Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft a TE

MrMan978

If we keep are 2 round pick, should be take a TE I believe Byrd from USC will still be out there. I know we just got Fauria, but I believe Byrd can expand the field for are receivers. There are other needs such as OLB and DB. But we can use a late round pick and get Parham from VA, he got kick out of school so I know he'll be a late round pick. We just got a corner from Jag's. I can't remember his name though. What do yall think?

MrMan ... you are my man. Byrd would be an execllent pick for the Skins ... I would not mind even if the FO traded up to grab him. Parham also is an excellent day 2 pick and would add ST and LB depth. You are to be congratulated Sir ... it is refreshing finally to read a sensible post after wading through all the garbage on this Board.

Thank You, most people on the board don't think realistic. This could actually happen.

MrMan ... you are my man. Byrd would be an execllent pick for the Skins ... I would not mind even if the FO traded up to grab him. Parham also is an excellent day 2 pick and would add ST and LB depth. You are to be congratulated Sir ... it is refreshing finally to read a sensible post after wading through all the garbage on this Board.

While I see what you're saying, I must respectfully disagree with you. We seem set at the tight end position, while we have a gaping hole at OLB that, I think, must be addressed first. And say we draft Mr. Byrd. What is he going to do.... back up Chris Cooley, Christian Fauria and Mike Sellers? We need to address that defensive need with the first pick in the draft, then focus on depth.

I can respect your disagreement, but we must remember that Joe Gibbs does run a 2 set TE, and given Byrd played in a NFL offense at USC, he can pick up are offense quickly and learn. Are OLB depth does need addressing but, that's why I said get the kid from Virgina Parham or just play Clemons on OLB which is his natural position. This draft is filled with good TE's and we can get one to complenment the "Fun Bunch"

While I see what you're saying, I must respectfully disagree with you. We seem set at the tight end position, while we have a gaping hole at OLB that, I think, must be addressed first. And say we draft Mr. Byrd. What is he going to do.... back up Chris Cooley, Christian Fauria and Mike Sellers? We need to address that defensive need with the first pick in the draft, then focus on depth.

True. But, are you willing to ignore a major hole at OLB to add to an already potentially loaded offense? I did some research and I like his numbers. He's going to be a good player. I just hesitate drafting someone who won't start right away instead of someone who could and do well. I think of a hole we had at OLB back in 1990 and we drafted a guy by the name of Andre Collins who gave us some EXCELLENT years at LB and started a Super Bowl for us. I just think we should focus on the biggest need first. I'm still skeptical that the combination of Chris Clemons and Warrick Holdman can get the job done.

If we keep are 2 round pick, should be take a TE I believe Byrd from USC will still be out there. I know we just got Fauria, but I believe Byrd can expand the field for are receivers. There are other needs such as OLB and DB. But we can use a late round pick and get Parham from VA, he got kick out of school so I know he'll be a late round pick. We just got a corner from Jag's. I can't remember his name though. What do yall think?

He would be ok...but i myself am a bigger fan of Anthony Fasano but maybe thats because im a Notre Dame fan. but im pretty sure he was just a junior this past year, not sure. But yeah, if he was doubt he would leave.

Clemons truly hasn't gotten a fair shot at OLB. So I can't say how good or bad he will be but Holdman got a shot he didn't play bad. He just didn't make outstandings plays. I rather play the OLB's we have and draft Byrd if he's out there and next year get a OLB.

I will take Anthony as well, I'm saying theres good TE's in this draft and we should use are second round pick and get one.

He would be ok...but i myself am a bigger fan of Anthony Fasano but maybe thats because im a Notre Dame fan. but im pretty sure he was just a junior this past year, not sure. But yeah, if he was doubt he would leave.

I'm a big fan of Byrd as well but feel we may be better served getting one of the top G or OLB prospects. He was a total beast at the Sr Bowl and cuaght everything thrown his way. However, if someone (Thomas) goes down we don't have Ray Brown to plug in anymore.

With Saunders running our offense now, will Cooley still play H-Back or will he move to TE? I don't recall KC using an H-Back so I guess it'll come down to how much control Gibbs gives him but if we move Cooley, we should be good at the position. Klopfstein (sp?) from Colorado could be an awesome pickup in about the 4th round if we need to fill the TE position.

Manuel White or Robert Johnson will get cut in preseason. Sellars is are blocking back and occasionally he slips out and catches great TD's for us. Cooley is truly are only H-Back. We already addess the O-line with the free agent signings. We can just keep Holdman for a year and see what he can do. Don't forget we got McCune. Fauria is a good blocker but not a good catching TE.

We have more than enough depth at TE, with Fauria, Cooley, Sellars, Manuel White Jr. and Robert Johnson all able to play TE/HB. Linebacker or O-Line makes the most sense to me

Clemons truly hasn't gotten a fair shot at OLB. So I can't say how good or bad he will be but Holdman got a shot he didn't play bad. He just didn't make outstandings plays. I rather play the OLB's we have and draft Byrd if he's out there and next year get a OLB.

Holdman didn't play bad? lol. When Holdman was in the line-up, the coach of the other team changed his playbook to one and only one play: run directly at holdman's direction. Sadly, it worked all the time.

Draft a TE for what..... a LB is what we need... especially this sleeper whom isn't getting any love..... AHMAD BROOKS # 34 the next R.Lewis, B.Ulacher & # 56 aka Hollywood.... I know he has off the field issues but who doesn't at 21? Do your homework?

Once again I agree with my man MrMan ... the Skins actually are loaded at LB ... Clemons is better than any rookie available at 53 (maybe with exception of Bobby Carpeneter/OSU ... a personal favorite of mine)(Holdman too is avaialble in a pinch and Marshall can be an OLB if McCune comes around (I liked his work on ST at the end of last year). Byrd has "special" written all over him. He is an impact game changer and would compliment Cooley or back him up if he goes down. I'm not sold on Fauria, Johnson, Koslo, or any of the other mediocres. Gibbs loves tight ends (usually carries 4) and with our outside receivers the thought of Byrd and Coolley in the mix makes me salivate ... ooooooohhhhyeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Say ... MrMan ... where do you think M. Stovall will go in the Draft ... do you think he would be a fit? .... or is he too slow?

You make some good points. But look at it this way. JG does run a 2 TE formation, BUT Saunders is drawing most of the offense formations and plays this year. 2nd, even with a 2 TE set, why do you need 4 TE's? OLB is our weakest position and it has little depth.

Manuel White or Robert Johnson will get cut in preseason. Sellars is are blocking back and occasionally he slips out and catches great TD's for us. Cooley is truly are only H-Back. We already addess the O-line with the free agent signings. We can just keep Holdman for a year and see what he can do. Don't forget we got McCune. Fauria is a good blocker but not a good catching TE.

It won't be Robert Johnson. I see him having a real good year this year. Between Fauria and Johnson as the blocking TE and Cooley and Lumsden at H-Back, TE really isn't even close to being a need area. I think you guys are grossly under estimating our TE's this year. Drafting a TE that high is a luxury pick IMO. While I agree Campbell has not been given much of a chance I also see a need of depth as well. LB, DB, DL, OL in that order.

Huh?? Who did we sign??

We are in desperate need of back up O-linemen, if Jansen or Samuels were to go down, like Jansen did in 2004, we can probably kiss the playoffs good bye. When our pick comes up, we should select the best available Tackle, Linebacker or Corner. We're not in need of a future TE at this point. Any Tackle, LB or CB we select will probably contribute this year, whereas a TE wouldn't do much but play special teams for a couple of seasons.

Pope is good ... very good ... but will not be available. My mantra for a team like the Skins that almost has all the pieces is: in the high rounds (1 and 2) grab a skill player who will have an immediate impact ... use day 2 to pick up cannon fodder and depth. This year ... the Skins have filled virtually all needs on FA ... they do not have a high choice. They should use their 2nd pick (or trade up by packaging it with next year's No. 1) to grab a "special" player. Byrd fills that bill nicely. But I would be happy if they did the same to grab an impact defensive player e.g. Carpenter.

Pope is good ... very good ... but will not be available. My mantra for a team like the Skins that almost has all the pieces is: in the high rounds (1 and 2) grab a skill player who will have an immediate impact ... use day 2 to pick up cannon fodder and depth. This year ... the Skins have filled virtually all needs on FA ... they do not have a high choice. They should use their 2nd pick (or trade up by packaging it with next year's No. 1) to grab a "special" player. Byrd fills that bill nicely. But I would be happy if they did the same to grab an impact defensive player e.g. Carpenter.

According to some mock drafts I've seen Pope will be available. This is because the TE pool is deep and becasue of team needs. All I'm saying is that IF he's available, we should draft him. Someone (Clemons) will fit in nicely at OLB, dont worry. With the 6'8" Pope we have a chance to solidify our TE spot for a decade. Fauria is really old, has maybe 2 seasons tops left in him. Then where will we be?

I wont be totally opposed to drafting a LB. Eventhough I think Clemons will secure the job no matter what. I like Clemons a lot.

So I say, if available.

Leonard Pope.

Beast.

Yeah I was about to say, NFLDraftCountdown has Pope falling to us (and us passing on him) He would be a great pick.

Archived