Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky Vs. Deqwell

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Skins needed a fast WLB; that's why they targeted Rocky. Our MLB position is fine: Marshall, McCune, Simon (7th round). WLB was a weakness with Holdman and Clemons.

I thought Deqwell was faster than Rocky.I'm probably wrong though.

I voted Rocky before the draft (see the Perfect Draft thread) and I'm sticking by it. I am a Terp season ticket holder and love Jackson but I think Rocky fits what we are looking for more.

I also don't like the idea of moving Marshall again just after he became comfortable in the middle at the end of last year. He really became a force. Plus we drafted an ILB last year in McCune.

I think Deqwell could be just as "versatile" as Rocky.

This pick made are Miami guys happy so that's a plus.

I thought Deqwell was faster than Rocky.I'm probably wrong though.

I think Deqwell could be just as "versatile" as Rocky.

This pick made are Miami guys happy so that's a plus.

Rocky ran a 4.60 vs D'Qwell's 4.78 for what it is worth. Jackson is a serious player though and I think his instincts make up for his 40 time.

Rocky ran a 4.60 vs D'Qwell's 4.78 for what it is worth. Jackson is a serious player though and I think his instincts make up for his 40 time.

Thanks for posting that.I had no idea Rocky was quicker.I have come to my own conclusion that we wanted Rocky the whole time.At first I was thinking we wanted Deqwell. I was happy with the pick and lets hope he does as well as the other Miaimi LB's that have came out.

Easy: Rocky. People here who like DQwell are being homers. DQwell is an ILB. We dont need that. We got Lemar holding it down for us on the inside. We needed an outside LB and we got one in Rocky.

Agreed. Take a peek at my sig.

D'Qwell is a great player and partially responsible for some of the success that Merriman had at MD. However he is best suited to be an ILB on a 3-4 team. Playing MLB (with typical responsibilities) on a 4-3 team is a lot to ask of any rookie. Although I could have seen Marshall playing WLB calling the plays with Dqwell at MLB. But at this stage having Marshall at that spot for another year will continue to build continuity/consistency.

Easy: Rocky. People here who like DQwell are being homers. DQwell is an ILB. We dont need that. We got Lemar holding it down for us on the inside. We needed an outside LB and we got one in Rocky.

This post has nothing to do with who is better.

Try reading before posting.

Guest santana4prez

If Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams think so highly to trade up for Rocky Mcintosh than I think he is better than Jackson. I trust Gibbs And Williams and they wanted this guy like they wanted Chris Cooley in 2004.

This post has nothing to do with who is better.

Try reading before posting.

Maybe you need to learn how to read. I guess at UMD they dont teach you guys how to read eh? Next time try to read slowly. Maybe then you'll understand. Dont feel bad though. Not everyone's comprehension is great. You are a prime example of what happens when they let sp-eds into 4-year colleges.

d'qwell jackson averaged something completely ridiculous like 13 tackles per game, was first team all acc, acc defensive player of the year, led the acc in tackles again, etc

i doubt the browns went wrong picking him

as to you U fans (btw, the U is in the acc now), all i can say is kellen winslow jr

d'qwell jackson averaged something completely ridiculous like 13 tackles per game, was first team all acc, acc defensive player of the year, led the acc in tackles again, etc

i doubt the browns went wrong picking him

as to you U fans (btw, the U is in the acc now), all i can say is kellen winslow jr

Kellen Winslow Jr.?

How about Sean Taylor (SAME draft), Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Edgerring James, and Willis McGahee? Just to name a few...

Can you name anywhee near as many top-level Maryland alumni currently in the NFL? You have Shawne Merriman... not too much else.

That having been said, you are clearly a Terp homer. As for D'Qwell and Rocky... they're pretty comparable LBs and we'll have to wait and see who does better.

Dqwell Jackson was Acc defensive player of the year...

Rocky was honorable mention All Acc, not first team, not second team, but honorable mention...

I guarantee that at least 75% of the people who voted for Rocky have never even watched him play an entire game. (this poll is pretty much useless)

-people will vote for Rocky because of the other Miami players we have on the team

and

-because he is who we picked, therefore they want to believe that he's better than Dqwell.

Dqwell could play inside or outside linebacker and if he wasn't drafted by cleveland there's no way we woulda passed on him...

:logo:

Kellen Winslow Jr.?

How about Sean Taylor (SAME draft), Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Edgerring James, and Willis McGahee? Just to name a few...

Can you name anywhee near as many top-level Maryland alumni currently in the NFL? You have Shawne Merriman... not too much else.

That having been said, you are clearly a Terp homer. As for D'Qwell and Rocky... they're pretty comparable LBs and we'll have to wait and see who does better.

Anquan Boldin was a Seminole. But I agree with what you are trying to say. The Terps homers are ridiculous. They think that we traded up to possibly get DQwell. Thats totally false. Joe Gibbs at the press conference said that the trade with the Jets would only go through if Rocky was still available. If he wasn't, then the trade wouldn't have gone through. No, we did not want DQwell Jackson. Get over it.

Archived