Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SF: NFC Divisional Breakdown

bubba9497

I acknowledged you had a O line.

I took exception to the guy stating you had a good D-line.

It is by far the weakest in the division and you know it.

TSK TSK. weakest in the division? please. look at the second half of the season last year when the D line was healthy. sacks, run stopping, hell i cant even count all th batted passes. i know that there was a tipped pass on your first poss at FedEx for an INT. and i know poor christine simms had 5 tipped, two for INT's in the playoff game. the D line also stopped the bucs on 3rd and 4th and 1 when the game was on the line.

back to your humiliating defeat. your argument of "woulda coulda shoulda" based on who you had playing is pretty good but im not buying it. you had the players your FO and coaches put on the field. it wasnt like the Skins hired them for you or they were the last to be picked playing kickball.

so while i cant reasonbly say we have the best D line in the division, for you to say it is BY FAR the weakest is, well, pretty weak.

I'm sure you've got some serious spin on how Dallas' LBs were being used improperly the last couple of years but a new tweak will show that Cowboy D-line is all world now and that Laroi Glover was the problem. On the flip side the Skins have done it with mirrors and Lavar Arrington, even though he played less than half the games the last two years, was the key to our front four's success. :doh:

Game...set...match...:)

Once again welcome to the best football site on the web..just continue to tell yourself that everytime you log in to your pc and clink one of your favorites.... http://www.extremeskins.com

Nice stats. I noticed they are all against the run.

I got 3 words for you...............NO PASS RUSH !!!!!

The most important thing on defense is pass rush. Good consistant pressure. Makes everyone on the field better. Ask Peyton manning.

:laugh: the most important thing is stoping the other team from scoring.

Few team if any create more pressure than the Skins

BTW, Despite several injuries to our front 4 last season,the pokes had exactly 2 more sacks with your starters healthy. Oh wait, do injuries only count as excuses for Dallas?

Our DL dominated Tampa in the playoffs, and held seattles in check for most of the game..... how well did the cowboys do in the playoffs?

oh yeah... that's right your DL was home watching on TV :laugh:

The most important thing on defense is pass rush. Good consistant pressure. Makes everyone on the field better. Ask Peyton manning.

Then riddle me this Spin Man.

The last two years:

Points Allowed

Washington -- 558

Philadelphia -- 648

New York G -- 661

Dallas -- 713

Sacks

New York G -- 81

Philadelphia -- 76

Washington -- 75

Dallas -- 70

WRONG. if you cant stop the run no one needs to bother passing on you. a great passing game with no rushing equals highlights not superbowls or even playoffs. ever heard of the arizona cardinals?

stop the run. force the pass and utilize a preimier secondary and you will make the playoffs most of the time.

Saying that "anyone that thinks Philly has a chance of even going 8-8 has no clue about football" is ridiculous. It might be that Philly is the weakest team in the division (and I think they are), but they are playing with practically the same team that went to back-to-back NFC title games before they had TO.

Yea, they are practically the same team that went to back-to-back NFC title games, but they played six of their games each year against three sub par teams. The Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants have each made significant upgrades at almost every position of weakness over the last few years, while the Eagles have been treading water. Yes, they are just about as good as they've always been, but everyone else is leaps and bounds better. Everyone in the NFC had to measure itself against the Eagles all those years they were dominating, so every team decided it had to find ways to make itself even better than the Eagles under the same financial restraints, while the Eagles kept to their conservative ways.

We should thank the Eagles for forcing the rest of the division to bulk up their coaching staff's and roster's. The other three teams in the division now have larger than life coaches manning the ships, with super roster's at their disposal. I think each of the three has a legitamte shot at being in the Top 10 on both Offense and Defense.

The last two years:

Points Allowed

Washington -- 558

Philadelphia -- 648

New York G -- 661

Dallas -- 713

Sacks

New York G -- 81

Philadelphia -- 76

Washington -- 75

Dallas -- 70

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Dallas eats it......Period. Pick a new team.

:dallasuck:dallasuck

Bubba, you are something else. I love how you love Ex-cowboys.

Keyshawn..........the greatest of all time..........once he left. His leaving the cowboys will kill us

Larry Allen.........the greatest guard of all time.....How in the world will the cowboys make it without him

And now Laroi Glover?????????

But all these guys you blasted when they were on the team. And when they leave, you imply that they were great? Man, I love reading your posts.

Wow what a complete lie,

tell you what you provide me one quote where I said either

Keyshawn..........the greatest of all time..........once he left. His leaving the cowboys will kill us

Larry Allen.........the greatest guard of all time.....How in the world will the cowboys make it without him

just one, either player , even half of each statement. show one time I said either was the greatest of All Time,

Seriously backup your bull****, one time I DARE YOU!

good luck, because I know the truth.

all I've ever said about them was Keyshawn had better hands than TO, but TO was more athletic and faster, and Larry Allen was YOUR best OL last season...... so find where I stated anything you claimed..... go on

and please show where I said Glover was the greasest or even the best DL on the Pokes......

but you deny his contributions and talent last season?

LOL. Not bad against a line who had one 6th round pick and one bum that was put in because of injury.

How'd you do the first game when we didn't have spares in there??? Oh yeah, I forgot 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

But I'm sure Carter will change all that. :laugh:

And you still only scored 13 points...

...and lost

Drew had all the time in the world and still couldn't score...strange??

We have the best run stuffing line in the league. They focus more on that aspect because that is what their talent dictates. Andre Carter might change that. We showed towards the middle/end of the year, with all of our linemen healthy, we have a decent pass rush.

I think a great runstuffing line with a decent passrush cannot be the weakest in the division.

The writer of that piece is insane. How can he say football games are won and lost in the trenches......"and thats where the redskins will shine". Is he high? You've got a pretty good O-line, but your D-line is nothing to brag about. Without bringing a blitz, you can't create any pressure whatsoever.

If he wants to pick the skins to win the division fine, but find something to write about them that actually tells the truth.

I will admitt our pass rush sucked the first half of the year but it wasnt untill week 11 that every one of our starters was on the field at the same time.

This was a totaly different defense the last 5 games of the season when everyone was healthy, 18 sacks, 7 against Dallas, close to 20 turnovers adding the Playoffs, and that was because of our passrush, stripping the ball from QB,s and tipping passes for INT's.

And you say we cant create any pressure whatsoever? Look at the stats, the Redskins had more sacks, turnovers, and defensive touchdowns then Dallas, NY and Philly the 2nd half of the season, and we can shut down the run, you cant!!!

The writer of that piece is insane. How can he say football games are won and lost in the trenches......"and thats where the redskins will shine". Is he high? You've got a pretty good O-line, but your D-line is nothing to brag about. Without bringing a blitz, you can't create any pressure whatsoever.

If he wants to pick the skins to win the division fine, but find something to write about them that actually tells the truth.

. . . our defensive line could not bring pressure when Griffin and Salavea were injured. When they were back in the lineup and fairly healthy we dominated.

Look at the scoreboard and the stats . . . when they were in and healthy we won, when they weren;t we had to blizt the CB's and safties like crazy, and even that gave us a good shot to win.

The one article out there that has something positive to say about our team and you have to get up on your soapbox and start preaching.

Funny how Peter King says Dallas is SB contenders and you donp;t hear a word from you. Yet one wirter, one freaking writer who acknowledges what we did last year and the progress we made and the FA pickups we made and puts his monmey on us and you start flapping your mouth.

I must admit I'm not surprised about this response comeing from you though. :dallasuck

Apparently it didn't make the boys good enough to beat us... did it?

LOL. Not bad against a line who had one 6th round pick and one bum that was put in because of injury.

How'd you do the first game when we didn't have spares in there??? Oh yeah, I forgot 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

ok, you can have your stats and we will take the "W" . . . I love how you deflect everything. You should try out as a CB somewhere, because you are by far the best "backpeddlar" I have ever seen on ES.

thanks for enlighteninig us coach, maybe you ought to pass that info along to Parcells, your team could sure use it this year.

You are kidding right? Cornelius griffin is a top 5 DT in the league, and should be better this year as he has been each of the last 2 years. last year he got hurt. The year before that he had 6 sacks, 75 tackles and led NFL defensive lineman in tackles for a loss.

P-daniels was a LE playing RE, was hurt, and still got 8 sacks and a bunch of tackles for a loss. Renaldo wynn and Joe salavae are about as stout against the run as any D-linemen in the league. Andre Carter hopefully is over the injury (which he could have been last year, if he wasn't made to play stand up LB). I trust Greg williams and I still remember how dominant he was his rookie year. Not to mention how playing next to Griff suddenly makes edge rushing much easier. Daniels will be back at LE and if he gets hurt, or Carter, then our back up is Renaldo Wynn, not UDFA scrubs who play their ass off. I don't think you understand the quality of talent we had playing in the D-Trenches last year. We had Demetric evans playing tackle. He is so far from a tackle its not even funny. Now we have fresh young talent and solid veterans, 3 out of 4 starters are just entering the prime, or are in the middle of it. Daniels is on the wrong side of 30, but like I said - LE is the one place we have depth at.

edit: Not to mention WeOwnU you always bring this up like we didn't have MASSIVE injuries on the D-line last year and still were able to rack up as many D-Line sacks as the Cowgirls, so I would appreciate if you are going to bring it up again, to do more to support your point than strict repetition.

"Human Statue" Bledsoe actually makes us better in that category, but i thought he was on your team? :silly:

The last two years:

Points Allowed

Washington -- 558

Philadelphia -- 648

New York G -- 661

Dallas -- 713

Sacks

New York G -- 81

Philadelphia -- 76

Washington -- 75

Dallas -- 70

Funny how you go 2 years back because it suits your argument.

Last year.......

Washington Sacks 35

Dallas sacks 37

And thats TOTAL sacks. Which brings your number way up. If we were to use DL's only, it would be worse. The only consistant way you got sacks was to blitz. That as my contention from the start of this thread till now. You have shown nothing to disprove it. :silly:

Wow what a complete lie,

tell you what you provide me one quote where I said either

just one, either player , even half of each statement. show one time I said either was the greatest of All Time,

Seriously backup your bull****, one time I DARE YOU!

good luck, because I know the truth.

all I've ever said about them was Keyshawn had better hands than TO, but TO was more athletic and faster, and Larry Allen was YOUR best OL last season...... so find where I stated anything you claimed..... go on

and please show where I said Glover was the greasest or even the best DL on the Pokes......

but you deny his contributions and talent last season?

You just did it yourself. Look at your post. Our best lineman you said was Allen, and you said we didn't gain much by getting TO cause we let go of Key. And Key is faster than TO?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You don't know anything about Key if you think he's faster than TO. Key isn't faster than most high school players. You really do show your colors when you post Bubba. :laugh:

And just a few posts ago, you said losing Glover was really going to hurt us?

So now your going to hold me down to being "literal". You know what you were implying in those posts. Don't play coy. You give more credit to Ex-cowboys than to any of them on the current roster. Thats blatent homerism, and you know it.

TSK TSK. weakest in the division? please. look at the second half of the season last year when the D line was healthy. sacks, run stopping, hell i cant even count all th batted passes.

Now this is funny.............you guys blast me for saying "when we were healthy" in the first half of the season".............you did squat against us. zero sacks, zero pressures. But now you want me to look at the second half of your season? How is that fair??????

Ok, I'll bite. You want me to look at game 9, 10, or 11 where you lost them all? Or do you want to start in week 12? I guess you should have said, the last quarter of the season. Cause until then you were 5-6

Let me know where you want me to start.

Funny how you go 2 years back because it suits your argument.

Last year.......

Washington Sacks 35

Dallas sacks 37

And thats TOTAL sacks. Which brings your number way up. If we were to use DL's only, it would be worse. The only consistant way you got sacks was to blitz. That as my contention from the start of this thread till now. You have shown nothing to disprove it. :silly:

Oh, so as a result, our pass defense was awful? Or average? Or barely above average? Not. Check the stats and please try again.

You just did it yourself. Look at your post. Our best linebacker you said was Allen, and you said we didn't gain much by getting TO cause we let go of Key. And Key is faster than TO?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You don't know anything about Key if you think he's faster than TO. Key isn't faster than most high school players. You really do show your colors when you post Bubba. :laugh:
Uh, are you feeling all right? Allen is an OL, not a linebacker. And Bubba said TO is faster and more athletic than Meshawn - in your own quoted text no less.

Now this is funny.............you guys blast me for saying "when we were healthy" in the first half of the season".............you did squat against us. zero sacks, zero pressures. But now you want me to look at the second half of your season? How is that fair??????

Ok, I'll bite. You want me to look at game 9, 10, or 11 where you lost them all? Or do you want to start in week 12? I guess you should have said, the last quarter of the season. Cause until then you were 5-6

Let me know where you want me to start.

where i really want you to start is by debating me when i respond to your post. i am but one person not "you guys". ;)

my point was that down the stretch our D, all facets, played well. we won the last five games because of the D. well the D and some offense against you guys. in week two we scored on two bombs and the D did the rest. remember?

First of all, Carter will change that, secondly, in the first Dallas game we rushed our lineman straight forward to predict rushing lanes, and they got little pressure on the QB. By the second game we switched to more complicated pass rush schemes, and the results are obvious.

You just did it yourself. Look at your post. Our best linebacker you said was Allen, and you said we didn't gain much by getting TO cause we let go of Key. And Key is faster than TO?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHA. You don't know anything about Key if you think he's faster than TO. Key isn't faster than most high school players. You really do show your colors when you post Bubba. :laugh:

And just a few posts ago, you said losing Glover was really going to hurt us?

So now your going to hold me down to being "literal". You know what you were implying in those posts. Don't play coy. You give more credit to Ex-cowboys than to any of them on the current roster. Thats blatent homerism, and you know it.

:laugh: just as I thought backpeddling, and making a huge assumption from nothing.

See here is your problem, you're full of ****. :laugh:

Allen was your best OL on a bad OL is hardly the greatest of all time, and saying Keyshawn had better hands than TO, (yet you ignore where I pointed out TO was the better athlete, and faster than Meshawn... just an oversight huh)??? is saying How will the Cowboys go on with out him?

And pointing out the obvious that losing a solid vetran DL with no real upgrade is a loss in anyones books, suddenly becomes the greatest DL...

Do you really think that people reading that tripe, actually take you seriously? That is not even good spin... not even you believe what you just wrote :laugh:

you got caught red handing in a lie, and as usual you you feebly try to turn **** into shinola, instead of admitting you were wrong.

you are quickly replacing Westbrook36 as the board jester

Archived