, we do this without compromising our commitment to our member's privacy. eBay, Inc., has established a Fraud Investigations Team (FIT) to promote safe use of our platforms, and to collaborate with law enforcement throughout the world to enforce policies, prosecute fraudsters and help keep our Community safe.

Valued eBay Member,

We are contacting you to remind you that on 07 JUN 2005 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=yes

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

It's not a scam.

They never ask you for your password or whatever in an email but they MIGHT ask you to sign in.

I just went to Ebay.com and then went to the sign in page, it's pretty much the same address you linked to.

It may just be a fraud alert. It doesn't mean they are trying to do anything other than confirm why there was activity at a place they weren't expecting.

Maxito, let me ask you a question:

Was your card reported lost or stolen or anything like that recently (or any of the cards associated with the account?)

Basically, is there any reason for you to GET this email?

dude..they're phishing for your credit card #....forward the email in it's entirety to spoof@ebay.com...

they will email you back shortly confirming that is a fraud and that they will follow up on it....DO NOT enter any Ebay user name, password or credit card info.

Also........ANY email from ebay always appears in your inbox as well on their site.

Thats what I thought the first time. Strange to the fact I was about to grab my wallet, but until I saw them ask for my pin number I said hold up something ain't right. So I asked for advice.

I greatly appreciate it. Save me a lot of trouble.

dude..they're phishing for your credit card #....forward the email in it's entirety to spoof@ebay.com...

they will email you back shortly confirming that is a fraud and that they will follow up on it....DO NOT enter any Ebay user name, password or credit card info.

Also........ANY email from ebay always appears in your inbox as well on their site.

But what happened if you signed into your account but never gave your information.

Thats what I thought the first time. Strange to the fact I was about to grab my wallet, but until I saw them ask for my pin number I said hold up something ain't right. So I asked for advice.

I greatly appreciate it. Save me a lot of trouble.

They asked for your PIN. :laugh:

Yes, dead giveaway.

BTW, even if I were mistaken, i would have told you to merely go to ebay.com and sign in.

You never sign in using a link, though actually they will kind of but it won't be unsolicited when you're selling on Ebay and linking your bank account.

It's not a scam.

They never ask you for your password or whatever in an email but they MIGHT ask you to sign in.

I just went to Ebay.com and then went to the sign in page, it's pretty much the same address you linked to.

It may just be a fraud alert. It doesn't mean they are trying to do anything other than confirm why there was activity at a place they weren't expecting.

Was your card reported lost or stolen or anything like that recently (or any of the cards associated with the account?)

There has been no reports of my card being lost or stolen. I haven't reported it. I have never used this account to do any bidding so I don't know why I got this email.

But what happened if you signed into your account but never gave your information.

If you signed in with the link they provided........guaranteed they captured your id and password....sign on to EBAY immediately and change your password. And do what I said about forwarding the email to spoof@ebay.com

If you cant change your password that means they beat you to it...and notify Ebay immdediately.

There has been no reports of my card being lost or stolen. I haven't reported it. I have never used this account to do any bidding so I don't know why I got this email.

Then that should seal it.

If you had gotten an email in your Ebay box ANd your email and they asked you to sign in (and not given you a link directly to a form, they always just link to a page and assume that the site will make you sign in if you're not signed in) then I'd say maybe it was legit.

But it's clear it's not now. Especially since there is no fraud report on any of that stuff.

It's just weird that they can spoof the actual sign-in URL of the sign-in page.

I would email ebay and forward your emailto:spoof@ebay.com email to them.

They should reply to you telling you if it's real or not.

But, NEVER give out info to ANYBODY!!!!

They may ask you to confirm something, but don't give Credit Card #s or pins/SS#'s anything like that.

ebay shouldn't ask for that info anyway.

If you signed in with the link they provided........guaranteed they captured your id and password....sign on to EBAY immediately and change your password. And do what I said about forwarding the email to spoof@ebay.com

If you cant change your password that means they beat you to it...and notify Ebay immdediately.

I tried to go into that account but it said that I have the wrong passward. But the problem is the I don't remeber that password for that account.

I tried to go into that account but it said that I have the wrong passward. But the problem is the I don't remeber that password for that account.

You tried to go into which account? The id that you dont even think is yours? Or did you enter your actual user id and password of your current account. If you didnt enter a valid user name and password on the spoof link don't worry about it. But still email the entire unedited email you received to spoof@ebay.com

It's not a scam.

Actually his is a scam send the original email in the account you got it from to Spoof@ebay.com

ebay will never ask for a credit card number in a link.

Lesson to everyone if you get a an email from any site asking you to click on a link to log on to there site dont it is phishing send it to there company fraud which for ebay and paypal begin with spoof and they will confirm it I constantly get spoof emails to an account i never use that is one way to know

I use hotmail for my ebay stuff well my aol had an email stating my aol name had an account that is how i know its a spoof

Exactly! NEVER click on a link in an email from any institution involving finances. Even if it looks exactly like the legitimate URL, it can exploit a loophole in most browsers in order to let the "real" address come up but have a fake page behind it. If you're going to a site, type it in the address bar.

Also, mouse over the link (without clicking on it). If the address shown at the bottom of the browser window doesn't match the link text, you know right away it's a phishing attempt.

Archived