Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I played golf with Antwaan Randle El today

HittinSkinz

HittinSkinz doenst have to lie. He lives near me and we hung out before with Mike Sellars at the resorts bar!! When I posted the story of us hanging out with Mike Sellars same people (I think) responded that my story was a lie as well...

Story sounds cool. I also liked how the original poster didn't ask a lot of skins related questions which Randle El I'm sure appreciated. I'm sure the players like to get away from football, especially during the offseason and on a golf course at that.

I just wish I was out there so I could harrass him with mad skins questions myself!

GC

This story reminds me of the time a friend of mine, who is a casual sports fan at best, was invited to a local celebrity golf tourney by his boss. His boss decided to pair with his son, so my friend's partner was "a really nice black guy named Art" and "we spent the whole round talking about fishing". After the round his boss had to tell him who Art was.

I'm guessing most of them don't "pay thier mortgage" like you, or I do.

Like Randy Moss says.............."Straight Cash Homie"

:laugh:

That being said its probably true. Most guys with scratch like a Randle-El will pay through an accountant or holding company and never see the bill at his door.

As for the original post it seems genuine enough. I'm sure plenty of Redskins play golf at courses where people who aren't football players happen to be. You are lucky my friend, that is a cool thing to have happen to you.

For those people who find it incredulous, dont be so shocked. In the early 90's I was still paying my way through UMD by working at a local Giant shopping market (Potomac). I once had to help Patrick Ewing find the blistex at that local market. He made the shopping cart look like one of those kids toy shopping carts. I also bought a #1 big mac meal right before Sam Cassell at a McDonalds in B-more.

I don't understand why people always want to see an autograph or a picture, or *gasp* even a secretly planted videocamera movie..

:P

I'm pretty sure Randle El wouldn't have given out his # or wanted to see him again if he were that type of person...I mean who wants to hang out with someone always hounding them for stuff?

Redskins players are the type of guys youd enjoy just haning out with, talking to, playing a round of gold with. Thats one of the reasons Randle El fits here so well.

You should add that those are the kind of guys Gibbs puts on his teams.

Archived