Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft a TE

MrMan978

We are going into this draft with the idea of signing perhaps one starter on day one. So it would not surprise me to see us try and trade up to get one of the three guys we are targeting.

Of course we can sit pretty at 53 and hope one of the three drop. If two of the three are picked, expect us to move up. What's moving up. Trading a number one or something next year.

We are probably looking for a potential starter on day one. The one guy to make our draft. Since when has Snyder and company sat back and waited. We tend to be proactive.

We are going into this draft with the idea of signing perhaps one starter on day one. So it would not surprise me to see us try and trade up to get one of the three guys we are targeting.

Of course we can sit pretty at 53 and hope one of the three drop. If two of the three are picked, expect us to move up. What's moving up. Trading a number one or something next year.

We are probably looking for a potential starter on day one. The one guy to make our draft. Since when has Snyder and company sat back and waited. We tend to be proactive.

Who do you feel we are targeting?

If Pope is available I'm not sure we could pass him up. Robert Johnson looks like he can do some things, but adding a player like Pope would completely nullify any idea about not having enough size in the redzone. He'd be an easy target for any QB, esp when Campbell takes over.

I think Clemons would get the job done nicely if he was given a shot a WLB. We should be in a position by draft time to take the BPA.

The question is how much will Saunders use the H-back? As far as I know in St. Louis and KC Saunders used a FB and a TE. In which case we are stacked at TE with Cooley, Fauria, and Johnson and I really dont think we need any more. that second rounder really should be a cornerback or maybe a LB or DT.

We have more than enough depth at TE, with Fauria, Cooley, Sellars, Manuel White Jr. and Robert Johnson all able to play TE/HB. Linebacker or O-Line makes the most sense to me

I agree...I actually think Robert Johnson is going to surprise this yr, he is going to be our Antonio Gates...He's 6'7 275 and runs a 4.6! Him and Cooley are going to be unstoppable....

As I have mentioned in other posts, I wouldn't be surprised if we were to trade our 2nd next year for a 3rd this year. There would have to be a player there in the 3rd to entice us to do it. I would however take Pope in a heartbeat if he were there at #53.

Archived