Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Humor for the Day: (NFL Hard Hits added)

mistymjohnson

My favs . . . the bull trying to mount the cow and falling on his arse. :laugh:

And, the one where the infant is pumping the babydoll. :laugh:

But, I do agree with the above poster. The one with the bike race was hilarious!

The soccer vids were fun.

I've never quite got the red and yellow card thing though. I mean how threatining is that? "Oooh, he showed me the yellow card, Oooooh!"

They look silly but they communicate specific things pretty well I think. I think they both carry suspensions in world cup play, though I'm not sure how that works.

The soccer vids were fun.

I've never quite got the red and yellow card thing though. I mean how threatining is that? "Oooh, he showed me the yellow card, Oooooh!"

The yellow card is a warning. The red is an ejection. Two yellow cards equal a red. In international play a yellow card follows you through an entire tournament, so a second yellow earns you an ejection and a one (additional) game suspension. So, once a player has been issued a yellow card, the other team will often intentionally go at him trying to get him into a position to something stupid and earn the second yellow card, getting himself ejected. When a player is removed from the pitch in a soccer match his team must play a man down (11 v 10) for the rest of the match. That's a HUGE disadvantage, especially in international level matches.

misty,

I just noticed your signature for the first time. Very interesting quote. It reminds me of a couple comments I was taught when I started the medieval fighting I do.

#1. "Pain is a good thing. It reminds you that you're not actually dead yet. It's when you're NOT hurting that you always have to wonder if you're dead or alive." - Dux Lucan von Drachenklaue (after clubbing me like a baby harp seal)

#2. "The difference between a beginner fighter and an experienced fighter is a matter of emotion. It's the difference between 'OWW!! :cry: good :( .' and 'OWW!! :) GOOD!!! :)'"

misty,

I just noticed your signature for the first time. Very interesting quote. It reminds me of a couple comments I was taught when I started the medieval fighting I do.

#1. "Pain is a good thing. It reminds you that you're not actually dead yet. It's when you're NOT hurting that you always have to wonder if you're dead or alive." - Dux Lucan von Drachenklaue (after clubbing me like a baby harp seal)

#2. "The difference between a beginner fighter and an experienced fighter is a matter of emotion. It's the difference between 'OWW!! :cry: good :( .' and 'OWW!! :) GOOD!!! :)'"

Actually, her sig scares me. :laugh:

Archived