Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Mortensen: Redskins are Best Team in NFC

CPstretch

Any fan with just a little bit of football knowledge would know that draft picks do not solidify a team. If you are counting heavily on young first year players then you are in trouble.

You kid you kid, oh...... your a kid that explains it.

Yeah I know.

Our rookies last season didnt help us at all.

But I digress.

Never did I say we are relying on our picks to put us over the top.

What I do know is that they will contribute a good deal.

Just as most of them have in Dallas since Parcells arrived.

It made a huge difference for Dallas last season.

With Parcells in charge, I'm getting used to the draft meaning a whole lot in Big D.

Wouldn't get too used to it considering Tuna has, what? Three minutes left on his contract?

Anyway, I agree with the people who think that some of us are being hypocritical when saying that Mort and Clayton are the only ones that know what they're talking about. Just because they agree with us a lot doesn't make them right, and just because others disagree with us doesn't make them wrong. Agreeing with us DOES make you well-liked, while disagreeing with us does make you, well, fat.

Wouldn't get too used to it considering Tuna has, what? Three minutes left on his contract?

Actually, he extended this offseason and added an extra year making the length a possible five seasons total.

Same as Gibbs.

Regardless, after this seasons draft, the pieces will be in place for a team that will contend for more than one or two seasons.

Don't get all gushy on this clown just because he made one statement you agree with. He'll probably slam Washington later. I don't care what they say as long as there is no obvious bias or denial of reality like Pasta and Petey spew out. But if you want the truth, DON'T wait to hear it from the media anyway.

:laugh: :laugh: I thought you guys didn't like the media/espn...? I thought they were all idiots? :cool:

Well when they say that the Redskins will do well, we all know its right, because we will..When he says that we are the best team in the nfc, he's right..

Guest santana4prez

I think the Skins and Boys have the best 2 teams in the NFC.

I cant wait to see our Skins beat down the Boys in 06.

Guest santana4prez
It made a huge difference for Dallas last season.

With Parcells in charge, I'm getting used to the draft meaning a whole lot in Big D.

I have to give props when they are due. The Cowboys had the best draft out of any team in 2005. I really did like the Canty pick last year , I was hoping the Skins would pick him up.

Actually, he extended this offseason and added an extra year making the length a possible five seasons total.

Same as Gibbs.

Regardless, after this seasons draft, the pieces will be in place for a team that will contend for more than one or two seasons.

I think I would have to disagree with the above statement.The Cowboys have no long term solution at QB and the offensive line has some issues.T O and Glenn are a little on the old side and may not be able to play at the same level for more than a year or two and that is without taking into account the possibility of T O becoming a very negative force .There are some issues in the secondary as well.Some of these areas could be improved upon in the up coming draft but I believe overall the Skins are a team with a few less holes.I know that Brunnell may not be the long term answer in Washington either but at least the Skins have the hope of Campbell as the future QB.

I like the fact that we are getting some respect. I am sure that people are going to be thinking that the skins' are going to let these comments get to their head. But we have Gibbs, Saunders, and G. Williams steering the ship. 3 men who know how to coach and get the best out of their players.

Do I think that we are the best team in the NFC? Until we are holding up that NFC championship trophy...NO.

Do we have the tools TO BE the best team in the NFC? With the fire power we have acquired so far this off season...HELL YES!

Part of me is glad to see that someone finally agrees with us that we're gonna be contenders this season......However.......Most of me wants the media morons to just keep bashing us so we can lay low and surprise alot of people. It'd be sweet to see how quickly their opinions change when they see this team play.

:helmet: HAIL!!!

Same as Gibbs.

Wait, what? When did this happen? Link? I still don't think that Parcells will stay for the life of any contract he signs. He's an amazing coach but he reminds me of a top mercenary more than anyone with an allegiance.

I've gotta admit that your drafts have been pretty good, but, you have to recognize that we grew by leaps and bounds last year, and those were only baby steps for the next three or so years. I really wouldn't be surprised to have more Lombardis than anyone else by the end of the next five years.

Apparently, Dirk doesnt think the draft matters.

Might as well rank 'em all right now.

Well I was talking more about the we like em when they like us part. I would agree that the draft probably wont make a MAJOR impact on next year. Not for most of the top teams anyway, because they will have lower picks, obviously.

Its great that we're getting all this respect (finally). And I got faith that we'll go deeeeep in the post-season. But are people jumping the gun a little? I mean, we do have all these amazing offensive weapons and a first-class defense, but there is still a massive question mark at QB. Brunell showed that he was still a viable qb last season-- until he got banged up, and then we got a flashback to '04 Brunell. And Campbell may be the QB of the future, but he's still unproven. Can we true, realistic Skins fans really rate our beloved team so highly with this issue over our heads?

Hmmm, when the media talk bad about the skins they are idiots.

When the media give props to the Redskins they are genius.

Whatever...it's friggin April, the chances of Mortensen being correct in stating the Redskins are the best team in the NFC has a 1/16 chance in becoming fact...

Archived