Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how can the Redskins NOT win?

extremeskin

I still dont feel happy about our corners or safetys.

We knocked out the leagues best rusher in the playoffs and let their QB pick us apart.(atleast I thought)

I'm very happy that Walt Harris is gone but dont feel we did enough to pump up that aspect of the game.

Health?

every team delas with that,it's just a matter of your back-up's doing well to overcome that.And that inmho only comes from coaching.

we had the best divisional record last year and we only got better. i believe brunell has enough left. that would be the only question mark and if he gets injured, i think that the rest of the team is good enough to help campbell get us to the playoffs.:cheers:

The QB is a huge question mark there is no doubt about it. But this team practically carried Brunnell to the playoff last year so I dont think there would be any let down with Campbell if Brunnel gets injured. Im more concerned with Brunnell playing like he did at the end of last year or in 04 and a change not being made. The only other fear is injuries...

I still dont feel happy about our corners or safetys.

We knocked out the leagues best rusher in the playoffs and let their QB pick us apart.(atleast I thought)

I thought the (pass) defense did a decent job in that game, but they could only hold Hasselback and Friends for so long since the offense couldn't hold on to the ball. With the offense improved and able to hold the ball a little longer, the defense will be better able to do its job.

I'll tell you how you can't win. You have a lower score than the other team at the end of the game :)

That reminds me of this jackass that they had who would come on in the beginning of Monday Night Football and say stupid **** like that all the time! He would say stuff like "whichever team executes better and scores more points will win the game." Man that dude was hilarious!:laugh:

and how do you know the Skins wont be a dominant team? they could be, just like they could be just a bit better than anyone else or even be worse. how do YOU know? you dont, neither do i. .

Thinking the Skins will be dominant is just wishful thinking. Were they dominant last year? No. Have they improved? Yes, but so have their competition. The Eagles are clearly better -- just having a healthy McNabb makes them dangerous. The Giants seem to be better too -- and you can bet Lavar has already circled two dates on the calendar. And hate the Cowboys -- but don't underestimate them.

and using your same logic...eli could get hit by a bus, TO could retire and become a hari krishna. blah blah blah with the coulds. according to you Redskins could get hurt and the "real NFC issues" are philly COULD come back with a vengeance, eli COULD grow up, and the pukes COULD be good.

your whole post basically says nothing but the Skins could suck and the rest of the NFC could not.

well it could or could not rain this wednesday but since im planning on playing golf im gonna go ahead and hope and plan for it not to.

I'm not telling you not to dream of the Superbowl. Go ahead! But I hope the team realizes that only by outworking their opponents do they have a prayer of actually making it to the Superbowl. If you look at the roster, the Skins don't have a talent advantage over the NFC East. Parity has arrived. So the Skins will need to outwork, outcoach, and outfight their opponents to win the East.

Pretending that the Skins are dominant is a good way to end up at the bottom of the NFC East crying, "What happened???" We've played that game for years -- you can bet Joe Gibbs won't buy into your 'dominant' garbage.

Thinking the Skins will be dominant is just wishful thinking. Were they dominant last year? No. Have they improved? Yes, but so have their competition. The Eagles are clearly better -- just having a healthy McNabb makes them dangerous. The Giants seem to be better too -- and you can bet Lavar has already circled two dates on the calendar. And hate the Cowboys -- but don't underestimate them.

I'm not telling you not to dream of the Superbowl. Go ahead! But I hope the team realizes that only by outworking their opponents do they have a prayer of actually making it to the Superbowl. If you look at the roster, the Skins don't have a talent advantage over the NFC East. Parity has arrived. So the Skins will need to outwork, outcoach, and outfight their opponents to win the East.

Pretending that the Skins are dominant is a good way to end up at the bottom of the NFC East crying, "What happened???" We've played that game for years -- you can bet Joe Gibbs won't buy into your 'dominant' garbage.

my dominant garbage? go back and reread the post pal. i never said that the Skins would be dominant. while you DID state that the werent. I said there was no way to know, for either of us.

i have looked at the roster and we did and do have an advantage on defense. and probably will have on offense in the upcoming season.

i think you need to look at the rosters comparitively. or i may get lucky and someone with more patience will break it down for you.

my dominant garbage? go back and reread the post pal. i never said that the Skins would be dominant. while you DID state that the werent. I said there was no way to know, for either of us.

Even wishing that the Skins will be dominant is delusional. Dominant means "surpassing all others in power, influence, or position". Do you really believe it's possible for the Skins to dominate the NFC East this year? Let me clear this up for you: the Skins will NOT be dominant. No team will. You say there's no way to know? Let history be your guide: who dominated the NFL last year? The year before? There you go...

i have looked at the roster and we did and do have an advantage on defense. and probably will have on offense in the upcoming season.

i think you need to look at the rosters comparitively. or i may get lucky and someone with more patience will break it down for you.

That's some fine thinking, there. Didn't we try that in 2000? Just collect up every big name player, and you'll win it all on paper. Break down the rosters all you want -- if you've seen a few football games, you'll know by now that is not a good predictor of success.

i see what you are saying. however, our only divisional loss was that abberation in NY. i don't think our division has improved as much as we have. i would be surprised if we lose more than one divisional game this year. and that AFC curse has to end soon this year.[/Quote]

Don't fool yourself in to thinking the rest of the division hasn't improved as much as the Redskins. The Eagles improved just by getting healthier. They made a couple of additions and a very smart draft. The Cowboys whether you want to believe it or not are going to have a very good defense and an offense that could be hard to stop if TO's ego is kept in check. The Giants made improvements to the defensive side of the ball. They will have pass rushers coming from every angle and they already had the run stoppers to boot in Strahan, Ois U., Pierce, Emmons, and Wilson. This to go along with an offense that scored the third highest total in the league and is returning everyone plus the addition of Sinorice Moss to add speed.

The NFC East has improved up and down and it is debateable if one has improved more than the other. I would say it is extremely close all around.

Even wishing that the Skins will be dominant is delusional. Dominant means "surpassing all others in power, influence, or position". Do you really believe it's possible for the Skins to dominate the NFC East this year? Let me clear this up for you: the Skins will NOT be dominant. No team will. You say there's no way to know? Let history be your guide: who dominated the NFL last year? The year before? There you go...

That's some fine thinking, there. Didn't we try that in 2000? Just collect up every big name player, and you'll win it all on paper. Break down the rosters all you want -- if you've seen a few football games, you'll know by now that is not a good predictor of success.

this is exhausting. learn to read and comprehend. i never wished for anything. i simply stated that we couldnt possibly know what would happen.

yet why is even wishing for a repeat out of the question.....

who dominated the NFC east last year ????? the Washington Redskins did. or did you miss it? we lost one game, swept the pukes and the iggles and beat the gints down the stretch when all was on the line.

if you can sincerely say that what Gibbs and co. did this off season is comparable to 2000 you have proven your ignorance of this team. and i am dellusional?

i mentioned a roster breakdown because, huhhhhh, YOU brought it up. remember.....

"If you look at the roster, the Skins don't have a talent advantage over the NFC East."

great, so now you bring up a point and when it is addressed you redicule someone for it? that is an incredibly strong argument. :doh:

you have addressed nothing that i have said only what you inferred or projected onto my posts/statements. nice job.

I'll tell you how you can't win. You have a lower score than the other team at the end of the game :)

Does that count for NFC Championship games, too? Three of 'em? If so you may want to relay that to Coach Reid so that- well nevermind, too late :silly:

1- Injuries

2- NFC East is back

3- Gotta get over that losing to the AFC thing from last year

As a Cowboys fan I'm not afraid to say that I think Washington has the best starting roster in the NFC. But, there are no guarantees in the NFL. Injuries can happen....or even sometimes worse....a player can be playing "hurt" and won't sit because he's not actually injured and their production and effectiveness are greatly diminished.

That being said, I think the biggest question marks for Washington are depth (which may be a non-issue if they stay healthy) and field goal kicking.

Rich.........

this is exhausting. learn to read and comprehend. i never wished for anything. i simply stated that we couldnt possibly know what would happen.

You don't know what will happen. I do.

who dominated the NFC east last year ????? the Washington Redskins did. or did you miss it? we lost one game, swept the pukes and the iggles and beat the gints down the stretch when all was on the line.

if you can sincerely say that what Gibbs and co. did this off season is comparable to 2000 you have proven your ignorance of this team. and i am dellusional?

Good Lord. The Skins beat the Cowboys on two last-second prayers. You gotta put an asterisk next to the Eagles win too -- without McNabb, and with the cancerous TO hanging around. And the Giants totally dismantled the Skins up in New York. That's dominance to you? The Skins could just as easily gone 3-3 in the East as 5-1. That's not dominance.

So yeah, you're delusional. The Skins did not dominate the NFC East in 2005, and they'll have to fight just as hard this year. Hoping for dominance is not a plan. Working hard, fighting for every advantage, practicing like hell -- that's a plan. If you want something to hope for, drop "dominance" and start hoping the Skins stay healthy.

Dominant my ass.

As a Cowboys fan I'm not afraid to say that I think Washington has the best starting roster in the NFC. But, there are no guarantees in the NFL. Injuries can happen....or even sometimes worse....a player can be playing "hurt" and won't sit because he's not actually injured and their production and effectiveness are greatly diminished.

That being said, I think the biggest question marks for Washington are depth (which may be a non-issue if they stay healthy) and field goal kicking.

Rich.........

i think that is a fair assessment. the Skins certainly do not have the best at each position. no team ever does. we definitely need to address the punting situation but im okay with Hall when he is 100%. i just hope that he is.

depth is a concern of mine as well. and as you said, there are no guarantees.

if our offensive weapons can truly gell before opeing day i have the upmost confidence in this team. our D is and has been solid. once again depth is the only issue there.

You don't know what will happen. I do.

Good Lord. The Skins beat the Cowboys on two last-second prayers. You gotta put an asterisk next to the Eagles win too -- without McNabb, and with the cancerous TO hanging around. And the Giants totally dismantled the Skins up in New York. That's dominance to you? The Skins could just as easily gone 3-3 in the East as 5-1. That's not dominance.

So yeah, you're delusional. The Skins did not dominate the NFC East in 2005, and they'll have to fight just as hard this year. Hoping for dominance is not a plan. Working hard, fighting for every advantage, practicing like hell -- that's a plan. If you want something to hope for, drop "dominance" and start hoping the Skins stay healthy.

Dominant my ass.

spin it any way you want. we dominated the division. the record is what it is. and we didnt just beat the girls on two last second prayers. they had ample opportunity to come back and score but our D stopped them butt cold.

what game were you watching?

could have - should have - would have, how emtpy is your glass? we went 5-1 and swept two of three teams and split with the other. that is dominating the division. especially 3 in a row that was part of a 5 game winning streak by a banged up team just to make it to a playoff road game. which we also won.

when we lost games, even close ones, thats just the way it worked out. no excuses. so i, unlike you, will not make excuses for our victories. do we put an asterisk next to the second giant game when ramsey had to come in and finish? are you putting asterisks next to games that Griffin or ST didnt play?NO so that argument is dead. players get hurt and cant play, it happens to every team. arguing that things would have been different if so and so had been 100% is extremely childish.

leave it at this. you can have as little faith as you like and sit around biting your nails praying for no injuries all you want. i plan on watching my D do what it does best and my O perform like it hasnt in years.

even if you end up being right and i wrong at least i didnt sit around quaking in my boots like a scared little girl waiting for it to happen.

its called confidence, try and find some. its the Washington Redskins for Gods sake.

its called confidence, try and find some. its the Washington Redskins for Gods sake.

Confidence is one thing. Blind stupidity is another. Thinking that just because the Skins went 5-1 in the NFC East last year means that they'll do it this year -- and ignoring the reasons why they went 5-1 -- is blind stupidity.

It's not negative to assess weaknesses and work to address them. It's moronic to ignore weaknesses and just pretend you're dominant. Debate yourself on this one -- you're clearly not rational.

MRMADD definitely is more right here. The Skins won the final 5 games sure ... but if you re-watch the games closely you can't escape appreciating how much luck played a part. My feeling expressed ad nauseum on this Board is that until and unless the Skins develop a game-changing QB they will not be able to keep up in th EAST. The other teams in the division have improved dramatically and have gotten healthy. The Skins "whose only question mark (pun) is a 35-yr old mediocre QB" have treaded water in a relative sense. History will not repeat itself under these conditions.

No one team will be dominant. Those days are over. They ended shortly after the salary cap started. Any football team can make the playoffs. It’s all about playing disciplined, hard football and of course, staying healthy.

And that’s what this team needs to do again this year. This team needs to play tough, hard, mistake-free football to win football games. The good news is that I think Joe Gibbs convinced the team of this last year. I believe that they’ve learned what it takes to win football games and they will need to carry over that same work ethic to this year, probably even more so because as the coaches have said, we’re not going to sneak up on anybody this time. Everybody will be gunning for us.

Confidence is one thing. Blind stupidity is another. Thinking that just because the Skins went 5-1 in the NFC East last year means that they'll do it this year -- and ignoring the reasons why they went 5-1 -- is blind stupidity.

It's not negative to assess weaknesses and work to address them. It's moronic to ignore weaknesses and just pretend you're dominant. Debate yourself on this one -- you're clearly not rational.

once again you are putting words into my mouth, or keyboard. once and for all...

i never said that i thought, wished or planned that we would dominate anything this upcoming season. you projected that onto my posts.

when talking about last season we, for whatever reason, dominated the division. the record speaks for itself.

the only thing blindly stupid about this conversation is the fact that you dont adress what i say but rather what you think.

we went 5-1 in the division because that is the way it worked out. no excuses either way.

for the upcoming season we need to plan and address certain worries. unfortunately you and i never got to discuss that point due to your assertions, inference and assumptions.

all i said for sure was that at this point we couldnt possible know what would happen. go back and read the entire discussion and you will see the error of your ways.

once again you are putting words into my mouth, or keyboard. once and for all....

Like I said, have this conversation with yourself, kiddo. If you want the last word, knock yourself out -- but I'll warn you that sometimes you should just quit when you're behind.

Like I said, have this conversation with yourself, kiddo. If you want the last word, knock yourself out -- but I'll warn you that sometimes you should just quit when you're behind.

are you serious? again, you are not addressing what i have said but what you THINK. so dont accuse someone of needing the last word when you havent debated anything that they actually stated.

this whole "conversation" can be summed up by one exchange.

me - "i never wished for anything. i simply stated that we couldnt possibly know what would happen.

you - "You don't know what will happen. I do."

sorry to have wasted your time oh wise one. how could i have possibly ever thought that the future was unwritten when someone as omnipotent as yourself has already foreseen everything that is bound to happen?

HTTR. heres to a better year than last year.

we had the best divisional record last year and we only got better. i believe brunell has enough left. that would be the only question mark and if he gets injured, i think that the rest of the team is good enough to help campbell get us to the playoffs.:cheers:

The answer to your question is simple: We don't win if we play a team that is better than us.

Archived