Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated Power Rankings

eagles78

ACTUALLY look at the DIVISION RECORD.....ehemmm

BTW we had 8 home games how many did you guys have?.

We had eight.

Now if you're talking about the Giants they had eight "home" games.:rolleyes:

But regardless I believe if you look at NFL.com you would notice that the NFC East division Champion was the New York Giants, and as I said homerism may cause blindness.

You didn't run the NFC East last year. You barely beat us both times, squeaked by Dallas in your first meeting and got killed in the first game against NY. The Giants were division champs plain and simple. In fact up until the last week of the year it wasn't even known if you'd make the playoffs.

Quick question -- which victory counts more in the standings, a 14-13 squeaker, or a 35-7 blowout?

Oh, and 31-20 is not "barely beating" the Eagles. After Portis' first touchdown the Skins had that game under control. They came out a little slow, but clearly had the game in hand beyond that point. The first game was close, you're right. But that's the way its supposed to be in NFC games.

Quick question -- which victory counts more in the standings, a 14-13 squeaker, or a 35-7 blowout?

Oh, and 31-20 is not "barely beating" the Eagles. After Portis' first touchdown the Skins had that game under control. They came out a little slow, but clearly had the game in hand beyond that point. The first game was close, you're right. But that's the way its supposed to be in NFC games.

Let's see, the guy said that the Skins ran the division. I just pointed out that wins like that don't constitute running a division. And, the Skins didn't have the game in hand until the last 5 minutes or so.

its the same old same old. people are angry because we have an owner that will pay players what they ask. maybe a little too much sometimes but whatever. hate what you cant be. and the comment on Adam....who the F was ryan clark when we played him. now he was one of the best free agent safties in the nfl this year. adam will excell in williams system and have a great year, that goes the same for carter. what they dont take into effect is that the redskins have al saulders who was the o-coordinator in KC the last few years and we saw what happened there. plus he was the coordinator for the greatest show on turf ie. the super bowl champions. we have better talent on the offensive side than either of those two teams. dont worry about what people say, it just makes it all the better when we beat everyone. ps i hope im right because i made a $50 with my buddy in my drunkeness that the redskins would reach teh super bowl. F-it HAIL

I love it. We are the "underdogs" once again. Prisco said, "Eli Manning will have a breakout season." Wasn't that last year's statement. Anyway, it feels good to be hated again. I don't like when "they" predict "good" things for us. We can claim them ourselves.

P.S. Iggles fans should be more concerned about someone Mcnabb can throw the ball to and not the "Austin" power ratings (ohhh behave).:D

Cheesy but TRUE!!!

I'm sorry that I don't spend all day on my computer.:rolleyes: Responses like this are unnecessary

It takes 5 seconds to use the search function, not all day.

Let's see, the guy said that the Skins ran the division. I just pointed out that wins like that don't constitute running a division. And, the Skins didn't have the game in hand until the last 5 minutes or so.

The Skins went 5-1 in the division, the best record out of all four teams. Your definition of what constitutes running the division is irrelevant; the Skins went 5-1.

Portis scored with 11:50 remaining in the third quarter. On the ensuing drive, the Iggles got a field goal, but were largely unable to move the ball. The ensuing 7 Eagle posessions ended in 3 punts, 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles (one taken back for a TD by the Skins). The Skins ended the game by out-scoring the birds 21-3, and winning handily. I'd say they had the game in control.

No, you were the second best team in the division ...

Giants 11-5

Redskins 10-6

Cowboys 9-7

Eagles 6-10

Homerism may cause blindness.

Um, actually the Redskins were clearly the stronger team by season's end when you factor in that they actually WON a playoff game (on the road no less) and weren't embarrassed at home in their only playoff appearance. They also beat the Giants soundly at the end of the season, finished with a better division record (5-1 vs. 4-2), beat every division winner in the conference, and had one less regular season win despite the Giants playing a softer schedule and getting an extra home game.

The Giants were the better team in Week 8, but the Redskins clearly finished the season as the superior team in the East. The Redskins won five straight games to close the regular season, beat the Gaints handily in Week 16, and advanced further in the playoffs. That's not homerism, they're called facts.

Um, no. The team that won the division was the best team in the division last year.

Yeah and that division title really held up well in the playoffs, didn't it? I seem to remember that the Redskins actually won a game in the postseason and were the last team standing from the division. The Giants were utterly embarrassed at home.

The Redskins also handily beat the Giants late in the season and finished with the superior division record.

Your logic is pretty hilarious actually. I guess you also believe that Cincinnati was a better team than Pittsburgh, or that Tampa Bay was a better team than Carolina?

The Skins went 5-1 in the division, the best record out of all four teams. Your definition of what constitutes running the division is irrelevant; the Skins went 5-1.

Portis scored with 11:50 remaining in the third quarter. On the ensuing drive, the Iggles got a field goal, but were largely unable to move the ball. The ensuing 7 Eagle posessions ended in 3 punts, 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles (one taken back for a TD by the Skins). The Skins ended the game by out-scoring the birds 21-3, and winning handily. I'd say they had the game in control.

:laugh: Eagles78 thats called balls in your face. :laugh:

Jrock you never disappoint :notworthy

Yeah and that division title really held up well in the playoffs, didn't it? I seem to remember that the Redskins actually won a game in the postseason and were the last team standing from the division. The Giants were utterly embarrassed at home.

The Redskins also handily beat the Giants late in the season and finished with the superior division record.

Your logic is pretty hilarious actually. I guess you also believe that Cincinnati was a better team than Pittsburgh, or that Tampa Bay was a better team than Carolina?

Are you bragging about what Washington did in the playoffs?:laugh: Your offense couldn't move the ball and, you were lucky to get out of Tampa with a win.So, you beat them handily at home? They did the same to you by a larger margin earlier in the year. The Giants were obviously superior to your team throughout the DURATION of the year. No I don't think that Cincy was better than Pittsburgh, however if Palmer hadn't gotten injured that could have been an entirely different game. However in this case I absolutley think that NY was better. Last time I checked they weren't 5-6 needing to win out against teams like St. Louis, Arizona, and us just to make the playoffs. In the end it's your homerisim that's hilarious.

Are you bragging about what Washington did in the playoffs?:laugh: Your offense couldn't move the ball and, you were lucky to get out of Tampa with a win.So, you beat them handily at home? They did the same to you by a larger margin earlier in the year. The Giants were obviously superior to your team throughout the DURATION of the year. No I don't think that Cincy was better than Pittsburgh, however if Palmer hadn't gotten injured that could have been an entirely different game. However in this case I absolutley think that NY was better. Last time I checked they weren't 5-6 needing to win out against teams like St. Louis, Arizona, and us just to make the playoffs. In the end it's your homerisim that's hilarious.

I think, even objectively, most would say that the Redskins were a better team by the end of the season than the Giants. Now, I'd agree, the Giants were a better team for more of the year (11 or 12 weeks), but what does that really get you?

LOL. What are you talking about? On the possesion that Taylor returned the fumble there was about 2:56 seconds left in the game. The Eagles were only down 4 points. They were driving and were close to mid-field at the time. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that also the drive Runyan committed that stupid penalty as well? If you consider that having the game in control than I don't know what to tell you.

I think, even objectively, most would say that the Redskins were a better team by the end of the season than the Giants. Now, I'd agree, the Giants were a better team for more of the year (11 or 12 weeks), but what does that really get you?
Sure they improved drastically at the end of the year, but I still consider NY to be the better team from top to bottom at the end of the season as well as through out.

Hmmm, to me that's interesting. But OK. Your opinion is your opinion.

That's why we get a whole new season to run it back!

Believe it or not, I'm not just saying this to start arguments and what not, that's really what I think. I think the final overall records were a perfect rep. of how the teams ranked.

And, you're right about the new season! It just seems so far off.;)

Believe it or not, I'm not just saying this to start arguments and what not, that's really what I think. I think the final overall records were a perfect rep. of how the teams ranked.

And, you're right about the new season! It just seems so far off.;)

:laugh:

Because it is!! We have to wait forever, that's why schedule day is exciting.

Of course you're not just saying it to get a rise out of people. I mean, you backed this assertion with clear-cut, indisputable facts, didn't you? :confused:

No, you were the second best team in the division ...

Giants 11-5

Redskins 10-6

Cowboys 9-7

Eagles 6-10

Homerism may cause blindness.

Your so right. We won a playoff road game in Tampa while you guys got shut out at home to the Panthers in the first round. You guys were aided by an easy schedule and an extra home game...don't get to into yourselves.

Archived