Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: TAYLOR JACOBS as a SAFETY or CB or Wasted, let us hear your opinion???

GibbssbbiG

(disclaimer: this poll is public, chuck will know your answer!) is chuck noprris:  

31 members have voted

1. 1. (disclaimer: this poll is public, chuck will know your answer!) is chuck noprris:

• A) amazing beyond belief
    • B) super fantabulous
    • C) super-human awsome
    • D) sub par at best

Poll: Taylor Jacobs as a SAFETY or CB or Wasted

As we all know, we only get 53 roster spots.

3 spots for ( LongSnapper, Kicker, Punter )

24 spots for ( Defense, 9 DLinemans, 7 LBs, 8 DBs )

3 spots for ( 3QBs )

23 spots for ( Offense, 9 OLinemans, 5 TE/FB/HB, 4 TB, 5 WRs )

5 WRs are ( SMoss, Randall, BLloyd, DPatten, JThrash )

8 DBs are ( SSprings, CRogers, STaylor, AArchuleta, PPrioleau, AJimoh, KWright, ?? )

I hope and I am crossing my fingers that the Superior Talent Evaluators team in Redskins Park ( Joe Gibbs, Gregg Williams, Louis Riddick, Don Warren, Al Saunders, Steve Jackson, and Jerry Gray ) will seriously consider a creative and out of the box project of converting Taylor Jacobs from WR to backup SAFETY or backup CB, instead of the conservative, lazy, and narrow minded move in simply cutting him on August.

--

Here are my reasons why:

1) Taylor Jacobs has good characters. At least, we have never heard any major negative about him at all.

2) Taylor Jacobs is a good practice player and plays hard during practise.

3) Taylor Jacobs has 4.3 speed and quickness. Taylor Jacobs can match or maybe even outran Santana Moss stride for stride.

4) Taylor Jacobs has a good size 6 ft. 202 lbs.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395990

5) By doing things out of the box and reversing the thinking pattern, Taylor Jacobs can see things from a different angle and triggers his own football smart and emerge as a dominant player be it as a DB or WR.

It takes a long time to hone one skills to become an excellent WR. Keenan McCardell is a perfect exhibit.

T.O. was not a dominant player until he had played for 4 seasons.

6) We spent the 2nd round, the 44th pick of 2003 draft to select Taylor Jacobs.

Taylor Jacobs was selected AHEAD of these dominant and excellent players, such as Anquan Boldin (WR, 54th pick), Osi Umenyiora (DE, 56th pick), L.J. Smith (TE, 61st pick), Chris Simms (QB, 97th pick), Domanick Davis (RB, 101st pick), Asante Samuel (CB, 120th pick), Brandon Lloyd (WR, 124th pick).

7) Let's stop the bleeding now. Joe Gibbs has been wasting and throwing away draft picks like some smelly, wet ****roaches since his arrival in 2004. Using the 3rd round, given to the JAX for Brunell, Joe Gibbs could be creative and swapped draft pick with Jaguars and other team to draft Nathan Vasher (CB, Bears), Jared Allen (DE, Chiefs). doh.gif

I hope Joe Gibbs and the Redskins team had learned the painful chain reactions lesson of giving away Champ Bailey and the 2004 2nd round, the 41st pick to the Broncos, and the 2004 3rd round to the Jaguars for Brunell, and getting only a paltry 6th round pick from the Jets for Patrick Ramsey ( Patrick was drafted in 2002 as a 1st round pick). doh.gif

The painful chain reactions lesson is: "In drafting and releasing any player, what you did in the past always influence and limit what you can do in the future."

Let's hear your opinion and feedback on this backup SAFETY or backup CB plan.

For those who think my proposal is stupid, then please explain clearly and logically why you disagree. Stop being lame by posting without explaining your position.

This is a truley stupid thread. Taylor Jacobs should be our Special Teams Player and 5th String Wide Reciever behind David Patten,Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, and Brandon Lloyd. Then we should cut Thrash. He is old and we basically have no use for him. I rather keep a wide reciever that was a 2nd round pick, has alot of talent, and his teammates say great things about him than a old veteran guy as much as I appreciate James Thrash and what he has done for us over the last 2 seasons.

Its an interesting argument but errmm NO

Here is why the draft is a lottary sometimes players pan out and sometimes they don't. Add that to a turn over in coching staff and change in philosophy sometimes there is wastageit happens throughout the NFL.

I am curious why you think you could just switch and under achieving WR to one of the hot spots on the defence. Has he ever played DB before? His stengths are speed and route running and aledgedly he has decent hands. Any decent NFL calibre DB must play with high confidence, strong discipline, recognition skills and being able to tackle . Only his speed would be useful in the trasition but DB need fluidity in thier movements. one of the reasons he has troubles as a WR is he has trouble getting separation , he has a problem with confidence and while he may have decent size for a WR - though he plays smaller - is that a asset as a DB. Most of the best DB are a little smaller but play bigger or are in the troy vincent mold where they can out muscle WR . It might be an intersting experiment but trying to salvage a player in a different possition simply because you drafted him in the second round is just dumb . You would be taking a roster place up on a guy playing out of position where as you could have a real development talent there like Demitri Patterson or Wilds was a few years ago.

I also want to know the painful chani reaction leason was. Giving away Bailey - who wasn't going to sign a contract here- and a second round pick for a mere RB who over two years has run for almost 3,000 yards and hold the single season rushing record for the franchise and a 3rd round pick for a Qb who has offered som stability to the possition and lead the team to the second round of the play offs .

I tire of everyone pointing to the draft of other teams sucesses and whinning The draft is a Lottary FA fills your needs these days

it's very hard to do. i know that troy brown did it, but i think he had some previous experience. i vote no on this, but it'd be nice if people didn't start out w/ "this is a stupid thread," etc.

besides, there is a good chance that tj would look spectacular in practice, only to get burned on a regular basis in game action. :silly:

Jacobs was drafted by Spurrier, the current coaching staff has no ties to him as far as the draft.

I'm surprised he's lasted this long under Gibbs. I haven't seen anything that would make me think he'll become a decent pro, although, I hope I'm wrong and he can have a good career somewhere......it's just not going to be here.

As far as changing to defense, I can't see that happening. Sure, Gibbs has seen it before, when Daryl Grant switched from O line to become a pretty good D lineman, but that was a rare exception in a different time.

Jacobs was drafted by Spurrier, the current coaching staff has no ties to him as far as the draft.

I'm surprised he's lasted this long under Gibbs. I haven't seen anything that would make me think he'll become a decent pro, although, I hope I'm wrong and he can have a good career somewhere......it's just not going to be here.

As far as changing to defense, I can't see that happening. Sure, Gibbs has seen it before, when Daryl Grant switched from O line to become a pretty good D lineman, but that was a rare exception in a different time.

and the switch from one side of the line to the other is nowhere near as complex.

I went to some games this season and being there you can get a better view of defensive coverages. In particular against the Raiders they weren't giving the CB any help over the top when checking Jacobs. He still couldn't separate or take advantage of the 1 on 1 coverage. The Raiders were focusing on Moss. I just don't see Jacobs lasting long in the NFL. He'd have to prove me wrong.

They said he had some good practices but you gotta show it on the field.

This is a truley stupid thread.

Please give the guy a break! At least it's not a LA thread or a thread that has already been posted. My reply is: Whatever Gibbs and Williams think! IF TJ can convert and play at a 7th or 8th spot level; great!

The comment on Thrash being cut is crazy. He is our best ST player and will be here at least two more years. I would be shocked if Thrash were cut.

i dont see the point to this thread whatsoever

I think you dont see the point because you didnt come up with it at least the guy is not posting something that has already been posted hes obvioiusly has thought this through and I for one applaud the effort

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Taylor Jacobs should be our Special Teams Player and 5th String Wide Reciever behind David Patten,Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, and Brandon Lloyd. Then we should cut Thrash. He is old and we basically have no use for him. I rather keep a wide reciever that was a 2nd round pick, has alot of talent, and his teammates say great things about him than a old veteran guy as much as I appreciate James Thrash and what he has done for us over the last 2 seasons.

You showed your ungrateful character and slammed your own mouth with a dirty toilet seat by stating you appreciate James Thrash contributions to the team for the last 2 seasons and yet, you want to ruthlessly cut him because he is old. whip.gif

1) James Thrash is not old. He is 31 yrs. young and still at his NFL prime.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1859

2) Did you forget that James Thrash on the special team plays repeatedly downed the ball inside the 5 yard line with such regularity during season after season?

3) Are you aware that Special team performances and field positions are so critical that they affect a team ability to win any game? Bill Belichick will not have his 3 SB trophies if Patriots has lousy Special Team.

4) Are you aware that James Thrash was awarded the game balls by Joe Gibbs numerously during the season?

5) Are you aware that James Thrash parking spot is very close to the main building entrance in Redskins Park? It is a testimony of how much the Redskins appreciate this guy.

6) Are you aware that James Thrash is a quintessential core Redskins by showing his leadership by examples all the time on and off the field.

Please give the guy a break! At least it's not a LA thread or a thread that has already been posted. My reply is: Whatever Gibbs and Williams think! IF TJ can convert and play at a 7th or 8th spot level; great!

The comment on Thrash being cut is crazy. He is our best ST player and will be here at least two more years. I would be shocked if Thrash were cut.

TLusby, thank you so much for defending my post. Mucho Gracias.

I think you dont see the point because you didnt come up with it at least the guy is not posting something that has already been posted hes obvioiusly has thought this through and I for one applaud the effort

claps.gifclaps.gifclaps.gif

skinsfan1992, many thanks for defending my post. Mucho Gracias.

---

I always truly appreciate all those Kind and Intelligent Redskins fans who always care to explain their position when they comment on other people's post.

cheers.gif

Hail to the Kind and Intelligent Redskins fans everywhere.

hahahahaha.... TJ at cb hahahahahaha

thats funny. I like jacobs and i hope we keep him to play reciever. But it sounds so crazy it just might work. We should have made the switch two years ago if we wanted him to play d. And we are gonna draft cromartie (please lord) or griffin so we will be straight at cornerback.

I am curious why you think you could just switch and under achieving WR to one of the hot spots on the defence. Has he ever played DB before? His stengths are speed and route running and aledgedly he has decent hands.

Any decent NFL calibre DB must play with high confidence, strong discipline, recognition skills and being able to tackle . Only his speed would be useful in the trasition but DB need fluidity in thier movements. one of the reasons he has troubles as a WR is he has trouble getting separation , he has a problem with confidence and while he may have decent size for a WR - though he plays smaller - is that a asset as a DB.

Most of the best DB are a little smaller but play bigger or are in the troy vincent mold where they can out muscle WR.

5) By doing things out of the box and reversing the thinking pattern, Taylor Jacobs can see things from a different perspective and triggers his own football smart and emerge as a dominant player be it as a DB or WR.

It takes a long time to hone one skills to become an excellent WR. Keenan McCardell is a perfect exhibit.

T.O. was not a dominant player until he had played for 4 seasons.

5.1) Have you ever tried to solve a problem but you are stuck no matter how hard you think?

Then something triggers you to change the angle on how you observe the problem.

Then suddenly bam, you discover the solution that had escaped you all this time.

Taylor Jacobs biggest obstacle is playing the game mentally, because God knows he has all the physical tools. It is a fact that human brain is working mysteriously.

Since Taylor Jacobs biggest problem is getting the separation from a DB, then maybe we can turn his weakness into a strength. It is worthwhile to experiment during the off season by reversing Taylor Jacobs' playing situation, who knows he will guard and shadowing a WR like a glue. Redskins has nothing to lose.

It might be an intersting experiment but trying to salvage a player in a different possition simply because you drafted him in the second round is just dumb . You would be taking a roster place up on a guy playing out of position where as you could have a real development talent there like Demitri Patterson or Wilds was a few years ago.

The Redskins Superior Talent Evaluators team can judge him during this off season if this plan is promising or not. If not, then we cut TJ on AUG 2006. The 53 man roster spots is such a handicapped for any team staffed with the creative coaches.

I also want to know the painful chani reaction leason was. Giving away Bailey - who wasn't going to sign a contract here- and a second round pick for a mere RB who over two years has run for almost 3,000 yards and hold the single season rushing record for the franchise and a 3rd round pick for a Qb who has offered som stability to the possition and lead the team to the second round of the play offs.

Let's isolate the situation just on trading the draft pick issue. Do you notice that it is so easy for the Redskins (Joe Gibbs) to part with a draft pick as compare to the Jets (Mangini/MTannenbaum) when they pried PRamsey just for the 6th round pick?? The same pattern was happening with the Jaguars on Brunell.

It shows that the Redskins negotiators are inferior, weak and definitely not creative.

I tire of everyone pointing to the draft of other teams sucesses and whinning The draft is a Lottary FA fills your needs these days

If that statement is completely true, then why do we have the much celebrated NFL draft??

Are all these people ( Bill Belichick, Patriots, Bears, Panthers, and so on ) wrong and stupid?

If Taylor Jacobs tried to tackle, say, Stephen Jackson - running a sweep with a full head of steam - he'd look like this afterwards.

440_auto.accident.jpg

Ouch..... ya i could see him lookin worse than that depending on who it was that he tried to tackle..... sellers in practice..... jacobs would die

Archived