Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade up to the 4th round...

skins84

I really think we should try to trade up to get into the top of the 4th round...

-before you say "no way, we need our picks next year" here's why I think this...

There is still a good amount of quality players left in this draft, most of whom will be gone by the end of the fourth round, and this could be our chance to get a steal in a later round.

The way I see it, it can't be too hard to get a 4th round pick, so why not try to get one of these guys who somehow slipped to the second day of the draft. All of these guys could have easily been first day picks.

Gabe Watson DT Michigan

Darnell Bing S USC

Ko Simpson DB South Carolina

Rodrique Wright DT Texas

Elvis Dumervil DE Louisville

Leon Washington RB Florida State

Dwayne Slay SS Texas Tech

Pat Watkins FS Florida State

Eric Henderson DE Georgia Tech

Orien Harris Dt Miami

Anwar Phillips CB Penn State

Marcus Vick QB Viginia Tech :D (just kiddin)

:logo:

That's a pretty solid list of players, although I wouldn't really put much thought into trading up for Slay, Watkins, Dumervil, Washington, or Henderson.

Bing, Wright, Harris, Watson and Simpson, though, could all be contributors on our team. I'd really like to get one of those DTs to fit in there with Cornelius and Big Joe...

Its hard to imagine the skins being able to trade up and get a pick in the 4th round, especially considering the team doesnt have any disgruntled players on the block to offer in a package. The only thing I think the skins could do would be to trade next years first rounder to someone crappy for their second and maybe 4th next year and an early 4th rounder this year. Not to say that I would like having to wait 6 hours to see the first redskin picked in next years draft, but it is always an option.

That's a pretty solid list of players, although I wouldn't really put much thought into trading up for Slay, Watkins, Dumervil, Washington, or Henderson.

Bing, Wright, Harris, Watson and Simpson, though, could all be contributors on our team. I'd really like to get one of those DTs to fit in there with Cornelius and Big Joe...

I agree about DT. We definitely need some depth there. I have concerns about Griff and Big Joe making it through the entire season without injury.

But I'd rank our needs as 1) CB, 2) DT and 3) OL.

Hail!:logo:

One of those DT's thrown into our mix would help out alot, but there is no need to trade up. Those guys fell for a reason, a reason we may never know but no need to get antsy now, just wait and pick when its your turn. We have 5 picks left and we can get maybe 1 or 2 of those late round gems. We will also sign 11 rookie FA's afterwards and maybe find 1 there as well.

In the 5th Best avalible defensive lineman

2 6ths and 2 7ths BPA on there board reguardless of position, maybe a kicker and punter in the 7th just for some competition.

I agree about DT. We definitely need some depth there. I have concerns about Griff and Big Joe making it through the entire season without injury.

But I'd rank our needs as 1) CB, 2) DT and 3) OL.

Hail!:logo:

Don't forget about nabbing either a punter or kicker

i too would love to trade into the fourth round but it isnt worth it, on a percentage of premium points, trading into the fourth round is the most expensive trades in the draft. Everyone is trying to get a fourth "first day quality" player, and they will overpay. And every team is trying to get that extra first day player. So however ante's up the most gets to move up.

And because a fourth round pick is worth b/w 112 and 44 points, and it would be necessary to include a three next year just to get up to the top of the fourth round because a three next year would be valued as a middle fourth rounder this year. In order to move up from 5th to 1st in the fourth round requires at a minimuim the last pick in the fifth round, but because most teams dont have such a high fourth and such a low fifth, the fifth rounder is probably high, their is a huge premium on a high fourth round pick in the perspective of the premium a team will pay for one. In fact, its nearly impossible to trade up in the fourth round w/o overpaying based on the pick value chart. And when u say that we have 2 or three 5th rounders and we could trade those, take into account that the first three picks in the fifth round alone do not add up to the first pick in the fourth round, are three fifth rounders, assuming one is high, one medium, one low, it adds up to only a low fourth round pick.

Low round picks are a gamble, wouldnt we rather take three rolls of the dice instead of one?

Right now, we are in a position to trade to get our pick we gave up to the Broncos for Campbell. By sending them our 5th(153) and 6th(173), we could get the Broncos 4th(119). The points are 30.2 + 22.2=(52.4)=(56)

There is always the possibility that we will package the same two picks for a lower fourth rounder.

Archived