Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casserly Resigned

SkinsNoles21

So he was with the Skins for over 20 years, very involved in the drafts. His biggest moves were a no brainer with Champ, one good 4th, 5th and 6th round picks in all those years. Then it was his good fortune there were 12 or more rounds then and although his first 11 choices sucked, pulled out one gem in the 12th. In certain years after all picks failed, he lucked out with a couple UFA.

In his behalf there were some other good picks like Monk and Green during that time frame, but for every one of them there was a Heath Shuler and a Andre Johnson.

:toilet:

If my son were drafted by the Cowboys, I'd still be a Redskins fan but I'd cheer for him like crazy as I sat in my hot tub on my Yacht sailing out of Palm Beach drinking my beverage of choice counting my, I mean his, money!

(c'mon son, you can do it!)

Hail,

H

Destroyed the Texans and helped run us into the ground... good riddence.

I wanted to post this in a new thread since it's a different take on the Casserly situation but since I don't post here often I didn't feel like getting yelled at for not putting it in a new thread --

ESPNews blurb on the Casserly thing that "Texans fans will say Casserly left two weeks too late" stuff has got me thinking...

I think Casserly is a very nice/smart guy... OBVIOUSLY if you think about it it, it wasn't Casserly who was the real reason for the Mario Williams pick... it was someone else and Casserly just bit the bullet for the Texans because he knew he was leaving. I don't think a GM would go on national T.V. and act as pompous and nonchalant like he did about passing up on Reggie Bush if he really cared/was remaining on the team. He had no caring for what his own teams fans thought and leaving the team literally 2 weeks later kind of justifies how he acted. If you look back on it in hindsight you can see that he had no affinity towards the team anymore, but he hid it pretty well I suppose. For all we know Casserly could have REALLY wanted Reggie Bush but Kubiak or the owner or even a majority of the F.O. could have told him otherwise and as an honorable gesture took the heat for it.

We know that the Texans knew of his eventual resignation after the draft, so obviously Casserly's input about the actual drafting of the players was going to be merely advisory in nature, he and everyone else knew in the Texans' organization he wasn't going to be there. So why would he make such an unpopular decision for the team and pass up on clearly the player with the best potential and most star power almost of all time to possibly leave the team in shambles for years to come, if he was leaving two weeks later, never to see his decision justified -- except from the stands... he is a nice guy for doing what he did.

I think CC finally realized that even if Mario becomes better than the best DE in the league, he still wont put points on the board like Reggie Bush will. I am still in utter disbelief of this pick and I am becoming more and more convinced in my head that it was strictly based on signability.

Archived