Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky Vs. Deqwell

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not trying to start a riot. Who does everyone think is better? I saw a lot of Deqwell at UMD and would of rather got him but I'm glad we got Rocky. I know everyone thinks we wanted Rocky the whole time but is this true or are they being the politicians thet are supposed to be. I just want a sensible discussion not rying to be a smart ***.I know Deqwell went before our pick and it wouldn't really matter any ways.Just want to know what peole think about it.

phew...i thought this was another poll....:doh:

but i've never seem deqwell play but i'm sure he's good....

and i think we did wanted rocky the whole time cause they said that they've had an eye on him the whole time and even tried to trade up to first round to get him........but who knows...i don't really care what the case was....we have rocky now and i'm happy :D

ok...so it was another poll...o well :paranoid:

I think the Skins wanted Rocky. First of all, Gibbs said that we made the deal with the Jets during the first round so long as Rocky was still there. Seems to show that they wanted Rocky from the beginning. Also, D'Qwell had played MLB his entire time at UMD (though he played OLB in high school) and we needed a WLB. I do love D'Qwell, but I think Rocky is a better fit.

I've never seen rocky play, but I've seen D'quell all year here at Maryland, and he really is phenomenal. He is undersized, but he's so strong that he is able to make up for the lack of size. Seeing him lay people out was so much fun to watch. He will most likely excel anywhere he goes because he's such a hard worker. On the other hand, seeing the stats and everything on Rocky - GW is gonna mold Rocky into a probowler, he seems to be a great prototype for success in our system.

get excited!:logo:

I think the Skins wanted Rocky. First of all, Gibbs said that we made the deal with the Jets during the first round so long as Rocky was still there. Seems to show that they wanted Rocky from the beginning. Also, D'Qwell had played MLB his entire time at UMD (though he played OLB in high school) and we needed a WLB. I do love D'Qwell, but I think Rocky is a better fit.

I agree with what all you guys are saying but Gibbs could be saying he wanted Rocky the whole time because it s the right thing to do.You think he's going to say he wanted Deqwell.

I AM HAPPY WITH THE PICK.JUST WANT YOUR OPINIONS.:D

i think u just WANT to think he wanted deqwell the whole time.....:silly: jk

no...never thought that gibbs would be lying about it....why wouldn't he want rocky the whole time? he said he wanted someone who could play all 3 positions and from what others are saying...seems like the other guy only plays one position

i think u just WANT to think he wanted deqwell the whole time.....:silly: jk

no...never thought that gibbs would be lying about it....why wouldn't he want rocky the whole time? he said he wanted someone who could play all 3 positions and from what others are saying...seems like the other guy only plays one position

It's a business people lie.To say Gibbs doesn't lie to help out his franchise is rediculous.I think they could of wanted Deqwell but most likely wanted Rocky because of Portis being our GM.:D

It's a business people lie.To say Gibbs doesn't lie to help out his franchise is rediculous.I think they could of wanted Deqwell but most likely wanted Rocky because of Portis being our GM.:D
:laugh: that's true...he said that moss said something too.....

:helmet: I don't know if anyone remembers Pat Swelling from the New Orlean Saints may he (RIP), Hahaha I'am telling my age, this kid Deqwell's game is similar he's, low to the ground and very powerful and uses he small size and quickness to his advantage. Deqwell will be an excellent OLB in the league now, I've watched the Rock, He's very athletic and powerful also but he's coached by a much better defensive genius in Head Coach Greg Williams who if can't make this kid Rock a good, discipline OLB then nuff said. Overall, they both are good but, if given the edge it goes to the Rock because of the Coaching aspects I think.

Easy: Rocky. People here who like DQwell are being homers. DQwell is an ILB. We dont need that. We got Lemar holding it down for us on the inside. We needed an outside LB and we got one in Rocky.

Yes, agree... also we need a player that can contribute NOW, and I think the U prepares their players to make a contribution right away (Vilma, D.J., Taylor, etc.), so I'm going with Rocky

:helmet: I don't know if anyone remembers Pat Swelling from the New Orlean Saints may he (RIP), Hahaha I'am telling my age, this kid Deqwell's game is similar he's, low to the ground and very powerful and uses he small size and quickness to his advantage. Deqwell will be an excellent OLB in the league now, I've watched the Rock, He's very athletic and powerful also but he's coached by a much better defensive genius in Head Coach Greg Williams who if can't make this kid Rock a good, discipline OLB then nuff said. Overall, they both are good but, if given the edge it goes to the Rock because of the Coaching aspects I think.

I haven't seen video on either one. My one input would be though is that regardless of which one is better, we didn't have a chance to draft both of them. Jackson was off the board before we picked. Unless you want to make a case for Howard, we took the best linebacker available when we picked.

I'm sure the Jets would have loved to have Bush, but he wasn't available. I doubt Jets fans are debating whether or not they would rather have Bush or Ferguson.

I'm not trying to be a jerk with this post. It just seems irrelevant since Jackson and Rocky weren't both available when we picked.

I think being from the U, Rockey is a better pick for us. I think he'll have more chemistry with the team, where as D'Qwell would just be a local guy going to a team that has no players from UMD. Plus, as mentioned, Rockey is versitile and will be able to fill in the needs we had to address.

If Rockey wasn't picked, I think maybe we would have gone for D'Qwell, but Rockey makes more sense.

It sure is hard to go against D'Qwells HUGE instincts and production, but Rocky is bigger, quicker and more athletic. That evidently was key for the staff. It sounds like if they had an option on one or the other, they would have chose Rocky. If they wanted D'Qwell, they'd have him.

I voted Rocky before the draft (see the Perfect Draft thread) and I'm sticking by it. I am a Terp season ticket holder and love Jackson but I think Rocky fits what we are looking for more.

I also don't like the idea of moving Marshall again just after he became comfortable in the middle at the end of last year. He really became a force. Plus we drafted an ILB last year in McCune.

Archived