Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football All Year

#47CCfan

Is there a reason that football cannot be all year round? I miss football so much during the off season -- if you want to say that I am in football withdraw. Europe Football, arena football, etc. just doesn't do it.

I can't wait until August!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind having 2 weeks between games to spread the season over 8 months rather then 4, with still the same amount of games to be played.

Would also help teams recover from injuries and not necessarily have to miss the whole season.

i don't know if i could deal with waiting two weeks for every game. one week is sometimes too long.

Well football is great cus of many reasons.. And I hate offseason as much as the next guy, but I think that is one the things that make the game better. Look at NHL and MLB... It seems like 1 months after the season ends.. the next season starts... I don't like the dead time, but it makes you really want more.

I wouldn't mind having 2 weeks between games to spread the season over 8 months rather then 4, with still the same amount of games to be played.

Would also help teams recover from injuries and not necessarily have to miss the whole season.

yeah, but what about vacations for them to spend time with their families? and theres no substitute for 8 months OFF to heal the body. many injuries take a year to heal. so whether the season is 4 months or 8, they'd still miss the whole thing.

I think they should just start televising NFL europe and really hype it up to get fans into it.

I think they should just start televising NFL europe and really hype it up to get fans into it.

Or have college start their season in February and play through spring, hoold the draft in June. - It'll never happen, but I bet more people would watch college.

yeah, but what about vacations for them to spend time with their families? and theres no substitute for 8 months OFF to heal the body. many injuries take a year to heal. so whether the season is 4 months or 8, they'd still miss the whole thing.

NFL Europe is televised on NFL Network. NFL just uses this as a training ground. Like a Minor league for players, train and test officials, and even get some players to get experience of coaching

Oh, I expect we'll see something like that before long. Not everybody on and off at once, but 2 or 3 more bye weeks so that there's always football even if the home team is resting this week. Startup the last week in August, finish just before March Madness, leech every last possible dollar from the advertising.

If you want Football year around You need to support EVERY kind of Football. CFL,NFL Europe,& Arena We had Football in Spring,The USFL, But noone wanted anything else but the NFL so The USFL ,WFL & XFL went belly up.Next time a new league sprouts up,Support it

NFL Europe is televised on NFL Network. NFL just uses this as a training ground. Like a Minor league for players, train and test officials, and even get some players to get experience of coaching

problem is, cable doesnt have NFL network and I dont have satellite. The way i see it, NFL europe players are BETTER than college players, so i imagine the games would be better (to an impartial fan. Nothing beats watching your college team play). The NFL should just really hype these games, talk about them in the news, etc. people would show interest and the NFL could make tons of money

I agree what you said, but you have all more lucky than me, cause in Italy we can see only two NFL games for week, and no NCAA games in tv box, you can guess how I'm mad, here there is only soccer in TV and in the people's mind... Italy suck!!!!

yea that is true that humans get tired and all, but baseball and basketball have wayyyy longer seasons, and I know that football is more of a physical sport, but, baseball and basketball players can have 2 games a week, and football players have one every week, and the football season is over the quickest. In a way, it seems like since basketball and baseball players can play as much as twice a week, their seasons should be the shortest lol, oh well.

problem is, cable doesnt have NFL network and I dont have satellite. The way i see it, NFL europe players are BETTER than college players, so i imagine the games would be better (to an impartial fan. Nothing beats watching your college team play). The NFL should just really hype these games, talk about them in the news, etc. people would show interest and the NFL could make tons of money

Better players doesn't make it better to watch. In my opinion College basketball is better to watch than NBA, and Women Tennis is better to watch then Men's.

I don't know... 2 weeks in between each game, remove the bye week (cause it would be a bye month). I think injuries would go down because there would be a lot more time to heal those "nagging" injuries that evolve into bad ones. And if a player needs a surgery that will take 10 weeks to heal, instead of missing the "remainder of the season" they are only out 5 games.

Would be cool if NFC played one week, and then AFC played the next (so fans would never be without football EVERY weekend). They could do some sort of "inter-league play" like baseball, have 4 games in the middle of the season when the schedule gets mixed up and AFC and NFC teams can play each other.

I really don't mind this at all. And so what if the players only have 4 months off, They do what they love, they get paid through the nose to do it, AND even at 4 months off it would still be better than the 3 months a school teacher gets (much less the rest of us working schmucks who get 2-3 weeks).

Ilike that idea but it would also make the opp more hard to predict i mean look at the by week

Archived