Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football All Year

#47CCfan

We have a new team here. I have yet to go to a game. It's the NIFL. Competeing with Arena football, but it is sponsered by the NFL

I love the Arena Football League, they go out of thier way to give the fans a complete experience. I have season tickets to the Los Angeles Avengers (Yes I know they sucked this year) and as soon as the Redskins season is over my wife and I look forward to the Arena League.

That gives us our Football fix into June, then its almost time for training camp! Works for us.

name ONE thing that happens in the offseason of any signifigance!

Draft,

the mini camps which get the rookies used to NFL,

free agency

owners meetings (where u may think it is all BS... this is where the NFL looks at NFL and trys to change the rules to improve the game, where as Baseall hasn't changed in 100 years and it shows (oh yea we have interleague play and the winning of the all-star games hosts the World Series :doh: ) In my mind this is one thing that makes NFL so great, able to change to make the game better)

Draft,

free agency

owners meetings (where u may think it is all BS... this is where the NFL looks at NFL and trys to change the rules to improve the game, where as Baseall hasn't changed in 100 years and it shows (oh yea we have interleague play and the winning of the all-star games hosts the World Series :doh: ) In my mind this is one thing that makes NFL so great, able to change to make the game better)

Hey. That's more than one thing. ;)

There are tons of reason why football, or anyother team sport cant be played all year round. if the season was the whole year, players would get exhausted, there would be no time for owner's meetings, the draft, free agency, or anything else that goes on the in offseason. Plus, when would players get to go on vacations with their families or see them at all. I miss football too, but without the offseason, this league would be nothing.

Draft,

free agency

thank you for answering for me :applause:

Oh, I expect we'll see something like that before long. Not everybody on and off at once, but 2 or 3 more bye weeks so that there's always football even if the home team is resting this week. Startup the last week in August, finish just before March Madness, leech every last possible dollar from the advertising.

Well they have tried the 2 bye week idea before and it didn't last. I doubt there is much support to bring it back anytime soon.

Archived