Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Afc Troubles

skinsn24

Ok i believe we have lost 11 in a row to the AFC, which is almost 3 whole years. I was thinking about it in bed last night and we came oooh so close from winning all 4 games last year.

Denver-We dominated this game, plain and simple. 2 HUGE runs by tatum bell, one with a missed tackle in the backfield and one with 4 broken tackles. We lost on a failed 2 point conversion

KC-Again we dominated this game for a while, then a priest holmes 50 yard td screen. Fumbles by Brunell killed us. Lost on a Santanta moss dropped pass (yes, it hit him in the hands) on the final play of regulation.

Oakland-Jumped out to a lead, held it in the second half, then got torched deep (an on going problem), offense didnt show up.

SD-The game was in hand. Then in the 4th LT explodes scores two tds in like 5 minutes. Skins get an INT, look to get the ball to the 20 for a game winning FG, bogus holding call and we are out of range, lose in OT on a tomlison TD run. (3 tds in like 10 minues)

So there you have it. We could have won all 4 games, or at least split and made our season look reallly good. Just think about how good 10-2 in the conference is, and if we had won some AFC games, we could have rested and played at home.

Time for us to win agaisnt the AFC

Ok i believe we have lost 11 in a row to the AFC, which is almost 3 whole years. I was thinking about it in bed last night and we came oooh so close from winning all 4 games last year.

Denver-We dominated this game, plain and simple. 2 HUGE runs by tatum bell, one with a missed tackle in the backfield and one with 4 broken tackles. We lost on a failed 2 point conversion

KC-Again we dominated this game for a while, then a priest holmes 50 yard td screen. Fumbles by Brunell killed us. Lost on a Santanta moss dropped pass (yes, it hit him in the hands) on the final play of regulation.

Oakland-Jumped out to a lead, held it in the second half, then got torched deep (an on going problem), offense didnt show up.

SD-The game was in hand. Then in the 4th LT explodes scores two tds in like 5 minutes. Skins get an INT, look to get the ball to the 20 for a game winning FG, bogus holding call and we are out of range, lose in OT on a tomlison TD run. (3 tds in like 10 minues)

So there you have it. We could have won all 4 games, or at least split and made our season look reallly good. Just think about how good 10-2 in the conference is, and if we had won some AFC games, we could have rested and played at home.

Time for us to win agaisnt the AFC

I agree. I don't feel so bad about the Denver/KC losses because they were both close games and I was just glad to see us play like we did against two of the better teams in the NFL.

What really bothered me were the SD and Oakland losses. SD is a great team too, but we really should have kept that game under control. Same thing for the Oakland game, I think we got too comfortable and just let them slip.

On the other hand, look what it did. It motivated our guys to win out and make the playoffs. This year I hope we do a lot better against the AFC and I think we are set to do that.

I agree but winning in the NFC is more important but please lets get some AFC wins. It just doesnt make sense i mean the raiders were terrible last year and it was at home

Yeah but Norv has always found a way to beat the 'Skins. Especially when he was our coach.

I agree that the AFC seems very doable this year.

I was at the San Diego game last year when LT got busy in the 4th quarter and im not sure ive ever been so frustrated in my entire life. Not to second guess the coaches, but in a few of those games, the offensive play calling became so passive once the team had the lead that it gave opponents the chance to get back in the game. I remember one series in particular after LT had his first touchdown when there were 3 runs called in a row, and none of them went for more than 2 yards. I think the addition of saunders this year will help with that area a lot. Also, if the skins lose to the texans, i might kill myself. GO SKINS!!!

I still don't validate that game as a loss, considering Marcus Washington got clipped on the first TD and it went uncalled... ;)

I agreee to a certain extent with you, however you must take into consideration that the "SKINS" were operating with an "injured team" during "CRUNCH TIME"!!

Our offense was stymied and teams shut down the run. We relied "heavily" on Santana Moss to be our "outside" threat. Chris Cooley definitely stepped-up along with several other players.

We did not have enough left in the tank to secure "home field advantage"

or solidify our aspirations.

Yeah but Norv has always found a way to beat the 'Skins. Especially when he was our coach.

LOL!! OMG best quote I've read all day! Hahaha

The Denver game annoyed me because it really looked as though the skins were firing on all cylanders. The offense was moving the football effectively and the defense was NASTY. Jake had 97 yards the ENTIRE game. That's pathetic. If we could have held Bell in check that game would have been VERY one-sided.

The Kansas City game. How many times was Samuels beaten for a sack? How many times did Brunell fumble? All the turnovers in the first quarter doomed us. Even if we kicked field goals that's at least 9 points or potentiall 21 points we gave up. Terrible game. I think that one frustrated me more than Denver.

THEN we play the Raiders. Omg. Pathetic. The offense was just miserable and the defense played well enough to lose.

Finally, the Chargers game. Dispite all my screaming from section 214 the entire game we lost. Robert Royal dropped several key 3rd down passes. Overall we looked pretty good in that game as well. LT just decided to show up. I will NEVER forgive the fool that said, SEE YA or something on the overtime coin flip. I can't wait to play the Chargers again.

I still don't validate that game as a loss, considering Marcus Washington got clipped on the first TD and it went uncalled... ;)

If you want to talk about blatant penalties.........take a look at LT's game winner agains us. Taylor comes up to fill and is immediately BEAR-HUGGED by the lead blocker. His hands were outside Taylor's shoulders from the time of impact until after LT had passed (and with two fistfulls of jersey might I add). Watched that replay on primetime over and over and waited for them to point out one of the most blatant and critical holds I have ever seen. To make it worse, the penalty occured right at the point of attack and was playside. As I sit here today I am still waiting for them to say something. Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath.....

:soapbox:

I don't know, seemed like we lost all four games this year due to bad luck.

Dominate the Broncos, but two huge Bell runs and a blocked FG costs us.

Dominate the Chiefs, but fumble on first drive and fumble by Rock costs us.

Had the Raiders, but Portis's only two fumbles of the year came on that game.

Had the Chargers, but Rabach holds and we can't get a 4th quarter 1st down.

We got it this year though. I expect at least 3-1 against the AFC.

Archived