Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how can the Redskins NOT win?

extremeskin

I hate the fact that the 2004 unbeatable mentality is floating around here. Did we learn nothing as fans to just sit pat like we did last season and let the year play out. We said the same thing in 2000, 01, 02, 03, and 04.

While I do look at my team from a realistic standpoint (how could I not after going through Pettitbon, Norv, Marty, Spurrer, etc.) I will keep the "unbeatable" mentality with me till my death bed as long as King Joseph is at the helm. You'll just have to deal with it, enjoy!

And comparing our current team to the pre and post gibbs teams of the past is a serious stretch.

This is more of an optimists vs pessimists debate then an actual skins debate IMO. From the way some of you think, I wonder if you'd even be happy if/ when we win the SB. You would probably be sitting there listing ways in which we did not dominate our division while I and my other fellow optimistic extremeskinners will be out celebrating why the skins are so dominate!

HAIL

MRMADD definitely is more right here. The Skins won the final 5 games sure ... but if you re-watch the games closely you can't escape appreciating how much luck played a part. My feeling expressed ad nauseum on this Board is that until and unless the Skins develop a game-changing QB they will not be able to keep up in th EAST. The other teams in the division have improved dramatically and have gotten healthy. The Skins "whose only question mark (pun) is a 35-yr old mediocre QB" have treaded water in a relative sense. History will not repeat itself under these conditions.

i have gone back and watched clips from the last games of the regular season as you suggested. what i saw was not so much luck as it was defensive takeaways. our D became a turnover machine down the stretch. forced fumbles and tipeed passes/interceptions are what kept us in it as long as we were.

There is still the big question mark at quarterback. It's the dominant subject amongst analyst as to the key as far as the sucess of this team goes this year.

Mark Brunell will have to play injury free, and move like he did 10 years ago. He is another year older, he is coming off a late season injury that basically killed us in the playoffs last season.

Jason is not ready to take over a NFL team and lead it to the playoffs unless he has a Rothlesberger type season, and that is unlikely. So here we go again. What is going to happen at the quartback position for the Washington Redskins? We have made all the other moves we needed in the offseason with the assumption the quarterback position is in good shape. Let's hope that it is, because if it isn't, this could be one of the most disappointing seasons ever with all the anticipation of this offseasons acusitions. I hope Brunell has his best, injury free season ever, becaust then, we can ask the question, how can we NOT win.

I think it really comes down to the offensive line. We know the defense will be there. But will the offensive line gel fast enough in the new system? Questions that should be asked are: Is AS introducing any new blocking techniques? Are RT & CR gonna be back to where they were before they got injured by preseason? Is DD going to take his play up a notch?

You can say what you want about Brunell, but if the line is playing well, we can bring back Doug Williams and win. We have more weapons on our offense than any team I can think of off hand: Portis, Cooley, Santana, Lloyd,

Randle El, & Sellers.

If our offensive line can pick up where it left off, we are Super Bowl bound. IMHO

I don't think you are disagreeing Onedrop ... many of the turnovers were luck ... add the penalties ... the "face mask" call against Adrian Wilson leading to Portis' amazing kite-sail TD; the penalty call against Runyon that took back a key first down for the eagles and then led to Portis' amazing spin-move TD run around left end; and the mysterious holding call that took back Eli Manning's TD toss in the 4th quarter of the 2nd gints game. Hey looky here ... I'd rather be lucky than good sometimes ...but my point is that it does not always run your way. This year will be different for sure. Can we be dominant? Hell yea! Will the Skins be dominant is another question ... stay tuned. We have to play the games to find out ... talk is cheap in May (but fun).

we had the best divisional record last year and we only got better. i believe brunell has enough left. that would be the only question mark and if he gets injured, i think that the rest of the team is good enough to help campbell get us to the playoffs.:cheers:

so did all the other teams in the division. last year by the end of the year the other three teams in the division were dealing with major injuries and players lost at the end of the season and in the mean while the skins were getting their players back...

I don't think you are disagreeing Onedrop ... many of the turnovers were luck ... add the penalties ... the "face mask" call against Adrian Wilson leading to Portis' amazing kite-sail TD; the penalty call against Runyon that took back a key first down for the eagles and then led to Portis' amazing spin-move TD run around left end; and the mysterious holding call that took back Eli Manning's TD toss in the 4th quarter of the 2nd gints game. Hey looky here ... I'd rather be lucky than good sometimes ...but my point is that it does not always run your way. This year will be different for sure. Can we be dominant? Hell yea! Will the Skins be dominant is another question ... stay tuned. We have to play the games to find out ... talk is cheap in May (but fun).

i agree with you, luck definitely helps. and it was not always on our side last year. my point is that sometimes you have to make your own luck. like tipping passes at the line or causing fumbles for ST to run back for TD's in consecutive games.

Try the refs, that's how we CANT win

jeez, what a weak excuse. every team in the NFl could say the same thing.

but then again, in DC there is always some consipiracy theory that's going on....its those darn owners and T agwho sit around a table, in a secret meeting that snyder didn't know about and decided they should have the refs make calls against the skins so the skins would lose.

gimme a break

spin it any way you want. we dominated the division. the record is what it is. and we didnt just beat the girls on two last second prayers. they had ample opportunity to come back and score but our D stopped them butt cold.

what game were you watching?

could have - should have - would have, how emtpy is your glass? we went 5-1 and swept two of three teams and split with the other. that is dominating the division. especially 3 in a row that was part of a 5 game winning streak by a banged up team just to make it to a playoff road game. which we also won.

when we lost games, even close ones, thats just the way it worked out. no excuses. so i, unlike you, will not make excuses for our victories. do we put an asterisk next to the second giant game when ramsey had to come in and finish? are you putting asterisks next to games that Griffin or ST didnt play?NO so that argument is dead. players get hurt and cant play, it happens to every team. arguing that things would have been different if so and so had been 100% is extremely childish.

leave it at this. you can have as little faith as you like and sit around biting your nails praying for no injuries all you want. i plan on watching my D do what it does best and my O perform like it hasnt in years.

even if you end up being right and i wrong at least i didnt sit around quaking in my boots like a scared little girl waiting for it to happen.

its called confidence, try and find some. its the Washington Redskins for Gods sake.

sorry at the end of the year, every team is banged up so if you are going to highlight the skins being banged up, so were the giants, so were the eagles and so were the cowboys. both all of those teams missed starters and several starters at the end of the year, where the skins were getting their starters back and were healthiest of the bunch.

the skins have as much chance as any other team in the division to win it or end up last.

this is one tough division and if you can't see that, then your blind homerism is all too apparent.

sorry at the end of the year, every team is banged up so if you are going to highlight the skins being banged up, so were the giants, so were the eagles and so were the cowboys. both all of those teams missed starters and several starters at the end of the year, where the skins were getting their starters back and were healthiest of the bunch.

the skins have as much chance as any other team in the division to win it or end up last.

this is one tough division and if you can't see that, then your blind homerism is all too apparent.

heres a suggestion. reread the entire conversation. i said we didnt know what would happen other guy said we couldnt dominate.

and by the way, i said "by a banged up team" because the Skins were the ones that won three division game during a five game winning streak. the other divisional opponents did not. that was the only point.

Well, has your question been answered yet? There are many opinions here with validity, so it comes down to the team staying healthy, and the new boys doing the job we are paying them for. This team has what it takes to win, but as the rest of the NFL, it has what it takes to lose as well.

Let's hope luck, and good health are on our side this year, and we will all be happy as hell watching this team progess through the playoffs. HTTR.:cheers:

we had the best divisional record last year and we only got better. i believe brunell has enough left. that would be the only question mark and if he gets injured, i think that the rest of the team is good enough to help campbell get us to the playoffs.:cheers:

Ask the Eagles of 2004..........13-3 & 6-0 in the division. All the other NFCE teams finished 6-10.

2005 Eagles, 6-10 & 0-6 in the division.

But Thanks for playing!!:rolleyes:

Ask the Eagles of 2004..........13-3 & 6-0 in the division. All the other NFCE teams finished 6-10.

2005 Eagles, 6-10 & 0-6 in the division.

But Thanks for playing!!:rolleyes:

your team is the one playing with the same cancer that was a big reason for the iggles demise. enjoy.

Archived