Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Springs last for 3 more years ?

EliMustDie28

Take a look at my sig, there is his replacement! ANTONIO CROMARTIE!

Springs will start at #1 this year and next. Rogers will be #2 this year and next year. Next year about midway/end of season I can see Springs getting more S time and Cromartie moving to the #2 CB. Springs will finish his contract with us and then retire a skin. ending his career being a S.

assuming we get cromartie

Shawn Springs has already had a long career as a starting corner in this league. Think of all the Pro Bowl corners of the past decade... they tend to be guys who peak early in their careers and experience a slow descent into mediocrity as they get older. For example, guys like Sam Madison, Samari Rolle, Patrick Surtain... they're all solid players still, but are no longer the stars they once were. Springs's 2004 season was an indication that he's still got some gas in the tank, but I wouldn't expect more than this season and next for him to be a lock at starter. The question is whether we draft for the future this year by picking and developing a corner, or whether we draft another position and address the need for another corner in free agency or through a subsequent draft and then phase him out as a starter, like with Walt Harris and Carlos Rogers (although that was a different situation, because Walt Harris was not anyone's first pick to start last season anyway).

Well lets analyze the data: #24 cb Shawn Springs 30 6'0 204

2005 Redskins

15/15 games played

51 tackles

45 solo

0 sacks

1 picks

2 yards

2004 Redskins

15/15 games played

89 tackles

56 solo

6 sacks

5 picks

117 yards

Obviously 04 was perhaps the best evidence that the pro bowl is based purely on popularity. My philosophy is {why would you want your players to get hurt in a game that has no signifcance? .......not for me broseph} Last years Springs was injured and played well nevertheless. However, redskins fan are forced to wonder if he is over the hill and on the decline? Or is this guy gonna have 3 more years left in the tank? Personally I would give him 2 more years at starting corner. Then one or two maybe in a nickel role.

Springs is 31 not 30. Didn't you go to his birthday party?

Yes, he will start until the end of his contract. A lot of you guys are in too big a hurry to push guys out the door. Springs was a SHUTDOWN CORNER for us LAST SEASON. Given how well he has performed the last two years, he should be our starter for the next several years.

Archived