2 yards

2004 Redskins

15/15 games played

89 tackles

56 solo

6 sacks

5 picks

117 yards

Obviously 04 was perhaps the best evidence that the pro bowl is based purely on popularity. My philosophy is {why would you want your players to get hurt in a game that has no signifcance? .......not for me broseph} Last years Springs was injured and played well nevertheless. However, redskins fan are forced to wonder if he is over the hill and on the decline? Or is this guy gonna have 3 more years left in the tank? Personally I would give him 2 more years at starting corner. Then one or two maybe in a nickel role.

I do think he is on the decline, but i think he will be a starter for another 2 years. He didnt look all that great last year, but he had some nagging injuries that made him worse. Expect him to make a resurgence next year. This is unless of course we get a great CB in the draft...then Springs will be out much sooner.

Take a look at my sig, there is his replacement! ANTONIO CROMARTIE!

Springs will start at #1 this year and next. Rogers will be #2 this year and next year. Next year about midway/end of season I can see Springs getting more S time and Cromartie moving to the #2 CB. Springs will finish his contract with us and then retire a skin. ending his career being a S.

Well, I honestly don't see him lasting another three years in the league period. Two tops. He will start this season and play nickle next year and then he will retire a Redskin. His knees will not last forever and he is already getting prone to injury.

I think we should draft a young corner so that he will play opposite Rogers next year.

He wont last 3 as a starter. I give him 1-2 left as a starter, and then another 2 or so as a backup CB/S.

Did you all forget about Darrell Green? If Springs spend each offseason focusing on staying healthy and in shape, and concentrates during the season (during practices/days off) on rehabing any injury he has he will be fine. If he does that, and is smart off the field too, I see him being able to start for 3 more years

Did you all forget about Darrell Green? If Springs spend each offseason focusing on staying healthy and in shape, and concentrates during the season (during practices/days off) on rehabing any injury he has he will be fine. If he does that, and is smart off the field too, I see him being able to start for 3 more years

Yes, but DG is the exception not the rule, I think. He was one of nature's great wonders. :laugh:

I'd give Springs 1 or 2 seasons starting, then a year or two at nickle. I'd love to have him retire a Redskin, he's a great player and seems like a good guy. :)

Well lets analyze the data: #24 cb Shawn Springs 30 6'0 204

2005 Redskins

15/15 games played

51 tackles

45 solo

0 sacks

1 picks

2 yards

2004 Redskins

15/15 games played

89 tackles

56 solo

6 sacks

5 picks

117 yards

Obviously 04 was perhaps the best evidence that the pro bowl is based purely on popularity. My philosophy is {why would you want your players to get hurt in a game that has no signifcance? .......not for me broseph} Last years Springs was injured and played well nevertheless. However, redskins fan are forced to wonder if he is over the hill and on the decline? Or is this guy gonna have 3 more years left in the tank? Personally I would give him 2 more years at starting corner. Then one or two maybe in a nickel role.

SPRINGS SHUT DOWN HIS SIDE of the field.....thats why average numbers, he is NOT on a decline..............he defined "SHUT DOWN" corner last year; EVERYONE AVOIDED HIM.........thats whats up

SPRINGS SHUT DOWN HIS SIDE of the field.....thats why average numbers, he is NOT on a decline..............he defined "SHUT DOWN" corner last year; EVERYONE AVOIDED HIM.........thats whats up

truth. other teams went after carlos and walt "disney" harris. Why would he move to saftey when we have ST and arch?

Springs is on the decline? No way, before the hammy injury nobody would dare throw in his direction. I expect to see Springs and Rogers as our starters for the next 2-3 years. And as to Rogers replacing him as #1, well, we don't have that here. Springs plays left side, Rogers right. If R Moss lines up left Springs will play him, right Rogers will play him. We don't really distinguish between 1st and 2nd corners in this defense.

truth. other teams went after carlos and walt "disney" harris. Why would he move to saftey when we have ST and arch?

Agreed. In 04 we had Smoot and Springs, both having excellent speed, cover skills and experience. Last year, Walt was seriously slow and Rogers was green as grass so why test Springs? I believe that accounts for the numbers drop he had this year.

Archived