Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated Power Rankings

eagles78

I think the 91 Eagles were the best team in the NFC East. They didn't make the playoffs but they were playing better than the Skins at the end of the year.

See why it doesn't work like that, jrock?

Hey look, someone agrees with me! Let's rewrite history!!

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8156676

The Eagles may have been the better team in 91. But they didn't make the playoffs, win an away playoff game while the Skins got blown out at home after their first round bye, did they? So its not really applicable in this discussion, is it? ;)

jrock just gets pissed and tries to deny what happened in the second Eagles/Skins game. It's ok. If it makes him feel better, he can say that we got killed and we comprable injuries, etc. Anyone who watched the game knows what happened. The JV took the varsity to the limit.

What am I denying? That the Skins outscored the Iggles 21-3 in the second half? That the final 7 Iggle possesions ended in 3 punts, 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles, one that was taken to the house? That the Redskins defense dominated the Birds in the second half? What am I denying, WB? :whoknows: Seriously, I'm asking.

so adding Fabini (32), Vanderjagt (35) and Owens (33) is enough to vault a Dallas team that finished weak in 2005 into the top 10 in the NFL? :)

clearly there is some home cooking going on for Parcells with this writing staff. they note it might be his last year as if somehow that is going to make the offensive line, elder quarterback, running back and front four play that much better?

this team was 9-7 in 2005 but it finished up as a clear #3 in the East.

the players they acquired were all available for a reason. Owens is a mental case and at 33 is likely starting to the downside of his career. At least with the Eagles they grabbed Owens and hoped to get that one big year out of him at 31 (which they did) and advance to the Super Bowl. They just didn't win it.

Vanderjagt as memory serves was available because he muffed pressure kicks in the postseason and is at an age too (35) where teams start to look to replace you.

Fabini? He is a liability in pass protection and the Jets, who may be the worst team in the AFC after the Texans and Raiders, didn't even value him as a backup.

These are the difference-makers from 9-7 to a 12-4 or 13-3 Super Bowl contender? :laugh:

I don't see it.

Dude no it doesn't. We aren't talking about the Colts and Steelers. They are two totally different teams with totally different situations. I've already said this.

I like how you try to strengthen your argument by using two teams that aren't the Skins or Giants.

:laugh: Try to take your head out of your ass before you suffocate. :laugh:

So...all the Eagles fans who continuously talk about dominating the Redskins for 4 seasons keep that in mind as well, right? :rolleyes: Two years of Spurrier, a year of Schotty with the players in rebellion, and a year of gimpy Brunell and only slightly better Ramsey and ZERO downfield targets. Of course they don't. Until this past season, Eagles fans trumpeted back and forth throughout the hallways with that crap. What burns you is that you're looking in the mirror, getting back exactly what you dished out, and you can't take it. :2cents:

*cough*Bullsh*t*cough*

Whatever dude, we beat the Skins for 4 years blah blah blah.......and? I ain't run down nobodies hallways or no crap like that so save your dramatic broken back theory cause you sound like the only one crying! What burns me is the fact the you intentionally deny the obvious that your wins last year were nothing else but a set of closely contested games between a man with a glass punch against a man with a broken jaw......if you don't get it, then I wouldn't expect you too!

You never played football from what I can tell....you've never been in anytype of sport have you? If you did then you might understand that you "never can call yourself champ" unless you beat the "champ" all you did was beat his skeleton! A shell on what it was because of injuries and other off the field crap....but take your tainted victories and run for the hills...it seems that all you have really is the memory of a game that wasn't yours to win really.....remember, that the game was closer than you'd ever admit it to, thus showing your insecurities with the fact that they almost blew it......

That's fine...I'm just saying Eagle fans get their panties all in a bundle when Skins fans say "how's that superbowl trophy case, Eagles?" or things of that nature, but then you go and do the same thing. We're discussing this past season...so why wouldn't I talk about what we did last season? :paranoid: This season hasn't happened yet, N5, so I can't really talk about the Skins/Eagles games yet. ;)

And Reid has NOT won more playoff games by himself. He's won more playoff games with Jim Johnson, and you know this. ;)

Really cause as far as I knew, Reid was the head coach and the HWIC over there, thus he gets credit come win/lose/ or draw.......right? If that's the case then Gibbs isn't a HOF coach, but he's rather part of a HOF Coaching Staff, right? :laugh:

I was joking, jrock. It was meant to be funny as the 49ers absolutely sucked. I was saying they were the best team because they beat the Texans (haha worst team in the league.) Get it?

Not a swipe at the Redskins.

:)

EDIT:

FWIW, I think the Redskins were the best team in the division at the end of the year. They came on strong at the end and thats what counts. I don't really think it matters who had the better record or who won the division. You guys should be happy you made it as far as you did into the playoffs. That's a great accomplishment.

Basically what I'm saying is.. who cares? :whoknows:

Originally Posted by Westbrook36

jrock just gets pissed and tries to deny what happened in the second Eagles/Skins game. It's ok. If it makes him feel better, he can say that we got killed and we comprable injuries, etc. Anyone who watched the game knows what happened. The JV took the varsity to the limit.

What am I denying? That the Skins outscored the Iggles 21-3 in the second half? That the final 7 Iggle possesions ended in 3 punts, 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles, one that was taken to the house? That the Redskins defense dominated the Birds in the second half? What am I denying, WB? Seriously, I'm asking.

What you are denying is the fact that you continuously talk about domination which is true, but have you thought of WHY your team dominated? It wasn't because on that day the Skins were so much better, it was because the Eagles might have been that much worse......they were decimated with injuries....hell the Duke University Football could have given that offense fits!

so adding Fabini (32), Vanderjagt (35) and Owens (33) is enough to vault a Dallas team that finished weak in 2005 into the top 10 in the NFL? :)

Still finished with a winning record, and three out of the last four games we lost to were playoff teams.

clearly there is some home cooking going on for Parcells with this writing staff. they note it might be his last year as if somehow that is going to make the offensive line, elder quarterback, running back and front four play that much better?

We are not the only one with an aging QB you know. And a WR can make other players around them better. Ask McNabb whos best year by far was 2004.

this team was 9-7 in 2005 but it finished up as a clear #3 in the East.

the players they acquired were all available for a reason. Owens is a mental case and at 33 is likely starting to the downside of his career. At least with the Eagles they grabbed Owens and hoped to get that one big year out of him at 31 (which they did) and advance to the Super Bowl. They just didn't win it.

Vanderjagt as memory serves was available because he muffed pressure kicks in the postseason and is at an age too (35) where teams start to look to replace you.

Fabini? He is a liability in pass protection and the Jets, who may be the worst team in the AFC after the Texans and Raiders, didn't even value him as a backup.

I'll make it easy for you Money + Cap = Cuts.

I can make the same argument about your newly acquired WRs if they're so great why did ARE not get resigned ? And why did the 49ers who lack at the WR area trade ?

These are the difference-makers from 9-7 to a 12-4 or 13-3 Super Bowl contender? :laugh:

I don't see it.

Did anybody see the Rams, Baltimore, or New England coming ?

*cough*Bullsh*t*cough*

Whatever dude, we beat the Skins for 4 years blah blah blah.......and? I ain't run down nobodies hallways or no crap like that so save your dramatic broken back theory cause you sound like the only one crying! What burns me is the fact the you intentionally deny the obvious that your wins last year were nothing else but a set of closely contested games between a man with a glass punch against a man with a broken jaw......if you don't get it, then I wouldn't expect you too!

I don't get it...you jump on me for taking pleasure in a "sour milk loss," but you don't see that Eagles fans have been doing the same thing from 01-04? "Running through the hallways" was figurative...I didn't mean you literally ran up and down the hallways dude...:doh:

The Eagles were injured, this is not in dispute. I'm just sick of Eagle fans (and others) saying the Skins weren't that good last season because they beat up on an injured Eagles squad. It gets annoying. The first game was close, and the Skins got a couple breaks. The second game, excuse me for using a cliche, was not as close as the scoreboard indicated. The Skins had injuries as well. Neither of their starting CBs were 100%, they were missing their best run blocker, and Brunell had taken a shot to the knee the week before, and was playing on it. Portis was banged up as well...not sure why your injuries count, but ours don't. :whoknows:

WB - maybe you can answer that, seeing as how its one of your main arguing points. Why do the Eagles injuries count while the Skins injuries don't count??

You never played football from what I can tell....you've never been in anytype of sport have you? If you did then you might understand that you "never can call yourself champ" unless you beat the "champ" all you did was beat his skeleton!

Not sure how you would get that from my posts, but I've played sports my entire life. Football, baseball, roller hockey, tennis, basketball, and most recently rugby. Not really relevant, imo...

A shell on what it was because of injuries and other off the field crap....but take your tainted victories and run for the hills...it seems that all you have really is the memory of a game that wasn't yours to win really.....remember, that the game was closer than you'd ever admit it to, thus showing your insecurities with the fact that they almost blew it......

You really are bitter, aren't you?!? :laugh: Closer than I'll ever admit to? :laugh: Just out of curiousity, what was the final score of that game, N5?? :rotflmao:

Really cause as far as I knew, Reid was the head coach and the HWIC over there, thus he gets credit come win/lose/ or draw.......right? If that's the case then Gibbs isn't a HOF coach, but he's rather part of a HOF Coaching Staff, right? :laugh:

Yeah, Gibbs had a lot of help from his staff. He has never coached the defense, as Reid has never coached the defense. Jim Johnson carried that team...the defense was consistently ranked higher than the offense.

I don't get it...you jump on me for taking pleasure in a "sour milk loss," but you don't see that Eagles fans have been doing the same thing from 01-04? "Running through the hallways was figurative...I didn't mean you literally ran up and down the hallways dude...:doh:

Trust me, I've never run anywhere after the Eagles beat the Redskins....if anything, I felt bad for the Skins....only because they had talent, but bad coaching!

The Eagles were injured, this is not in dispute. I'm just sick of Eagle fans (and others) saying the Skins weren't that good last season because they beat up on an injured Eagles squad. It gets annoying. The first game was close, and the Skins got a couple breaks. The second game, excuse me for using a cliche, was not as close as the scoreboard indicated. The Skins had injuries as well. Neither of their starting CBs were 100%, they were missing their best run blocker, and Brunell had taken a shot to the knee the week before, and was playing on it. Portis was banged up as well...not sure why your injuries count, but ours don't. :whoknows:

Maybe because we lost a PRO BOWL OT, CB, RB, and QB........PRO BOWLERS do make a difference ya know?

Not sure how you would get that from my posts, but I've played sports my entire life. Football, baseball, roller hockey, tennis, basketball, and most recently rugby. Not really relevant, imo...

You really are bitter, aren't you?!? :laugh: Closer than I'll ever admit to? :laugh: Just out of curiousity, what was the final score of that game, N5?? :rotflmao:

Then maybe you'd understand the feeling of beating a team fully strength and enjoying that you took their best shot and still won rather than winning on a technicality!

And.....

The game was fought till the very end.....it was close until McMahon's int.....up until that point, the Skins were on the ropes trying to find away to win, which they did to their credit.......

Yeah, Gibbs had a lot of help from his staff. He has never coached the defense, as Reid has never coached the defense. Jim Johnson carried that team...the defense was consistently ranked higher than the offense.

Fine then Reid's staff has won more playoff games in the 2000's then all the NFC East teams put together!

Eli didn't just have a bad game against Carolina, he had a bad (or at best, average) second half of the season for the Giants, which directly contributed to why I think the Skins finished as the superior team. I'm not gonna give Eli a free pass for the playoffs when our quarterback was playing with an injury that clearly affected his ability, yet hasn't stopped legions of fans and media from throwing stones at him for his playoff performances.

Regular season standings are clearly very important, but I see the stretch run and playoffs as the deciding factors between the two teams, especially because the Giants only finished with one more win yet had some clear advantages during the regular season because of their schedule and extra home game.

That's my opinion but I'd be making the same argument for the Eagles over the Giants if the fortunes of our two teams were reversed. Believe it or not, not every bit of praise a fan has for his or her team is born out of "homerism."

Can't really argue with anything there. Good points. I just have to give the edge to New York. Just how I feel.

Maybe because we lost a PRO BOWL OT, CB, RB, and QB........PRO BOWLERS do make a difference ya know?

Well...I would argue that the injuries to Thomas, Springs, Brunell and Portis were injuries to pro-bowl caliber players, but I'd probably just get labeled a homer.

Then maybe you'd understand the feeling of beating a team fully strength and enjoying that you took their best shot and still won rather than winning on a technicality!

Sorry for the anecdote, but here goes: My high-school football team was historically terrible. My senior year, we went 4-6, and tied for the most wins in team history. :doh: Anyway, the last game of the season we beat Mount Vernon, a perennially good team (they consistently were in the hunt for our divisional crown). Actually, I scored the winning touchdown. :D As our running back was about to score, he fumbled, and being the astute, highly-aware o-lineman that I was ;), I jumped on the fumble in the endzone! Got a steak dinner out of that as well from the O-Line coach. Anyways, my point is that Mt. Vernon still won the division (actually we forced them to split with Yorktown), and not a single one of those players felt they didn't deserve it or anything like that because they lost to a perennial loser like Wakefield. (I knew a few of the guys on the team through other people).

The game was fought till the very end.....it was close until McMahon's int.....up until that point, the Skins were on the ropes trying to find away to win, which they did to their credit.......

It was close, but the Skins clearly had any momentum there was to have. :2cents:

Fine then Reid's staff has won more playoff games in the 2000's then all the NFC East teams put together!

This is a fact. :)

I thought the Skins had the game completely in hand when Portis scored the TD........

In my opinion they did. They came out flat in the first half. But in the second half, they had that same swagger they'd had the previous 4 weeks, and anyone who had been following the team knew there was no way they'd lose that game.

In my opinion they did. They came out flat in the first half. But in the second half, they had that same swagger they'd had the previous 4 weeks, and anyone who had been following the team knew there was no way they'd lose that game.
fair enough.

Archived