Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ridiculous Amendments to Senate Immigration Bill

Fergasun

Ted Kennedy just offered up an amendment allowing guest workers to self-petition for a green card... it ****ing passed 56-43.

This was just after they killed an amendment that would limit illegal immigrants from collecting on social security when they were in the country illegally... that bill was killed 50-49.

In other words:

1) Illegal Immigrants turned Guest Workers won't need to be employer to sponser them for a green card. Currently immigrants cannot self-petition for a green card.

2) Illegal Immigrants can collect social security benefits they accumulated while being in the country illegally.

I imagine these have less than 10% chance of getting through the House... but WHAT ARE THESE GUYS THINKING!?!

Ted Kennedy just offered up an amendment allowing guest workers to self-petition for a green card... it ****ing passed 56-43.

This was just after they killed an amendment that would limit illegal immigrants from collecting on social security when they were in the country illegally... that bill was killed 50-49.

In other words:

1) Illegal Immigrants turned Guest Workers won't need to be employer to sponser them for a green card. Currently immigrants cannot self-petition for a green card.

2) Illegal Immigrants can collect social security benefits they accumulated while being in the country illegally.

I imagine these have less than 10% chance of getting through the House... but WHAT ARE THESE GUYS THINKING!?!

Well, I'd bet that what Teddy's thinking is "Well, if I can get enough (doodoo) to stick, then this thing won't pass, and the D's will be able to run against an unpopular President who can't accomplish anything (except tax cuts for the rich)."

Update on other amendments today:

Sen Inhofe has one that makes English our official language (with exceptions for ballots, court and some other stuff).

Sen. Vitter is offering an amendment that requires more reliable documentation before illegal aliens establish a path to citizenship.

I have a feeling the whole "I lived here for 2 years..." thing is going to be easily bypassed by forged and fraudulent documents.

I don't see this bill getting through at all... look for immigration to be a huge issue in 2008. I'm hoping to see a Frist-Tancredo ticket...

Update on other amendments today:

Sen Inhofe has one that makes English our official language (with exceptions for ballots, court and some other stuff).

Sen. Vitter is offering an amendment that requires more reliable documentation before illegal aliens establish a path to citizenship.

I have a feeling the whole "I lived here for 2 years..." thing is going to be easily bypassed by forged and fraudulent documents.

I don't see this bill getting through at all... look for immigration to be a huge issue in 2008. I'm hoping to see a Frist-Tancredo ticket...

Pretty please, I hope you are right. Frist can run on the huge federal Government/anti-immigrant/anti-stem cell research platform and he and the Republicans will get their asses handed to them big time. I can't wait.

Don't you guys realize what this means?

Illegal immigrants will be able to steal benefits from social security accounts of American citizens!

How will they differentiate between money put into the accounts by citizens, and money put into the accounts by illegals?

What I'm hoping is that the Republicans go tough on immigration in 2008, while the Democrats have a ticket of pro-Banana people.

I suspect that our "Representatives" have picked this election's "Gay Marriage" campaign issue.

(Y'know: Something more important than wars, the economy, the Constitution, taxes/spending/defecits, and trivial stuff like that.)

I suspect that our "Representatives" have picked this election's "Gay Marriage" campaign issue.

(Y'know: Something more important than wars, the economy, the Constitution, taxes/spending/defecits, and trivial stuff like that.)

Oh come on people aren't that stupid... Well ok a lot of them are, but gay marriage isn't going to win a Presidential election. It might raise a lot of money tough.

Now that I think more about this.

1) Provision for entering guest worker program, no felony crimes.

2) Stealing someone's social security number = felony.

That means any illegal trying to get benefits would be admitting to comitting a felony.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, lawmakers!

Illegal immigrants will be able to steal benefits from social security accounts of American citizens!

How will they differentiate between money put into the accounts by citizens, and money put into the accounts by illegals?

What I'm hoping is that the Republicans go tough on immigration in 2008, while the Democrats have a ticket of pro-Banana people.

Doesn't "accumulated while being in the country" imply that perhaps they've been paying into the system? Why wouldn't they have access to that if the law agrees to allow them legal status now?

Doesn't "accumulated while being in the country" imply that perhaps they've been paying into the system? Why wouldn't they have access to that if the law agrees to allow them legal status now?

Any illegal alien paying into social security now is committing fraud. They aren't allowed to have social security numbers. This means they have stolen a SSN from an American citizen.

So if you've got SSN 111-11-1111 and an illegal alien steals it... he is depositing money into 111-11-1111 account. When the illegal alien is eligible for social security, he'll be able to withdraw from account 111-11-1111. There is no way to track who made the social security deposits... so he could potentially take money that you deposited for himself.

Well, if, say, the IRS has records that PCS has been getting paid (and paying taxes) by three employers simultaneously, in three different states, and when he files his taxes he only claims one income and sends one W-2 in, (and the other two W-2's list different addresses and different names), then it's a pretty safe bet that some illegal is using PCS's SSN, and is paying taxes (under a fake SSN). (And not getting any tax refunds.)

Kent: With our utter annihilation imminent, our federal government has snapped into action. We go live now via satellite to the floor of the United States congress.

Speaker: Then it is unanimous, we are going to approve the bill to evacuate the town of Springfield in the great state of --

Congressman: Wait a minute, I want to tack on a rider to that bill: $30 million of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts.

Speaker: All in favor of the amended Springfield-slash-pervert bill?

[everyone boos]

Speaker: Bill defeated. [bangs gavel]

Kent: I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply doesn't work.

If they become taxpaying employed residents, then they are not stealing. They are contributing just like everyone else.

Seems to me like Inhofe's English Only bill is the stupidest amendment listed here. At least Kennedy's stuff is integrated to the subject of the immigration bill.

Hey, the President said to learn English!

This has been needed for a long time. If they're not catered to, they have a little more incentive to learn a little faster

That part passed...

Sort of...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/18/D8HMGLG81.html

Senate Sends Mixed Signals on English

May 18 8:00 PM US/Eastern

By DAVID ESPO

AP Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON

The Senate voted Thursday to make English the national language of the United States. Sort of.

Moments after the 63-34 vote, it decided to call the mother tongue a "common and unifying language."

"You can't have it both ways," warned Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., a fan of "national" but not "common and unifying." Two dozen senators disagreed and voted for both as the Senate lumbered toward an expected vote next week on a controversial immigration bill.

The debate occurred as President Bush traveled to Yuma, Ariz., to dramatize his commitment to curbing illegal immigration. At the same time, the White House sent Congress a formal request for $1.9 billion to cover the costs of steps he announced earlier in the week, including the deployment of up to 6,000 National Guard troops to states along the Mexican border.

Bush generally favors the outlines of the Senate measure, a bill that calls for great enforcement, a new guest worker program and an eventual opportunity at citizenship for most of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the country illegally.

Inhofe led the attempt to declare English the national language, a campaign he said began more than a century ago. The Oklahoma Republican quoted President Theodore Roosevelt as having said that among other things, those living in the United States "must also learn one language and that language is English."

previous threads:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151309

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101683

Archived