Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SF: NFC Divisional Breakdown

bubba9497

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0618.html

click link for full article

NFC Divisional Breakdown - By Nick Signorelli

According to most of the e-mails I received, I am insane for saying that the AFC North was going to be the best division in the NFL. The consensus of readers seem to be picking the NFC East in this category, so we’ll start there.

NFC East

Redskins [11-5]

Giants [10-6]

Cowboys [7-9]

Eagles [5-11]

Washington Redskins - The most improved unit of the team is the coaching staff. Football games are won and lost in the trenches. Between offensive coordinator Al Saunders and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, these are going to be areas where the Redskins will shine. The lines of the Redskins are considerably better than anyone else in the division. With the addition of Andre Carter, the defensive line has improved. Any unit that is led by Williams is going to be a contender. The only real question mark is can QB Mark Brunell stay healthy. If not, Jason Campbell is going to have to play like Ben Roethlisberger did in his rookie year for the ‘Skins to make the playoffs.

New York Giants - Most people have already crowned the G-Men as the division champs. I don't think so. Yes, they did sign LaVar Arrington. That makes the defense the strong unit on the team, but I still need a lot of proof that Eli Manning is going to be able to win the big game. I don't think he can, and he will prove that again this year. I see the Giants making the playoffs, as a wild card team, but making it no farther than the first round.

Dallas Cowboys - I will give TO until week 5 before the INTERNAL problems start, beginning with him not getting enough balls thrown his way from the human statue named Drew Bledsoe. Then, it’ll be another two weeks before those stories start leaking out into the public. TO is a cancer that will harm this team more than he helps it. I will say Dallas’ defense is much improved, but the fact is, this is Bill Parcells’ last year in Dallas, and he is going to go out with a thump.

Philadelphia Eagles - Can anyone tell me how this team improved in anyway, shape or form this off season? I don't question Donovan McNabb’s ability, but without a true No.1 WR, and a running back that has shown he is as fragile as fine china? Anyone that thinks Philly has a chance of even going 8-8 has no clue about football.

The writer of that piece is insane. How can he say football games are won and lost in the trenches......"and thats where the redskins will shine". Is he high? You've got a pretty good O-line, but your D-line is nothing to brag about. Without bringing a blitz, you can't create any pressure whatsoever.

If he wants to pick the skins to win the division fine, but find something to write about them that actually tells the truth.

Saying that "anyone that thinks Philly has a chance of even going 8-8 has no clue about football" is ridiculous. It might be that Philly is the weakest team in the division (and I think they are), but they are playing with practically the same team that went to back-to-back NFC title games before they had TO.

I think that Reggie Brown, who, by the way, torched the Redskins in both games last year, has more than a legitimate chance at being considered a legitimate #1 WR threat by the end of next season. Throw in a healthy McNabb and Westbrook, and I think you've got a team that will win 7-9 games next year, and I can't fault anybody for thinking they would do better than that.

The writer of that piece is insane. How can he say football games are won and lost in the trenches......"and thats where the redskins will shine". Is he high? You've got a pretty good O-line, but your D-line is nothing to brag about. Without bringing a blitz, you can't create any pressure whatsoever.

If he wants to pick the skins to win the division fine, but find something to write about them that actually tells the truth.

right on cue :laugh:

you are cazy the Skins have a top 3 OL, one of the best DT tandem in the league add Carter with Daniels make a very good DL

How soon they forget :laugh: :

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051218_DAL@WAS

DEFENSE

T-A SCK INT FF

P. Daniels 5-0 4.0 0 0

L. Marshall 5-4 0.0 0 0

R. Clark 3-3 0.0 0 0

P. Prioleau 3-1 0.0 0 0

S. Taylor 3-0 0.0 0 0

C. Griffin 2-1 0.0 1 0

W. Harris 2-0 0.0 0 0

W. Holdman 2-2 0.0 0 0

M. Sellers 2-0 0.0 0 0

O. Stoutmire 2-2 0.0 0 0

M. Washington 2-2 2.0 1 1

R. Wynn 2-2 0.5 0 0

E. Albright 1-0 0.0 0 0

K. Campbell 1-1 0.0 0 0

N. Clemons 1-0 0.0 0 0

D. Evans 1-0 0.0 0 0

J. Hall 1-0 0.0 0 0

R. McCune 1-1 0.0 0 0

S. Springs 1-2 0.0 0 0

C. Killings 0-1 0.0 0 0

J. Salave'a 0-2 0.5 0 0

D. Patterson 0-0 0 1 0

Spacing got goofed up, but 7 sacks, 5 by DL. Add to that mix Andre Carter ... well, I think you get the idea.

right on cue :laugh:

you are cazy the Skins have a top 3 OL, one of the best DT tandem in the league add Carter with Daniels make a very good DL

I acknowledged you had a O line.

I took exception to the guy stating you had a good D-line.

It is by far the weakest in the division and you know it.

How soon they forget :laugh: :

Spacing got goofed up, but 7 sacks, 5 by DL. Add to that mix Andre Carter ... well, I think you get the idea.

LOL. Not bad against a line who had one 6th round pick and one bum that was put in because of injury.

How'd you do the first game when we didn't have spares in there??? Oh yeah, I forgot 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

But I'm sure Carter will change all that. :laugh:

You want that to be true so badly that is really makes you sound pathetic. Let's take a look at the numbers the last two years.

1 -- The Skins have allowed the 3rd lowest yards per carry IN THE ENTIRE NFL behind only Pittsburgh and San Diego.

2 -- The Skins have allowed the 4th fewest total yards rushing against IN THE ENTIRE NFL behind only Pittsburgh, San Diego and Denver

3 -- The Skins lead THE ENTIRE NFL by a wide margin in First Downs against rushing.

4 -- The Skins are 7th IN THE ENTIRE NFL in TDs allowed on the ground.

Now lets see how the rest of the division has fared in those categories:

YPC -- Philly (14th), NYG (19th), Dallas (20th)

Total Yards Rushing -- Philly (17th), NYG (21st), Dallas (11th)

First Downs -- Philly (16th), NYG (18th), Dallas (8th)

TDs -- Philly (20th), NYG (12th), Dallas (16th)

I'm sure you've got some serious spin on how Dallas' LBs were being used improperly the last couple of years but a new tweak will show that Cowboy D-line is all world now and that Laroi Glover was the problem. On the flip side the Skins have done it with mirrors and Lavar Arrington, even though he played less than half the games the last two years, was the key to our front four's success. :doh:

exactly who is better?

the Pokes? :laugh: too young, and glovers gone, ranked below the Skins last season

The Giants? great DE's (plus Strahan's getting old) , but poor DT's

The Eagles, too much turnover.

The Skins also have the best depth at DE, with Evans, Wynn, Clemons

quit being a homer, :silly:

LOL. Not bad against a line who had one 6th round pick and one bum that was put in because of injury.

How'd you do the first game when we didn't have spares in there??? Oh yeah, I forgot 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

If memory serves the 1st game you were up 13-0 with under 5 minutes to go and were ready to give the Trio a night to remember...How did that work out for ya!

You want that to be true so badly that is really makes you sound pathetic. Let's take a look at the numbers the last two years.

1 -- The Skins have allowed the 3rd lowest yards per carry IN THE ENTIRE NFL behind only Pittsburgh and San Diego.

2 -- The Skins have allowed the 4th fewest total yards rushing against IN THE ENTIRE NFL behind only Pittsburgh, San Diego and Denver

3 -- The Skins lead THE ENTIRE NFL by a wide margin in First Downs against rushing.

game, set, match! :applause:

I'm sure you've got some serious spin on how Dallas' LBs were being used improperly the last couple of years but a new tweak will show that Cowboy D-line is all world now and that Laroi Glover was the problem. On the flip side the Skins have done it with mirrors and Lavar Arrington, even though he played less than half the games the last two years, was the key to our front four's success. :doh:

Nice stats. I noticed they are all against the run.

I got 3 words for you...............NO PASS RUSH !!!!!

The most important thing on defense is pass rush. Good consistant pressure. Makes everyone on the field better. Ask Peyton manning.

damn he broke that whole thing down for you

well since we only rushed 2 dl for most of the game, stayig back to offset the pokes goig to the quick pass to combat the Skins blitzes... and you only avg. 3.1 ypc, I say pretty damn good job, but of course you knew this before you posted.... but when you're grasping at straws..... a little creative spin helps :laugh:

the Pokes? :laugh: too young, and glovers gone, ranked below the Skins last season

Bubba, you are something else. I love how you love Ex-cowboys.

Keyshawn..........the greatest of all time..........once he left. His leaving the cowboys will kill us

Larry Allen.........the greatest guard of all time.....How in the world will the cowboys make it without him

And now Laroi Glover?????????

But all these guys you blasted when they were on the team. And when they leave, you imply that they were great? Man, I love reading your posts.

Archived