Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated Power Rankings

eagles78

No, you'd just rather point at the final division standings and claim they back you up. Yet when you're presented with more examples that counter this argument, like Pittsburgh's standing vs. Cincinnati and Indy, you hide again behind our 5-6 midseason record. I'll let my points speak for themselves until you actually want to debate them. At this point I'll simply assume that you can't.

Yep because the final standings hold absolutley no weight at all.:rolleyes: Yet despite the fact the Giants finished ahead of the Skins you act like the Redskins were heads and shoulders above them because they were able to win their last 5 games. Sorry, but that didn't cut it.

I refuse to get into these little discussions with jrock anymore. He'll wait till fellow Skins fans congratulate him (*gasp! on a Skins site!) then he'll declare himself victor.

Its better for your rep to not get pwned on a daily basis anyway. ;)

But since you interject with you criticism of me, why don't you answer the question your fine, feathered friend refused to? Which team was better last season, the Colts or the Steelers?

No perhaps because it is just as illogical a question to ask as you claim me to be.

Why is it an illogical question?

It directly relates to the situation we are talking about.

Two football teams, one starts out hot, but ends the season on a down note. Has a first round bye, loses their first playoff game. I could have described the Giants or the Colts with that sentence.

The other team suffers a losing streak mid season, but then puts together a string of convincing victories to make the playoffs, and then wins a wild card game. This team avenges their loss to the other team, in convincing fashion. Notice, I could have described either the Skins or the Steelers with that.

How you can say that question is unrelated is beyond me...:confused:

I refuse to get into these little discussions with jrock anymore. He'll wait till fellow Skins fans congratulate him (*gasp! on a Skins site!) then he'll declare himself victor.

Come on WB36, you're a reasonable guy. Did you follow the argument? jrock so thoroughly owned eagles78, he even corrected him on the game clock for the Taylor TD ("You're also wrong about there being 2:56 left. There was 2:30 left.") Instead, of watching your fellow Iggle friend die a slow, painful death, you should at least come to the rescue of your buddy and try to argue facts with jrock.

Edit: Ah, I see you do have some mercy for eagles78. You're trying to help him out by jumping into the fray on his behalf.

Why is it an illogical question?

It directly relates to the situation we are talking about.

Two football teams, one starts out hot, but ends the season on a down note. Has a first round bye, loses their first playoff game. I could have described the Giants or the Colts with that sentence.

The other team suffers a losing streak mid season, but then puts together a string of convincing victories to make the playoffs, and then wins a wild card game. This team avenges their loss to the other team, in convincing fashion. Notice, I could have described either the Skins or the Steelers with that.

How you can say that question is unrelated is beyond me...:confused:

Dude no it doesn't. We aren't talking about the Colts and Steelers. They are two totally different teams with totally different situations. I've already said this.

I like how you try to strengthen your argument by using two teams that aren't the Skins or Giants.

If they keep smackin' '78 around, then we might have to jump in! But I'm sure he can handle this by himself.......

I think the Colts were a better team who was beat when it counted by the Steelers.

I haven't really been following this thread so I don't know what context the question was asked though.

Let me guess. The Skins were the *Real* NFC East champs?

Don't be patronizing, WB. The question was who was the best team in the NFC East. The team that won 6 in a row including an AWAY playoff game, or the team who finished on a low note and got blown out at home in the playoffs.

I related that to the Steelers/Indy comparison. But I guess you think the superbowl champions, who beat the Colts in head to head competition in the playoffs, were not as good as them. I guess the Giants were a better team than the Skins who just happened to get destroyed in their home stadium in the playoffs...:rolleyes:

Come on WB36, you're a reasonable guy. Did you follow the argument? jrock so thoroughly owned eagles78, he even corrected him on the game clock for the Taylor TD ("You're also wrong about there being 2:56 left. There was 2:30 left.") Instead, of watching your fellow Iggle friend die a slow, painful death, you should at least come to the rescue of your buddy and try to argue facts with jrock.

Edit: Ah, I see you do have some mercy for eagles78. You're trying to help him out by jumping into the fray on his behalf.

I just read the last page before responding. jrock is picking on a poor 17 year old kid who doesn't have the reasoning skills of an adult, but thats another story. ;)

Skins had a good 05. They caught some good breaks like having a fortunate part of their schedule come up when they were 5-6 and having key games at home.

It's a season long thing though. Every win you get in Sept helps in January. The Chargers were better than a few playoff teams last year but that doesn't really matter.

jrock just gets pissed and tries to deny what happened in the second Eagles/Skins game. It's ok. If it makes him feel better, he can say that we got killed and we comprable injuries, etc. Anyone who watched the game knows what happened. The JV took the varsity to the limit.

Don't be patronizing, WB. The question was who was the best team in the NFC East. The team that won 6 in a row including an AWAY playoff game, or the team who finished on a low note and got blown out at home in the playoffs *While claiming the division crown* .

I related that to the Steelers/Indy comparison. But I guess you think the superbowl champions, who beat the Colts in head to head competition in the playoffs, were not as good as them. I guess the Giants were a better team than the Skins who just happened to get destroyed in their home stadium in the playoffs...:rolleyes:

Yep because the final standings hold absolutley no weight at all.:rolleyes: Yet despite the fact the Giants finished ahead of the Skins you act like the Redskins were heads and shoulders above them because they were able to win their last 5 games. Sorry, but that didn't cut it.

The final standings are obviously important, but one more win for the Giants when they played a softer schedule and got an extra home game doesn't quite open and shut the argument. Of course you'll never admit this since it's the only way you can make your point.

Simply claiming that the overall standings are the final word and hiding or neglecting any point that pokes holes in this logic is your M.O. If it were that simple then why does the NFL even have a playoff system? We should just award the Lombardi Trophy to whatever team had the best regular season record, right?

Don't be patronizing, WB. The question was who was the best team in the NFC East. The team that won 6 in a row including an AWAY playoff game, or the team who finished on a low note and got blown out at home in the playoffs.

I think the 91 Eagles were the best team in the NFC East. They didn't make the playoffs but they were playing better than the Skins at the end of the year.

See why it doesn't work like that, jrock?

Hey look, someone agrees with me! Let's rewrite history!!

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8156676

:laugh:

And Skins fans get railed on for using the "no superbowls" defense. :laugh:

You know what.......

Through out the last few weeks, you have done nothing but beat your chest about a sweeping the Eagles and how your team "dominated the them". If I didn't know any better, those games were your Super Bowls. You seem to have taken more pride in defeating basically a dog that got hit by a car then anything else. Are you so proud in the fact that your team beat us while we were down? I mean seriously, do you see anything impressive about beating them? Wouldn't a "real fan" want to see his team beat one of the better teams when they are "full strength"? I mean, if the Eagles had beaten a rival that was in dire straights, I'd take the "w" but I'd keep things in perspective.

A win is a win, but its not a victory unless you face and defeat them at full strength. Then again, if you like your milk sour, its still milk right, regardless of how crappy it tastes to everyone else right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and your comment about the "NO SUPERBOWLS" defense, if you want to get technical, hey so be it, but if you want to brag with your d**k in your hand about what you did last year, why can we brag about the last 6 years? I mean it holds more relevance in the argument seeing how even though Gibbs has 3 titles, none of them have occured since the turn of the century while Reid has won more playoff games by himself in the 2000's then all 3 NFC East teams put together!

:2cents:

The final standings are obviously important, but one more win for the Giants when they played a softer schedule and got an extra home game doesn't quite open and shut the argument. Of course you'll never admit this since it's the only way you can make your point.

Simply claiming that the overall standings are the final word and hiding or neglecting any point that pokes holes in this logic is your M.O. If it were that simple then why does the NFL even have a playoff system? We should just award the Lombardi Trophy to whatever team had the best regular season record, right?

The final standings may not be the final word on who wins the SB but they are about as good as it gets when looking at who was better throughout the regular season. So they had a bad game against Carolina with Eli in his first playoff game. That's not going to change my mind when I say that I think NY was the better team last season. Sorry.

I think the 91 Eagles were the best team in the NFC East. They didn't make the playoffs but they were playing better than the Skins at the end of the year.

See why it doesn't work like that, jrock?

Hey look, someone agrees with me! Let's rewrite history!!

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8156676

I know you're trying to be cute but you're missing a major part of the argument which has to do with the playoffs. A significant part of my argument on who was the best team in the East last year hinges on that the Redskins won a playoff game on the road, while the Giants were blown out at home.

Your little bit about the 1991 Eagles neglects the fact that the Redskins won the Super Bowl that season. So that would kind of counteract the argument you're hinting at.

Dude no it doesn't. We aren't talking about the Colts and Steelers. They are two totally different teams with totally different situations. I've already said this.

I like how you try to strengthen your argument by using two teams that aren't the Skins or Giants.

Well since common sense and logic didn't work, I had to use a similar example. But who argues something using a similar example?? Nobody in their right mind does that. :rolleyes:

The final standings may not be the final word on who wins the SB but they are about as good as it gets when looking at who was better throughout the regular season. So they had a bad game against Carolina with Eli in his first playoff game. That's not going to change my mind when I say that I think NY was the better team last season. Sorry.

Eli didn't just have a bad game against Carolina, he had a bad (or at best, average) second half of the season for the Giants, which directly contributed to why I think the Skins finished as the superior team. I'm not gonna give Eli a free pass for the playoffs when our quarterback was playing with an injury that clearly affected his ability, yet hasn't stopped legions of fans and media from throwing stones at him for his playoff performances.

Regular season standings are clearly very important, but I see the stretch run and playoffs as the deciding factors between the two teams, especially because the Giants only finished with one more win yet had some clear advantages during the regular season because of their schedule and extra home game.

That's my opinion but I'd be making the same argument for the Eagles over the Giants if the fortunes of our two teams were reversed. Believe it or not, not every bit of praise a fan has for his or her team is born out of "homerism."

You know what.......

Through out the last few weeks, you have done nothing but beat your chest about a sweeping the Eagles and how your team "dominated the them". If I didn't know any better, those games were your Super Bowls. You seem to have taken more pride in defeating basically a dog that got hit by a car then anything else. Are you so proud in the fact that your team beat us while we were down? I mean seriously, do you see anything impressive about beating them? Wouldn't a "real fan" want to see his team beat one of the better teams when they are "full strength"? I mean, if the Eagles had beaten a rival that was in dire straights, I'd take the "w" but I'd keep things in perspective.

So...all the Eagles fans who continuously talk about dominating the Redskins for 4 seasons keep that in mind as well, right? :rolleyes: Two years of Spurrier, a year of Schotty with the players in rebellion, and a year of gimpy Brunell and only slightly better Ramsey and ZERO downfield targets. Of course they don't. Until this past season, Eagles fans trumpeted back and forth throughout the hallways with that crap. What burns you is that you're looking in the mirror, getting back exactly what you dished out, and you can't take it. :2cents:

A win is a win, but its not a victory unless you face and defeat them at full strength. Then again, if you like your milk sour, its still milk right, regardless of how crappy it tastes to everyone else right? :rolleyes:

:jerk:

Oh, and your comment about the "NO SUPERBOWLS" defense, if you want to get technical, hey so be it, but if you want to brag with your d**k in your hand about what you did last year, why can we brag about the last 6 years? I mean it holds more relevance in the argument seeing how even though Gibbs has 3 titles, none of them have occured since the turn of the century while Reid has won more playoff games by himself in the 2000's then all 3 NFC East teams put together!

That's fine...I'm just saying Eagle fans get their panties all in a bundle when Skins fans say "how's that superbowl trophy case, Eagles?" or things of that nature, but then you go and do the same thing. We're discussing this past season...so why wouldn't I talk about what we did last season? :paranoid: This season hasn't happened yet, N5, so I can't really talk about the Skins/Eagles games yet. ;)

And Reid has NOT won more playoff games by himself. He's won more playoff games with Jim Johnson, and you know this. ;)

Don't forget the Dolphins. They finished the year 6-0. They're better than the Pats!:laugh:
The best team last year was the 49ers. They finished strong with a win against the Texans.

You guys seem to be missing the obvious fact that we're talking about teams in the playoffs, which the Texans and Dolphins were not. I wouldn't expect eagles78 to make the connection, but I expect better from you, Who Del.

Archived