Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor on Redskins.com Audio

CPstretch

Taylor essentially boycotted the media after the "Shaving Cream Pie" incident with Lavar when he was a rookie. He was distrustful of them because they didn't warn him it was coming.

:laugh:

How things change. Lavar is no longer here and ST is the face of this defense. I used to hate ST when he tormented the Hokies a few years back, but he's in the burgundy and gold now and my favorite player. Great interview.

What's the "shaving cream pie" incident?

What's the "shaving cream pie" incident?
Lavar "shaving cream pie'd" ST in the face shortly after he was drafted, as a joke. Some of the shaving creme got in STs eyes and he sat out practice for a couple of days. He was pretty upset about it.

Well he obviously said shirt cause his shirt is blurred out during the redskins.com tv broadcast. The only screenshot without his shirt being blurred was this

staylor9xw.jpg

So, something you ?? That's all I got.

looks like a mitchell and ness t-shirt, could be a braves shirt too tho, but i'm almost certain its mitchell and ness cuz i have the same shirt in a diff color.

"Thank God that we took him over Winslow. It is a disgrace that he wasn't in the Pro-Bowl last year. He is the heart of this Redskin defense,without a doubt. Watch the video of him and see a carbon copy of Ronnie Lott, one of the best safeties to ever suit up. I can't wait til he breaks some heads this season."

I disagree I think Marcus Washington is the heart of our defense. Sean Taylor is, as Gregg Williams put it, our hammer.

for some reason i can not quote a message in a reply like everyone else. I try and click quote message in reply and nothing happens

Do you have a pop-up blocker? Maybe try holding the CTRL key while clicking the quote button?

looks like a mitchell and ness t-shirt, could be a braves shirt too tho, but i'm almost certain its mitchell and ness cuz i have the same shirt in a diff color.

The one word on his shirt that we can see looks like it says 'You.' Perhaps it was blurred out because it said '**** You?'

for some reason i can not quote a message in a reply like everyone else. I try and click quote message in reply and nothing happens

Click the button that says quote in the bottom right of the post you want to quote. That will take you to the reply screen with the post you wanted formatted as a quote.

All i have to say is, after listening to that on Redskins.comTV, i have no idea how this kid got in trouble in the first place. He'd better get out of this legal trouble, cause I have a feeling is in for a heck of a year on the field.

Every Skins fan knows after last season what Sean means to our D (just see the times when he was out of the game, ummm...Chris Sims looking like Joe Montana). I have a feeling that, after this season barring any legal problems, the league is going to understand!

Sean, we wish you nothing but the best, keep your head up, we're behind you! Hail!

great interview...he's always been quiet...doesn't like the media...not b/c of the cream pie incident...was like that throughout college too...never even heard anything from him for long periods of time.....and that video was crazy....good thing his eyes weren't really hurt.....

That's the most pain I've ever seen inflicted upon Sean Taylor, for about a second it seemed ST was about to kick lavar's ass, that would have been classic.

Sean Taylor doesn't feel pain. He has to pretend that it hurts...or else people will start to realize he isn't human.

Actually i will tackle this so what your saying is that when you meet a black person for the first time you think that they can't speak very well. And that all white people speak well? Your a funny person because i speak very well and so does alot of other black people i hangout with maybe you should actually try to get to know some black people other than the ones on the Redskins because thats probably the only time your happy and cheer for a black person in your life. So Grandpa you need to get that thinking out of your head and realize that this is 21st century and things have changed aight man.

You know, I usually let posts like yours slide on by, because what's the use? If you don't get it, then I figure maybe you will someday, and it's generally not worth my time to try and explain it. But in this case, I think I will retort as a public service and to clarify a few things, since racial issues are a bit touchy.

Your rebuttal has some basic flaws. First, your opening sentence is not what I was saying at all - not even remotely close. What I was saying is that in today’s society - particularly in business - many white people have gotten into the habit of saying some variation of "he/she is really articulate", when describing a black person. It's gotten to the point where, in sensitivity training for business professionals, this exact issue has been brought to the surface and people have been advised to stay clear of making that type of character identification.

Why? It sounds like a compliment, but it isn't. You just don't hear the same thing when white people are describing other white people. This is very different than "when you meet a black person for the first time you think that they can't speak very well", as you put it.

Second, clearly not all white people are articulate. Many are not. That's not the issue, and has nothing to do with anything here. The issue is that well spoken white people are never described that way, as a defining characteristic; as if that sets them apart form other white people.

Third, you have no idea who I hang out with. You assume, but you do not know. I'd like to avoid the old cliché of "I know a lot of black people", but as it turns out, I do. Outside of my many personal and work relationships, I volunteer helping people with drug and alcohol problems here in DC, an activity which brings me in regular contact with dozens of black people from all age groups. I mention this not as a defense or for a pat on the back, but as an explanation, so that perhaps you vision of who I am may become a bit clearer.

And lastly, insulting people (and bolding the insult, no less) does not help make your point. It diminishes it, in fact. People are more apt to take a post more seriously if it contains well-thought out opinions and avoids childish name-calling.

I hope that illuminates my assertion.

- - -

PS - I acknowledge that terms “well spoken” and “articulate” mean different things to different people. My use of it here can be loosely described as: using word pronunciation close to what one would find in Webster’s dictionary; using generally grammatically correct sentences with proper verb tense and article/person agreement; and, speaking in a manner which the majority of Americans can understand – as if a news anchor might speak.

You know, I usually let posts like yours slide on by, because what's the use? If you don't get it, then I figure maybe you will someday, and it's generally not worth my time to try and explain it. But in this case, I think I will retort as a public service and to clarify a few things, since racial issues are a bit touchy.

Your rebuttal has some basic flaws. First, your opening sentence is not what I was saying at all - not even remotely close. What I was saying is that in today’s society - particularly in business - many white people have gotten into the habit of saying some variation of "he/she is really articulate", when describing a black person. It's gotten to the point where, in sensitivity training for business professionals, this exact issue has been brought to the surface and people have been advised to stay clear of making that type of character identification.

Why? It sounds like a compliment, but it isn't. You just don't hear the same thing when white people are describing other white people. This is very different than "when you meet a black person for the first time you think that they can't speak very well", as you put it.

Second, clearly not all white people are articulate. Many are not. That's not the issue, and has nothing to do with anything here. The issue is that well spoken white people are never described that way, as a defining characteristic; as if that sets them apart form other white people.

Third, you have no idea who I hang out with. You assume, but you do not know. I'd like to avoid the old cliché of "I know a lot of black people", but as it turns out, I do. Outside of my many personal and work relationships, I volunteer helping people with drug and alcohol problems here in DC, an activity which brings me in regular contact with dozens of black people from all age groups. I mention this not as a defense or for a pat on the back, but as an explanation, so that perhaps you vision of who I am may become a bit clearer.

And lastly, insulting people (and bolding the insult, no less) does not help make your point. It diminishes it, in fact. People are more apt to take a post more seriously if it contains well-thought out opinions and avoids childish name-calling.

I hope that illuminates my assertion.

- - -

PS - I acknowledge that terms “well spoken” and “articulate” mean different things to different people. My use of it here can be loosely described as: using word pronunciation close to what one would find in Webster’s dictionary; using generally grammatically correct sentences with proper verb tense and article/person agreement; and, speaking in a manner which the majority of Americans can understand – as if a news anchor might speak.

Chris Rock does a stand-up routine on this very subject. It's about how white people always say that Colin Powell "speaks so well" and how they never say that about a white person. He even does a funny stereotypical white person voice to emphasize it. Basically he ends up saying something along the lines of "no ****, he speaks well...he's a ****ing general." Rock doesn't just make fun of white people either, he picks on black people a lot as well.

Anyway, some people need to lighten up and pull the stick out of their asses whenever someone brings up the topic of race.

Archived