Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SF: NFC Divisional Breakdown

bubba9497

Nice stats. I noticed they are all against the run.

I got 3 words for you...............NO PASS RUSH !!!!!

The most important thing on defense is pass rush. Good consistant pressure. Makes everyone on the field better. Ask Peyton manning.

Sorry, but that would be wrong. Every coach worth his salt and every interview I've ever seen, coaches talk about how important it is to stop the run. Stopping the run= most important part of any defense.

Actually IMO the best defense is one that can stop both the run and the pass. it doesn't matter who gets sacks, as long as we get them. Not allowing points and winning games is the most important thing here.

I don't like to go back to last year or 2 years ago for that matter. You can go back so far until your ears bleed, but the fact is, every team changes every year. I've learned this important lesson, just from doing fantasy football for 16 yrs.

Just because we put up 37 sacks last year doesn't mean we'll put up 47 or 27.

One thing that has bothered me is the lack of respect for our pickup of Andre Carter. Carter was playing DE when he came into the league and has had some injuries and has played OLB for the last couple of years. While I hope he matches his career high of 12 sacks, I think if we get 8-12 sacks and a lot of pressure and double teaming, it will help the defense.

Lets not kid ourselves here into thinking he's the next coming of Reggie White, but I do believe he was a very solid pickup who is anxious to put his "hand back on the ground" to quote him. I hope people take him lightly. With Daniels on the other side, I believe we have improved.

Nick Signorelli? So it seems as though most of you guys believe the media has it right this time? I'm starting to observe a very interesting and disturbing pattern on this site. I'm almost done with my study. I'll fill you guys on what it is very soon. This is interesting. :(

Funny how you go 2 years back because it suits your argument.

Last year.......

Washington Sacks 35

Dallas sacks 37

And thats TOTAL sacks. Which brings your number way up. If we were to use DL's only, it would be worse. The only consistant way you got sacks was to blitz. That as my contention from the start of this thread till now. You have shown nothing to disprove it. :silly:

No, I went back two years because that is how many years this D-line has been together.

And again you show sacks but you fail to note the important stats. Even if you include just last year we had the best defense total defense in the division and the best scoring defense in the division. Considering you claim we have the worst D-line in the division, the worst LBs and a woeful secondary that is something next to a miracle.

Nice stats. I noticed they are all against the run.

I got 3 words for you...............NO PASS RUSH !!!!!

The most important thing on defense is pass rush. Good consistant pressure. Makes everyone on the field better. Ask Peyton manning.

Not true. You often hear that a good running game or a good defense is needed to go deep into the playoffs. I did a lot of statistics and for my final project I looked at the statistical significance of every individual stat (total offense, passing offense, points scored, points conceded, ...) cross referenced with wins and how far a team went in the playoffs.

The ONLY stat other than turnovers that had any relevance to a team's success was run defense. Basically, it is run defense that wins championships. If you don't believe me just look at the last few Super Bowl Champions and how they ranked in this statistic:

2005: Pittsburgh - 3rd overall allowing 85.5 yds/game

2004: New England - 6th overall allowing 98.3 yds/game

2003: New England - 4th overall allowing 89.7 yds/game

2002: Tampa Bay - 5th overall allowing 97.1 yds/game

2000: Baltimore - 1st overall allowing 60.6 yds/game

When talking about success in the NFL, the only thing that undeniably is shown to correlate to winning is rush defense. That is why our line is so good!

Nick Signorelli? So it seems as though most of you guys believe the media has it right this time? I'm starting to observe a very interesting and disturbing pattern on this site. I'm almost done with my study. I'll fill you guys on what it is very soon. This is interesting. :(

No, the media doesn't have it right. This particular article does. :D

wonder what that will be :rolleyes:

It's no different than Poke fans... seriously this "only Redskin fans are homer stuff" is really getting old.

Redskin fans think they are going to win the division, but guess what

Giant fans think they are going to repeat as champs, Eagle fans think they are going to rebound and be as good as two years ago and win the division...

and Cowboy fans think they are going to win the Super Bowl.... and that their crap don't stink. :laugh:

Mr. WeOwnedYou: So what if the D-line's job in Williams' defense if to occupy blockers so the LB's and DB's can fly around? He seems to know what he is doing, and you can't say Carter isn't an improvement at DE, even if he isn't great.

The point is that they do their job within the system, and at least someone that is not a Skins fan is now recognizing that.

As the saying goes the only stat that really matters is the final score. Ask the Bucs about that after we played ugly as crap, but still beat them in the playoffs. How'd the Cowboys do in the playoffs again??? Oh yeah....they choked in the last part of the season and didn't make it....

Funny how you go 2 years back because it suits your argument.

Last year.......

Washington Sacks 35

Dallas sacks 37

And thats TOTAL sacks. Which brings your number way up. If we were to use DL's only, it would be worse. The only consistant way you got sacks was to blitz. That as my contention from the start of this thread till now. You have shown nothing to disprove it. :silly:

the same way as us sweeping your boys last year didn';t mean anything because of the "14 out of 15" stretch that is the only thing you have to hold over us now . . . is that what you mean? Just want to make sure Iam understanding you correctly.

The writer of that piece is insane. How can he say football games are won and lost in the trenches......"and thats where the redskins will shine". Is he high? You've got a pretty good O-line, but your D-line is nothing to brag about. Without bringing a blitz, you can't create any pressure whatsoever.

If he wants to pick the skins to win the division fine, but find something to write about them that actually tells the truth.

2 points:

1) We have something called "defensive schemes", who cares how you pressure a QB all that matters is it get's done.

2) Said D-line might not blitz, but please tell me how many yard's that stud of a running back Julius Jones had against them?:laugh: :laugh:

The Giants do not have poor DT's. They are average and when you put that next to Strahan (who is getting old but still playing at the top of his game) and Osi, you get a more than formidable DLine. Add to that Tuck, Kiwi, and Cofield, all of whom will see time at DT, the Giants' DLine is going to be very good. So :silly:.

']The Giants do not have poor DT's. They are average and when you put that next to Strahan (who is getting old but still playing at the top of his game) and Osi' date=' you get a more than formidable DLine. Add to that Tuck, Kiwi, and Cofield, all of whom will see time at DT, the Giants' DLine is going to be very good. So :silly:.[/quote']

OMG, a giant fan defending the GIANTS???!!!

but but, only Homerish Skins fans do that? :doh:

(not picking on you Tom :) )

bubba,

Of course I'm going to defend the Giants. Especially when you base your thoughts of their DT's being horrible on last year. We all defend our teams. And you don't have to be convinced that Eli won't be able to improve and become the QB everyone thinks he can. He is convinced of it and that is all that matters. :silly: And I am picking on you!!

']bubba' date='

Of course I'm going to defend the Giants. Especially when you base your thoughts of their DT's being horrible on last year. We all defend our teams. And you don't have to be convinced that Eli won't be able to improve and become the QB everyone thinks he can. He is convinced of it and that is all that matters. :silly: And I am picking on you!![/quote']

Tom, you had to go there :nono:

Eli doesn't concern me in the least.

Your defense will be your Achilles heel. Osi won't be playing for a contract, Strahan is getting older... sorry but calling your DT avg. is being kind.. and I don't think you really upgraded your DB as much as many think. Demp may rebound and be a great pick up but the rest I have time thinking they will make a huge difference.

The second half when they didn't play 5 of 7 at home... they were nearly as dominant. Tiki will be 31... and rushing for 1800 back to back is difficult even for a younger back. A big part of the Giant sucess was turnovers.... again something I don't see repeating again. I still think they are second best in the division.

I'll be sitting right here, waiting with bated breath. Maybe.

Yeah, but who here really gives a ****? I know don't. Nice of you to spend enough time here obsessing over what we say that you can actually produce a study, though.

Archived