Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Old Redskins in the Arena League

jimster

I know a lot of people like the "where are they now threads."

I came across this list of old NFL players now in the Arena League.

Rufus Brown, San Jose SaberCats Washington (2004)

Delbert Cowsette, New York Dragons Washington (2001-02)

Chad Dukes, Philadelphia Soul Washington (2000), Jacksonville (2000)

Bernard Holsey, Austin Wranglers N.Y. Giants (1996-99), Indianapolis (2000), New England (2002), Washington (2003)

Kelvin Kinney, Columbus Destroyers Washington (1997-98)

Greg Scott, Grand Rapids Rampage Washington (2002), Cincinnati (2004)

Jamin Elliott, Georgia Force Chicago (2002)

Justin Skaggs, Utah Blaze Washington (2002)

couple other familiar names....

Robert Thomas, Georgia Force Dallas (1998-2002)

Clint Stoerner, Nashville Kats Dallas (2000-01)

Alonzo Spellman, Las Vegas Gladiators Chicago (1992-97), Dallas (1999-2000), Detroit (2001)

Bill Gramatica, Tampa Bay Storm Arizona (2001-03), Miami (2004)

Joe Germaine, Utah Blaze St. Louis (1999), Kansas City (2001), Cincinnati (2002-03), San Diego (2004)

Woody Dantzler, Chicago Rush Dallas (2002), Atlanta (2003)

Stoney Case, San Jose SaberCats Arizona (1995-98), Baltimore (1999), Detroit (2000)

James Cannida, Dallas Desperados Tampa Bay (1998-2001), Indianapolis (2002)

Michael Bishop, Chicago Rush New England (2000)

Bill Gramatica, Tampa Bay Storm Arizona (2001-03), Miami (2004).................Michael Bishop, Chicago Rush New England (2000)

I hate the Gramaticas, they are/were soo annoying. As a side note, i was always a fan of Michael Bishop, too bad he didnt make it in the NFL. neat post though:cheers:

Guest santana4prez

I thought Woddy Dantzler was a steal when the Boys drafted him. I thought he was gonna be a WR/KR but he busted.

if the the skins had a AFL team, i would want it to be the Sentinels from the move "the replacements"....that would be great if the uniforms and everything was identical

I believe I remember hearing that Snyder owns the rights to the name Washington Warriors, so it could happen someday. - I'd watch if we had a home team.

...what's weird is the National Conference Eastern division includes NY, Philly and Dallas. - They're just begging for Washington to join.

Yea, if DC got an AFL team that was as blatantly a copy of the Skins as the Dallas Desperadoes are of the cowgirls, right down to the star logo, I could stop following Tampa. Offseason boredom and the fact that Im stuck in the Tampa area much of the year means all I can watch is the Storm. I even gave the AFL $6 to let me watch the last home game on my computer since they refused to put it on local tv. Too bad Gramatica couldnt make any extra points and they gave up an eight point lead right at the end, wasted my damn money as cool as it was to watch an entire game live on my comp. (although it was only 85% or so reliable, it showed all the halftime crap then cut off to download right at the 2nd half kickoff, missed a whole drive)

No Trung Canidate? :laugh: His speed should be a good fit in the dome game.

I probably have to go to a Storm game since I'm so bored. A friend of mine went to game last week and said it was so much fun.

Man that guy was such a bad pick up. Did Spurrier really push us to get rid of Stephen Davis to pick up THAT guy??? :doh:

No Trung Canidate? :laugh: His speed should be a good fit in the dome game.

I probably have to go to a Storm game since I'm so bored. A friend of mine went to game last week and said it was so much fun.

most of those guys play both ways, except the QB and kicker. So if you can't tackle or cover a receiver, I guess you're not going to make a team.

i remember when rufus brown came here for a chat before the season... i'm not 100% sure if it was him exactly, but still really cool nonetheless

I remember that too. That was really cool and he seemed so genuine in his sentiments about the skins. If it was him he sounded like one solid dude.

Archived