Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor on Redskins.com Audio

CPstretch

Given his image in the media, and his frightening persona on the field, it is somewhat surprising to see how nice the kid is. If you believed what you read about him, you'd think he's a gansta from the U. But that's not at all the vibe he has. It's kind of crazy to realize that nice sounding guy is the player most likely to decapitate an opposing player!

FREE SEAN TAYLOR!

Thank God that we took him over Winslow. It is a disgrace that he wasn't in the Pro-Bowl last year. He is the heart of this Redskin defense,without a doubt. Watch the video of him and see a carbon copy of Ronnie Lott, one of the best safeties to ever suit up. I can't wait til he breaks some heads this season.

a 1st impression means everything, thats the 1st time ive heard him speak, and it shows what hes about, you know in a little way. most people judge people as soon as they meet them, take women for example, women will know if they wanna be friends with a guy or date him by the 1st time they meet him, its a known fact!

Ironically, I think that's the first interview I've seen with him too. I wonder why we haven't seen more of him? He is one of the most popular players on the team.

I've always been amazed how charismatic and well-spoken he is when you compare that to the way he plays. He really seems like a great, intelligent guy.

Assuming the allegations are true, I think maybe he just had some growing-up to do. Hopefully he'll get another chance and I really believe it'll a be very different story.

Ironically, I think that's the first interview I've seen with him too. I wonder why we haven't seen more of him? He is one of the most popular players on the team.

you can see he is kinda shy to me, hey i would be too, being an up and coming star, some people take it in stride other guys are a little more quiet about their personal life. you know. seems like now hes really into this team, and wants to be more vocal, like portis , and other guys on this team, we need a true leader on d, and either him or marcus can be the voice of our d.

you can see he is kinda shy to me.

IMO, he's not shy at all. It's easy to tell he's got a big mouth on the field. The media just so damn annoying, I wouldn't want to bother with answering all their stupid questions if I were him.

im not sure why but that interview pretty much warmed my heart.

sean is the man. it was surprising how humble he seemed, and how he still said he had "alot of work to do and alot to improve on". yeah right sean. give me another year like you had last year and you might be holding a lombardi trophy in february!

For such a ferocius playa on the field, he came across very soft and likeable in this interview. First time I've heard him speak off the field. This speaks volunes about Joe Gibbs "character first" philosophy.....all these guys come off as decent sincere guys who work hard but also have fun....and even Joe appears to be having fun these days!

HTTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by skins84

Wow, care to elaborate on that comment?

- - -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgerrocks

Not really. It's all right there. He is well spoken.

My buddy and I were talking about this earlier this week. When someone says "he's very articulate", you can pretty much guarantee they are talking about black person. No one EVER says that about a white person. So when someone says "He is a much better speaker than I imagined", what that means is, "I expected him to spew thug-esque Ebonics, but I could actually understand what he was saying, which surprises me, because he looks like one of those people".

Try and deny it if you want to, but that's exactly what that means.

I loved the fact that he was the first person in the door at 7:30. A guy who isn't just banking on his talent to get him by but really working his game. Very eloquent guy, I hope we get more interviews with him during the year.

I could care less about the way he talks, whats amazing about sean taylor is the way he looks on the feild. I mean, whenever I see him run full speed, it doesnt look right, like i think theres something wrong with my TV. People that size shouldnt be moving at that speed!! That being said Im glad his voice and attittude contrast the image he projects on the field. I swear I will cry if he goes to jail.

E-Dog you could've made a good point, but then you turned into a 37 year old looking for a fight on a message board. He doesn't have to deny it. What do you want from him? All of our favorite players on the skins speak in different ways it just happens that sean speaks more concisely and looks more loose and collected in front of a camera than some athletes do. And, yes, they do say "that" about white people. You can have any accent from Alabama to Minnesota and people will still pick up on whether you have rhetorical skills or not.

This is true... but he gets such a bad rep from what he does on the field and this whole trial fiasco that you can't help but want to stick up for the guy. I've always seen him as kind of a Polamalu-type... absolutely vicious in the game and prone to do some dumb things but just a good guy off the field who is nowhere near being a simple thug. :cool:

Yeah same here. He seems kind of like a quiet guy like Polamalu, but when he's on the field he plays with full intensity. Imagine if your job was to tackle the **** out of people...you'd probably be a pretty mellow person off the field too. I've noticed a lot of the hard hitting defensive guys are pretty relaxed in interviews, probably because they get all of their aggression out on-field.

Man I heard that Bob Sanders is pretty mellow too. Anyone ever seen an interview with him?

i met the whole team last year and spent some time with a bunch of the guys and he was by far the the nicest and most respectful out of them all. santana and cooley were next. and brunell was the only guy who didnt want to speak.

Before the Redskins ever got serious about drafting Sean Taylor I wanted him badly...

Always said he's got the potential to be the best Safety to ever do it...

UNBELIEVABLE with the ball in his hands and hits like a mack truck...

What is he, 23? He's no older than that, I believe...

To think that as good as he is that he's capable of improving even more is crazy...

Make him a Redskin 4-life...

Before the Redskins ever got serious about drafting Sean Taylor I wanted him badly...

Always said he's got the potential to be the best Safety to ever do it...

UNBELIEVABLE with the ball in his hands and hits like a mack truck...

What is he, 23? He's no older than that, I believe...(Rocky McIntosh is older than Taylor)

To think that as good as he is that he's capable of improving even more is crazy...

Make him a Redskin 4-life...

Actually i will tackle this so what your saying is that when you meet a black person for the first time you think that they can't speak very well. And that all white people speak well? Your a funny person because i speak very well and so does alot of other black people i hangout with maybe you should actually try to get to know some black people other than the ones on the Redskins because thats probably the only time your happy and cheer for a black person in your life. So Grandpa you need to get that thinking out of your head and realize that this is 21st century and things have changed aight man.

My buddy and I were talking about this earlier this week. When someone says "he's very articulate", you can pretty much guarantee they are talking about black person. No one EVER says that about a white person. So when someone says "He is a much better speaker than I imagined", what that means is, "I expected him to spew thug-esque Ebonics, but I could actually understand what he was saying, which surprises me, because he looks like one of those people".

Basically.

Taylor essentially boycotted the media after the "Shaving Cream Pie" incident with Lavar when he was a rookie. He was distrustful of them because they didn't warn him it was coming.

:laugh:

How things change. Lavar is no longer here and ST is the face of this defense. I used to hate ST when he tormented the Hokies a few years back, but he's in the burgundy and gold now and my favorite player. Great interview.

Seriously????? More likely he thought it was interesting that an ATHLETE was well-spoken. For various reasons, quite often athletes aren't the most well-spoken bunch.

Archived