Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Redskins Sidelines

RavenzSuck

Where do you watch the game at?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you watch the game at?

Do you guys remember this show? Glenn Brenner was the host. He was awesome. I have some fond memories of this show back in the 1980s. I remember one show when Johns Riggins stumbled on to the stage drunk. He was dressed in a tuxedo w/ top hat. He also had a band aid on his chin. Glenn asked him what happened to his chin. Riggins said that he fell in the parking lot on his way into the studio. I was pretty young when it aired but I believe that is what happened. Does anyone remember that episode? I think that it was such a hit because we didn't have too many resources to get Redskins news. Back then, we only had the nightly news and the Post. Now we have Comcast, internet, espn, and of course extremeskins.com.

Danny,

Bring it back. It was awesome!!!

Brenner was indeed the man and his death was the primary reason that show disappeared.

But I don't know what the point of bringing that show back would be if he's not around to host it.

Channel 9 has had various Redskins shows under different names since, but none have come close to what Brenner had going.

Ever since he died that entire operation has gone down the toilet and nobody watches it anymore.

George Michael has benefited a ton from Brenner not being around anymore. He's dominant not so much because he's that good but because Brenner's been gone.

Channel 9 hasn't come close to replacing him.

Glenn Brenner made "Redskins Sidelines" the show we all remember it to be.

Ch.9 could bring it back and have a show called "Redskins Sidelines". I'm sure they still have the rights to the name but if you don't have Glenn, it'll be just another Redskins show.

I don't see the need to bring it back.

My brother still has a videotape he made of Channel 9's tribute to Brenner; it's pretty touching -- and humorous.

Oddly enough I came across that in an old box of tapes about a year ago at my house. I had forgotten I taped that years ago. Definitely brought back some memories, and as you said is pretty touching and funny. Brenner was one of a kind. Had he been around longer I definitely think he could have been scooped up by ESPN or the like.

Come on now !!! Herzog would be perfect !!!

This reminded me of a time my wife and I were coming back from a cruise via Atlanta. The 1st class section of the plane we were on going back to D.C., was full of sports press including Sonny, Herzog and Sam. My wife stops at Herzog's seat and said "we watch your show every evening Mr. Brenner". Well, Sonny and Sam got hysterical and Herzog became un-glued! His face got all red and started to berate my wife for getting him and Glenn Brenner mixed up. Herzog went on a rant about how he was better looking, made more money and the like. Sonny and the gang was cracking up the whole time. Oh, but those were the days! :cheers:

• 6 years later...

I found this thread which predates this one:

Thread: Does anyone remember Redskins Sidelines w/Glenn Brenner???

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?135750-Does-anyone-remember-Redskins-Sidelines-w-Glenn-Brenner

December-30th-2005 09:15 AM

Man I miss that show

I remember as a kid i was lucky enough to sit in the audience with my Ridell Redskins Joe Theismann outfit.

I wish i could find some old clips of the show....

anyone else have memories of the show?

^ - I didn't see how I could resurrect that one. Anyone?

Sknzfan:

December-30th-2005 11:19 AM

I got Tickets to the Show and Got to meet SONNY and BILL BRUNDIGE....it was a Real Highlight !!!

We might have been at the same one - Oct. 10.

I'll add this, signed tickets:

redskinsidelines.jpg

Do you guys remember this show? Glenn Brenner was the host. He was awesome. I have some fond memories of this show back in the 1980s. I remember one show when Johns Riggins stumbled on to the stage drunk. He was dressed in a tuxedo w/ top hat. He also had a band aid on his chin. Glenn asked him what happened to his chin. Riggins said that he fell in the parking lot on his way into the studio. I was pretty young when it aired but I believe that is what happened. Does anyone remember that episode? I think that it was such a hit because we didn't have too many resources to get Redskins news. Back then, we only had the nightly news and the Post. Now we have Comcast, internet, espn, and of course extremeskins.com.

Danny,

Bring it back. It was awesome!!!

I don't think I ever missed a show. Great, great TV.

I vaguely remember a "Countdown to Kickoff" type show in the 70s as well but can't remember who hosted it.

Archived