Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com:Early On, Simon Draws From Confidence

DWinzit

All those comparisons to similar sized linebackers miss one thing: those guys were tough. Really tough. Simon has suffered some serious injuries -- can he be as tough as those guys? If he can, he's got a chance. If not, well, it still wasn't a wasted pick.

He can back from two knee injuries and a broken ankle, to play his senior season and put up some great numbers on a very good college defense (#9 in Div. 1A)

Gotta agree with Bubba....Vol alum here so I may be biased, but, K-Si was the heart and soul of a hell'va D that carried the team. Wish we would've taken J.Mahelona over Mongemery on DL. Very disappointing season by UT standards, but Kevin is a gamer and has an uncanny nose ofr the ball, and by all accounts is a CLASS ACT. I'm hoping he the is next coming of neil oklewicz. Best of Luck Kevin, and the whole Simon family (DAD1A) who have brought a lot of substance to the UT boards/family over the years. Health permitting, Simon is a STUD!!! Go Kevin, (as Nas said) the world is yours!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason Simon fell in the draft was due to his injury history. I think I read the guy has missed close to three years worth of games due to injury. No one doubts what type of player he was in college. He just wasn't on the field enough.

He did not miss that many games, but he did miss significant time. I have followed Simon for a while now, and the question has never been his talent, it has been injuries. In my opinion, he easily has first-round talent. I don't really care about how tall he is, I care that he is a hell of a football player. I am shocked that he lasted until the seventh round, and if he could stay healthy he will be a major steal for the Skins.

He did not miss that many games, but he did miss significant time. I have followed Simon for a while now, and the question has never been his talent, it has been injuries. In my opinion, he easily has first-round talent. I don't really care about how tall he is, I care that he is a hell of a football player. I am shocked that he lasted until the seventh round, and if he could stay healthy he will be a major steal for the Skins.

I agree, he's a nice talent. 1st rd? D'Qwell went top of the 2nd and I think he's better and also undersized. If not for the health concerns I think Simon would of gone 2nd or 3rd.

What the Skins are doing at linebacker and defensive tackle is similar to what Dallas did in the early 90s in flooding positions with interesting athletic talents and seeing who really steps up in the competition. What this article demonstrates is Simon is taking a talkative, leadership role in a way that stands out when compared to some of the other players at the position to this point. That's just a bit of interesting information.

The team has a number of intriguing prospects defensively who have a real chance to be impressive players because JUST to make the team will be highly competitive. This also likely means some players who are pretty good will be let go. That's ok. Find ONE or two guys who can play in the batch and you maintain your building blocks for the future in a very nice way.

Archived