Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye in week 8

mook

this will be more beneficial as the year winds down. Right smack dab in the middle.

I wonder how the scheudles are picked though and who decides what teams have what byes and when? Is it possible the team really pushed the league for a later bye, does it have to do with overall record at the end of they year, or is it just a crap-shoot, etc?

mid season byes are great. but not as great as putting this here

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151702

Oh give me a break, you board geeks who do nothing but complain about where people put their comments gets a little old after a while. If you don't want to talk about it on this thread there a simple solution for you, DON'T POST HEAR.

I hope me posting this particular thread does not ruin your whole day.

this will be more beneficial as the year winds down. Right smack dab in the middle.

I wonder how the scheudles are picked though and who decides what teams have what byes and when? Is it possible the team really pushed the league for a later bye, does it have to do with overall record at the end of they year, or is it just a crap-shoot, etc?

yea that's a good question. i'm not sure how they decide how to set up the schedule, but i'm glad we have our bye in the middle of the season. great positioning.

Don't worry about having only 1 monday night game...they are keeping the contending teams for possible sunday night matchups that will be moved from day games.

You've got a good point, I see there are lots of possibilities for the Skins to be moved to Sunday nights games, lets hope so.

Would have liked it better in the week 4-5 setting like #3 last year.

We'll see, maybe first half momentum and health will not be a factor!!!!

You do realize that having a bye in the third or fourth week gives the players NO rest for 14 weeks and through the playoffs (without a first round bye, that is). With a break a little bit later into the season (week 6 or 7), I have a feeling we would have had a better playoff performance last season.

The beauty of a week 8 bye is that you play 7 games, rest, play 9 more games, get the first round bye, and then play 3 playoff games. The team would be relatively fresh all season.

Oh give me a break, you board geeks who do nothing but complain about where people put their comments gets a little old after a while. If you don't want to talk about it on this thread there a simple solution for you, DON'T POST HEAR.

I hope me posting this particular thread does not ruin your whole day.

it's not me you have to worry about, it's everyone else, including the mods, who get tired of the board being cluttered with the same crap. so do you think mods moving and closing threads are just being board geeks complaining? read the rules, because if you are under the assumption that you can literally post whatever you want wherever you want, you're sadly mistaken. and i don't ever jump on somebody unless it's something like this that can go in quite a few different threads.

and for future reference, it's HERE, not HEAR ;)

and fyi, new threads are for discussion and news, not random comments.

Archived