Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Program Alert: NFL Network

LD0506

What is your favorite SNL political impersonation?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite SNL political impersonation?

• Gerald Ford (Chevy Chase)
    • Jimmy Carter (Dan Akroyd)
    • Ronald Reagan (Randy Quaid)
    • Ronald Reagan (Phil Hartman)
    • Michael Dukakis (Jon Lovitz)
    • George H. W. Bush (Dana Carvey)
    • Ross Perot (Dana Carvey)
    • James Stockdale (Phil Hartman)
    • Bill Clinton (Phil Hartman)
    • Newt Gingrich (Chris Farley)
    • George W. Bush (Will Ferrell)
    • Bill Clinton (Darrell Hammond)
    • Bob Dole (Norm McDonald)
    • Al Gore (Darrell Hammond)
    • John Kerry (Seth Meyers)
    • Other

While looking ahead this week I saw that the NFL Network has all afternoon on Friday the 14th scheduled for Skins shows-the championship years, the playoff games with TB and Seattle, etc. Just wanted to give a headsup to all you DVR and TiVo owners so you can make sure to get in on your To Do list (now if I can just figure out how to pipe 'em from the DVR to my computer so I can burn 'em onto discs I'll be set).

(now if I can just figure out how to pipe 'em from the DVR to my computer so I can burn 'em onto discs I'll be set).

You need to download version 7.2.2 from tivo, that will let you be able to connect to ethernet instead of the phone line to update the listings. Then you go to Tivo.com and download the Tivo desktop software, and as long as the TiVo and your computer are connected to the same router, you can listen to music from your computer on your TV and can transfer recordings from your Tivo to your computer.

While looking ahead this week I saw that the NFL Network has all afternoon on Friday the 14th scheduled for Skins shows-the championship years, the playoff games with TB and Seattle, etc. Just wanted to give a headsup to all you DVR and TiVo owners so you can make sure to get in on your To Do list (now if I can just figure out how to pipe 'em from the DVR to my computer so I can burn 'em onto discs I'll be set).

If you or anyone you know have a digital video camera you can record from the dvr to the camera and then put it into your computer...its easy even if you have windows movie maker

You need to download version 7.2.2 from tivo, that will let you be able to connect to ethernet instead of the phone line to update the listings. Then you go to Tivo.com and download the Tivo desktop software, and as long as the TiVo and your computer are connected to the same router, you can listen to music from your computer on your TV and can transfer recordings from your Tivo to your computer.

Anybody know how to do this for DirecTV DVR? BTW, I have my DVR set up to automatically record anything with the word "Redskins" in the title or description. I was looking at my "to record" list and saw a lot of entries for Friday. Thanks for the heads up. I need to check to make sure it's getting EVERYTHING.

For the people who have not been lucky enough or too poor to get tivo or a DVR, here is the schedule for Friday the 14th on the NFL Network:

12 p.m. -- Lost Treasures

An NFL Films series produced entirely from hundreds of hours of restored film footage and interviews not originally aired. From the early beginnings of NFL Films to the wild 70s and into today. More than 30 years after producing Three Cheers for the Redskins, the 1971 documentary that chronicled Coach George Allen's first season from training camp to the playoffs with the Washington Redskins, NFL FILMS catches up with several veteran players from that '71 team for behind-the-scenes anecdotes about the making of the film.

1 p.m. -- Game of the Week

2005 Washington Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles from 1/1/06 - Clinton Portis ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns as the Washington Redskins came to the Linc to beat the division rival Eagles and secure a Wild Card Playoff berth.

2 p.m. -- Game of the Week

2005 Wild Card: Washington Redskins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1/7/06 -The Redskins defense forced three turnovers and scored a touchdown, as Washington defeated Tampa Bay 17-10 in the wild card round of the NFC Playoffs at Raymond James Stadium.

3 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XVII: Washington Redskins vs Miami Dolphins - Redskins fullback John Riggins ran for 166 yards on 38 carries to spark the Redskins 27-17 victory over the Dolphins and earn him MVP honors. The win marked Washington's first NFL title since 1942.

3:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the 1982 Redskins finished the strike-shortened regular season 8-1. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Joe Theismann, the Redskins defeated the Lions (31-7), the Vikings (21-7) and the Cowboys (31-17) on their way to Super Bowl XVII.

4 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXII: Washington Redskins vs Denver Broncos - Redskins erupt in the second quarter, scoring 35 points, and defeat the Broncos 42-10. Quarterback Doug Williams passed for 340 yards and 4 touchdowns. Doug is the first African-American quarterback to win the Super Bowl and gains MVP honors.

4:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the Redskins finished the regular season 11-4. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Doug Williams, the Redskins defeated the Bears and Vikings on their way to Super Bowl XXII against the Broncos.

5 p.m. -- Game of the Week

Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins - 2003, Week 10 - Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck passed for 241 yards against Patrick Ramsey and the Redskins in a game that would be won on a trick play. From the Spurrier era?!?!?!

6 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXVI: Washington Redskins vs Buffalo Bills - Redskins quarterback Mark Rypien passed for 292 yards and two touchdowns earning game MVP honors as the Redskins defeated the Buffalo Bills 37-24.

6:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the Redskins finished the regular season 14-2 on their way to the playoffs and Super Bowl XXVI.

7 p.m. -- NFL Total Access

The signature show of NFL Network provides never seen before footage, exclusive interviews and inside access with the biggest names in the NFL through Team Cam.

8 p.m. -- NFL Films Presents

Explore the depth of the NFL Films archive with unique perspectives on football's greatest heroes and personalities as well as its history, humanity and humor. Hail to the Redskins stories include: Gibbs Essay, Bobby Mitchell, Sammy Baugh, John Riggins, George Preston Marshall.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0414

If you or anyone you know have a digital video camera you can record from the dvr to the camera and then put it into your computer...its easy even if you have windows movie maker

See I was thinking that would be the first easy attempt, we have a nice little digital cam but then I'm stuck with 1 hr chunks. We just got the DVR from DirectTV and I've been looking at it and my ethernet and thinkin "hmmmmmmm, there's gotta be a way!" I want this sorted out before the season gets going, because my wife made a point of telling ME the other day that we would be getting SundayTicket just because I enjoyed it so much. We got it last year as a promo for new subscribers (installed the Monday before opening day!) but I had been wondering how to broach the subject this year. She doesn't even like football, did I marry well this time or what? :laugh:

This Time?

how many is this?

Oh hell, I get called on this too? I'm not having a good weekend here.

#1 decided after 17 years that Bacardi n crack was more appealing

#2 was an absolute rebound thing best expressed by :doh: The best thing I can say is that it was thankfully shortlived

Third time's the charm, my wife (she says my real wife) is everything the others weren't- charming, deeply compassionate, intelligent and fun-loving, and is a ferocious Mom the cutest kid in the state.

See? Now you're sorry you asked, aren't you? :laugh:

For the people who have not been lucky enough or too poor to get tivo or a DVR, here is the schedule for Friday the 14th on the NFL Network:

12 p.m. -- Lost Treasures

An NFL Films series produced entirely from hundreds of hours of restored film footage and interviews not originally aired. From the early beginnings of NFL Films to the wild 70s and into today. More than 30 years after producing Three Cheers for the Redskins, the 1971 documentary that chronicled Coach George Allen's first season from training camp to the playoffs with the Washington Redskins, NFL FILMS catches up with several veteran players from that '71 team for behind-the-scenes anecdotes about the making of the film.

1 p.m. -- Game of the Week

2005 Washington Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles from 1/1/06 - Clinton Portis ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns as the Washington Redskins came to the Linc to beat the division rival Eagles and secure a Wild Card Playoff berth.

2 p.m. -- Game of the Week

2005 Wild Card: Washington Redskins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1/7/06 -The Redskins defense forced three turnovers and scored a touchdown, as Washington defeated Tampa Bay 17-10 in the wild card round of the NFC Playoffs at Raymond James Stadium.

3 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XVII: Washington Redskins vs Miami Dolphins - Redskins fullback John Riggins ran for 166 yards on 38 carries to spark the Redskins 27-17 victory over the Dolphins and earn him MVP honors. The win marked Washington's first NFL title since 1942.

3:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the 1982 Redskins finished the strike-shortened regular season 8-1. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Joe Theismann, the Redskins defeated the Lions (31-7), the Vikings (21-7) and the Cowboys (31-17) on their way to Super Bowl XVII.

4 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXII: Washington Redskins vs Denver Broncos - Redskins erupt in the second quarter, scoring 35 points, and defeat the Broncos 42-10. Quarterback Doug Williams passed for 340 yards and 4 touchdowns. Doug is the first African-American quarterback to win the Super Bowl and gains MVP honors.

4:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the Redskins finished the regular season 11-4. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Doug Williams, the Redskins defeated the Bears and Vikings on their way to Super Bowl XXII against the Broncos.

5 p.m. -- Game of the Week

Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins - 2003, Week 10 - Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck passed for 241 yards against Patrick Ramsey and the Redskins in a game that would be won on a trick play. From the Spurrier era?!?!?!

6 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXVI: Washington Redskins vs Buffalo Bills - Redskins quarterback Mark Rypien passed for 292 yards and two touchdowns earning game MVP honors as the Redskins defeated the Buffalo Bills 37-24.

6:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Under head coach Joe Gibbs, the Redskins finished the regular season 14-2 on their way to the playoffs and Super Bowl XXVI.

7 p.m. -- NFL Total Access

The signature show of NFL Network provides never seen before footage, exclusive interviews and inside access with the biggest names in the NFL through Team Cam.

8 p.m. -- NFL Films Presents

Explore the depth of the NFL Films archive with unique perspectives on football's greatest heroes and personalities as well as its history, humanity and humor. Hail to the Redskins stories include: Gibbs Essay, Bobby Mitchell, Sammy Baugh, John Riggins, George Preston Marshall.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0414

The text-book definition of "Must See TV"...can't wait.

First, thanks for the heads up on the Redskins Day on the NFL Network. Second, thanks IONTOP for the Tivo To Go recommendation. My Tivo was already set up through my wireless connection. Right now, I'm picking stuff I had saved on there to transfer to my video iPod. Technology is great, ain't it?

Archived