Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The face of the Redskins"

flexxskins

We have all heard this term used before, but the person that it hasbeen associated with during these more recent years is no longer a Redskin. Therefore, a few questions have dawned on me and I figured you guys would be the best at answering them. :)

1. What do you think the requirements should be to become the "the face of the Redskins?" Should you have to have at least three pro-bowls on your resume?

2. Who, (in your opinion)was considered "the face of the Redskins" before Mr.Arrington? D.Green? ;)

3. Last but not least, if you had to choose a player today to wear such a title, who would it be?

In our case, I think it's already been a done deal. There are many worthy's (just IMO) Brunell as a leader, Moss as a unpretentious talent, and marcus Washington as a blue-collar do-it-right warrior. But CP has been awarded that "face-of-the-Redskins" crown by the vast majority of our fans and football fans in general, and even the media, as far as I can tell.

In our case, I think it's already been a done deal. There are many worthy's (just IMO) Brunell as a leader, Moss as a unpretentious talent, and marcus Washington as a blue-collar do-it-right warrior. But CP has been awarded that "face-of-the-Redskins" crown by the vast majority of our fans and football fans in general, and even the media, as far as I can tell.

CP has the off-the-wall personality and performance on the field required to really stand out as the face of the franchise.

Marcus Washington is probably more qualified to be considered 'representative' of the defense as a whole and the leader of that unit. Brunell, of course, is the leader of our offense with Jon Jansen arguably being the guy who represents the spirit of the unit. Santana is just an amazing highlight reel player with a great personality...

I agree that Clinton has the popularity thing in his favor. I personally would just like that Darrell Green type of player. The type of player that you know is going to be a Redskin for life. I know that there is no way in hell of telling who that could possibly be and in this day and age if there is still even such a person around and it is probably futile to even hope for such a thing. But, for some strange reason, Marcus Washington comes the closest to that type of player IMO.

Face of the Redskins...simple. Joe Gibbs.

not a player, but he is, and has been the face of the redskins for years, and will be for years to come....even when he no longer coaches :D .

besides "JOE" ..who is "THE REDSKINS"

#47 Chris Cooley comes to mind.. ..A TRUE BALLER!!!!!!!!

Gibbs type of character .....

who wants to disagree with that.....

CP, but Portis & Moss seem to like working together, so it could be both of em....if Campbell turns out to be halfway decent, it could be another triplets situation (even though I hate the idea of comparing them to any Cowboys players...but the scenario could apply..)

If we are going with a player, how about Jon Jansen? He's now been around the longest, unless Samuels has a year on him. He does the national stuff on ESPN. He is well spoken and seems to be media and fan friendly. I know its hard with an O-Lineman because they are not as "flashy". I really think Jansen deserves atleast a mention as Mr Redskin or as the face of the franchise. I also think his style of play and toughness lends itself more to the Redskins tradition. :2cents: :logo:

I like how you describe Moss as an "unpretentious talent." It's true. Moss works hard and performs the best he can without the mouth that's usually associated with WRs of his stature. In short, he gets straight to business.

But yes I do think that CP is the face of this organization. Not that he shouldn't be...he's a hard-working, blue-collar RB and he naturally draws the most media attention with his costumes and all.

And to answer the original question, I do think that DG was the face of the Redskins before Lavar came along.

Archived