Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Mortensen: Redskins are Best Team in NFC

CPstretch

again. one thing you fail to understand in your passion for the skins is not to look into the future AFTER THE FACT. there was legitimate reason the skins defense would not be as good....remember the defense was 20 somthing in 2003. #3 in 2004...lost three starters....guess what....the defense wasn't as good. it was ranked NINE......there is proof. some thought it might be worse than it was....legitimatley.

Are you talking about Brokeback Nation as these people that thought the D would be worse than 9??? To show you how much time and effort Dr. Z put into his predictions, he got ONE playoff team out of six in the NFC correct. The teams that did actually make the playoffs he predicted would have a combined 40-56 record. In 3 of the 4 divisions he predicted a playoff team that ended up making the playoffs would finish last . He didn't get one single division winner correct.

Now onto what everybody outside of Brokeback Nation knew going into last year. The Skins biggest issue since 2000 has been coaching turnover. The fact that we kept the coaching staff together for the first time in 6 years was significant. 2005 was the first time that the same defensive coordinator had been with the Skins in consecutive years. You also gloss over the fact that the Skins had gotten better as 2004 went along. The team was better at the end of the year than they had been in the beginning.

You also stress the loss of Smoot and Pierce being significant but don't count the fact that we had just as much expectation that having Lavar back would be just as significant. Ironically none of it was significant in the end but it just shows that you love to focus on the negative without giving any credence to the positives. Just because you think it is reasonable to think that something is FACT doesn't make it so. The game has not passed Joe Gibbs by and that is FACT no matter how much you or anybody else that hasn't paid a lick of attention wants to claim that it has.

Are you talking about Brokeback Nation as these people that thought the D would be worse than 9??? To show you how much time and effort Dr. Z put into his predictions, he got ONE playoff team out of six in the NFC correct. The teams that did actually make the playoffs he predicted would have a combined 40-56 record. In 3 of the 4 divisions he predicted a playoff team that ended up making the playoffs would finish last . He didn't get one single division winner correct.

Now onto what everybody outside of Brokeback Nation knew going into last year. The Skins biggest issue since 2000 has been coaching turnover. The fact that we kept the coaching staff together for the first time in 6 years was significant. 2005 was the first time that the same defensive coordinator had been with the Skins in consecutive years. You also gloss over the fact that the Skins had gotten better as 2004 went along. The team was better at the end of the year than they had been in the beginning.

You also stress the loss of Smoot and Pierce being significant but don't count the fact that we had just as much expectation that having Lavar back would be just as significant. Ironically none of it was significant in the end but it just shows that you love to focus on the negative without giving any credence to the positives. Just because you think it is reasonable to think that something is FACT doesn't make it so. The game has not passed Joe Gibbs by and that is FACT no matter how much you or anybody else that hasn't paid a lick of attention wants to claim that it has.

I am lost in regards to the brokeback nation comment? what does that have to do with predictions? Dr. Z sucks...if I haven't mentioned that...the point is that there were legitimate reasons to doubt the redskins. it wasn't only Dr. Z...several others had picked the redskins to finish 3rd or 4th in the division and a lot were guessing between 6-10 and 8-8.

like I said....its a prediction....those same people picked the eagles to finish first with 11-5 record and dallas to be 4th team in the division with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

I know!!!!LOL I posted Dr. Z's "2005" Skins predict of "4-12!" Pay attention.

exactly that's Dr. Z...he didn't LIE...he made a foolish PREDICTION....you mentioned that he LIED....

No excuse!!! If the media gets paid? Then they should do a thorough job at "WHAT THEY ARE SELLING." That's *COMMON SENSE* 101! The '03 Skins defense went to '04, but lost starters Champ, Trotter, Armstead, Dalton, Chase, Ohalete......and even Bowen and Arrington. Your argument has major holes.

I agree, but the facts are that the media doesn't do their homework...there are very few that do...most of them cater to the masses and just talk about the 30,000 ft view....unfortunate but fact....there are a few who dig into each team and give thorough analysis.

I have NOOO problem with a "Prediction." Its the UN-educated, or lazy non-factual ones I have a problem with! Its as if "Common sense" escapes them!

same here......

Cooley's 6td's in '04 wasn't an indicator he just may be good? Remember....."Common Sense!" Now about Moss? I didn't know.

Bubba franks had 7 tds, daniel graham had 7 TDs, TEs may get a bunch of TDs mostly close to the end zone, due to mismatches they create. He had an average Rookie year. he didn't take the league by storm. he probably would have gotten better as he did, but how much better....I won't list all the rookies that came into the league...had average to above average year and then fizzled the next year or had average careers. you simply can't tell....but then again the redskins fandom knows everything.

I started talking what the Dallas fan, Dr. Z. predicted based on Brunell what the Skins of '05 would be based on '04. His predict was a lazy crock! And i'll tell him to his face! 4 wins? Don't bet on Gibbs to tank that badly.....EVER! I know "'05" not '06! I started it about Dr. Z. Keep up!

he is not a cowboys fan..(I hope not). Dr. Z is entertainement...not a source of valid material....most of them are....they are Entertainment.

I am lost in regards to the brokeback nation comment? what does that have to do with predictions?

I don't know, maybe because Cowboy fans have a tendancy to downplay anything positive the Skins do and emphasize every flaw. It's the nature of fandom. I don't recall one single prognosticator, even Lenny the Hut or Petie Queen predicting the Skins defense would be significantly worse. The questions were always regarding the offense, and rightly so.

Its confirmation bias. People tend to look around for opinions that, regardless of the facts, are in line with their own. When they find ones that disagree, they toss them out and mark those people off as idiots, until they find someone that agrees, then they call him a smart person.

Now most talking heads and mediots are idiots, and are wrong most of the time. But then one says something right and everyone calls him smart, because it happens to be about the Redskins. We are quick to forgive and forget when someone is willing to agree with us.

Archived