Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Mortensen: Redskins are Best Team in NFC

CPstretch

You have to be an idiot to think that the media doesn't constantly berate the Redskins. They say we overspend on players who perform, but then when other teams pay even more they're getting a good deal. It's not paranoia; it's real. The media sucks whether they love us or hate us, because jumping on a bandwagon doesn't take back what was said before. And those things said were horrible and completely unjustified.

The Redskins went 10-6 because they are a great team. A team coming back from a crap start is, well, a great team. And yes, a lot of us DID believe that we'd end up 5-0. If you don't follow the Redskins/are too much of a homer, then you can't see the intangibles that are better prediction-backing evidence. No one thought that Moss would be as brilliant as he was? How about a three-time Super Bowl winning coach who did it with three "washed up" quarterbacks and teams full of cast-off players? You don't know our history. This is made abundantly clear by your completely ridiculous opinion that Monk doesn't deserve his own bust. Your twisted logic and obsession with being on another team's board (how many hundreds of posts do you have?) is pathetic.

Wow........very well said.........

And with Gibbs in charge, I can look forward to the Skins adding good young players in anyway possible - be it the draft, trades, or free agency. And I can look forward to seeing more of em in Washington than Dallas. But hey - it's been that way a while now.

Dont recall any player of note that Parcells wanted that he didnt get.

And with Gibbs in charge, I can look forward to the Skins adding good young players in anyway possible - be it the draft, trades, or free agency. And I can look forward to seeing more of em in Washington than Dallas. But hey - it's been that way a while now.

Crazy though how Gibbs has gotten everything he's asked for in players and coaches and when all is said and done, he won't have won a championship.

Crazy though how Gibbs has gotten everything he's asked for in players and coaches and when all is said and done, he won't have won a championship.

Maybe, maybe not. The thing Gibbs *can say* is he has coached a playoff win! Alot of teams cannot "say that." Can you?

You just "Don't get it" Shawn. The Skins lost starters on D everyyear since '03, but the D still manages "Top 10" status annually. The offense lose Gardner and Coles, but was *BETTER.* Good coaches have to factor in somewhere! The Skins as of now are a TEAM! Not a bunch of assignment blowing, ESPN Highlight seeking, INDIVIDUALS! People are "PREDICTING" these Skins based on *THOSE* Skins! Got it now? Now to make *BETTER* predictions, use *Common Sense* fact measures. Example? The Skins finish '05 winning 6 of 7. They got better with their *NEEDS* filled. They are a good TEAM that cannot be stopped by "8 in the box" or just doubling Moss/Cooley. But the mediots would rather just lazily say "The Skins will be 7-9 because they lost....." No logic, no "common sense." This is "Common Sense" 101.

what's wrong with you. get a hold of yourself. no one is talking about skins of 2006. that's a different thread and different argument. we are talking about skins of 2005!!! as one would see them in August of 2005.

again. one thing you fail to understand in your passion for the skins is not to look into the future AFTER THE FACT. there was legitimate reason the skins defense would not be as good....remember the defense was 20 somthing in 2003. #3 in 2004...lost three starters....guess what....the defense wasn't as good. it was ranked NINE......there is proof. some thought it might be worse than it was....legitimatley. the defense gave 30 more yards per game. yes they ended up top 10 again...but those who thought this may not be a top 10 defense...had a right to think that the defense wasn't going to be as good....its a freaking prediction.....look it up in case you don't know the meaning of the word. and their prediction was wrong...or actually half wrong because most skins fans thought they had a top 3 defense again....they would be wrong too.

who knew outside of some washington circles that cooley would be as good has he was GOING TO BE...again looking into the future. there was no history of cooley being that good....who knew Moss was going to be that good outside of some washington circles!!!! there was no history of it!!! again not every opposing fan or sports writer spends 9987634 hours studing the skins as the skins fans and coaches do....they have to cover 32 teams.

even the washington area sports casters that I listen to doubted the skins as late as mid-season.....

no what you are arguing is about 2006....I am not going to start arguing about that point....the topic of the thread is...if you can get it to your head....wrong prediction about 2005 redskins back in AUGUST.....man, why is that so hard for you to understand.......2005...not 2006.....again....2005....not 2006.....back in august of 2005.

what's wrong with you. get a hold of yourself. no one is talking about skins of 2006. that's a different thread and different argument. we are talking about skins of 2005!!! as one would see them in August of 2005.

again. one thing you fail to understand in your passion for the skins is not to look into the future AFTER THE FACT. there was legitimate reason the skins defense would not be as good....remember the defense was 20 somthing in 2003. #3 in 2004...lost three starters....guess what....the defense wasn't as good. it was ranked NINE......there is proof. some thought it might be worse than it was....legitimatley. the defense gave 30 more yards per game. yes they ended up top 10 again...but those who thought this may not be a top 10 defense...had a right to think that the defense wasn't going to be as good....its a freaking prediction.....look it up in case you don't know the meaning of the word. and their prediction was wrong...or actually half wrong because most skins fans thought they had a top 3 defense again....they would be wrong too.

who knew outside of some washington circles that cooley would be as good has he was GOING TO BE...again looking into the future. there was no history of cooley being that good....who knew Moss was going to be that good outside of some washington circles!!!! there was no history of it!!! again not every opposing fan or sports writer spends 9987634 hours studing the skins as the skins fans and coaches do....they have to cover 32 teams.

First off, you don't predict a HOF coach goes from 6-10 to 4-12. Not one who has won 3 SB's.

Secondly, our defense is lead by Gregg Williams, a guy who perennially fields a top ten defense no matter where he goes. The fact that we finished top ten in 2004 despite the fact that we had several starters out for the year would have anyone with any sense making the assumption that even though we lost Pierce and Smoot, we'd still field a top ten defense.

Anybody who watched more than a couple of games could tell that Cooley has talent. You could tell Coles was done, and Gardner was way too inconsistent. Enter Moss, who wasn't used properly in NY, yet had a big dog YAC with noodle arm Pennington tossing him the rock, Patten, a guy who at the very least has made his limited number of touches count as well as was apparent by his TD's and YAC.

You would alse figure that Portis would, at the very least, reach another 1300 yard season. Yet judging by his time in Denver and noticing his talent, you would figure it wouldn't to hard to imagine him besting his 2004 numbers.

The lone question mark was how good would Ramsey be, and how would Brunell, who looked horrid in 2004, figure back into things.

Nowhere in any of that simple reasoning would one be inclined to predict a 4-12 season. Not a Joe Gibbs/Gregg Williams run team.

It doesn't take a whole lot of film study to see that.

you simply cannot argue that we got better in the offseason. we were a 2nd round playoff team and we made ourselves better. you have to consider us to be one of the top teams

The only counterpoint is Brunell. Sure, we all love him, but he didn't magically get a year younger. Let's just hope his body lasts one more year. I think it will, but the only way I see us getting worse or staying par is if injuries plague us.

what's wrong with you. get a hold of yourself. no one is talking about skins of 2006. that's a different thread and different argument. we are talking about skins of 2005!!! as one would see them in August of 2005. .

I know!!!!LOL I posted Dr. Z's "2005" Skins predict of "4-12!" Pay attention.

again. one thing you fail to understand in your passion for the skins is not to look into the future AFTER THE FACT. there was legitimate reason the skins defense would not be as good....remember the defense was 20 somthing in 2003. #3 in 2004...lost three starters....guess what....the defense wasn't as good. it was ranked NINE......there is proof.

No excuse!!! If the media gets paid? Then they should do a thorough job at "WHAT THEY ARE SELLING." That's *COMMON SENSE* 101! The '03 Skins defense went to '04, but lost starters Champ, Trotter, Armstead, Dalton, Chase, Ohalete......and even Bowen and Arrington. Your argument has major holes.

some thought it might be worse than it was....legitimatley. the defense gave 30 more yards per game. yes they ended up top 10 again...but those who thought this may not be a top 10 defense...had a right to think that the defense wasn't going to be as good....its a freaking prediction.....look it up in case you don't know the meaning of the word. and their prediction was wrong...or actually half wrong because most skins fans thought they had a top 3 defense again....they would be wrong too.

I have NOOO problem with a "Prediction." Its the UN-educated, or lazy non-factual ones I have a problem with! Its as if "Common sense" escapes them!

Cooley's 6td's in '04 wasn't an indicator he just may be good? Remember....."Common Sense!" Now about Moss? I didn't know.

even the washington area sports casters that I listen to doubted the skins as late as mid-season.....

no what you are arguing is about 2006....I am not going to start arguing about that point....the topic of the thread is...if you can get it to your head....wrong prediction about 2005 redskins back in AUGUST.....man, why is that so hard for you to understand.......2005...not 2006.....again....2005....not 2006.....back in august of 2005.

I started talking what the Dallas fan, Dr. Z. predicted based on Brunell what the Skins of '05 would be based on '04. His predict was a lazy crock! And i'll tell him to his face! 4 wins? Don't bet on Gibbs to tank that badly.....EVER! I know "'05" not '06! I started it about Dr. Z. Keep up!

I am sure a lot of people disagree with him. I do not of course, but I have predjudice. There will be the Sean Salisburys, and Wilbons, and others who will have others as favorites, but that's what I like about this season. There is no dominate team out there everyone thinks will win it all. I think this will be the most competetive season we will ever see thus far.

If we stay healthy, we will have as good a chance to represent the NFC as anyone.

Archived