Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LB's - No news is Good news???

malaysia's skins club

[Assuming the Skins are not going to resign Holdman].

Skins have precious little experience outside Washington & Marshall.

Skins braintrust must be pretty happy with their back-up LB's progress :

- current roster

LB's : 7 players ( that incl Nick McNeil & Jashon Sykes)

WR's : 13 players

- chose not to upgrade via FA.

This certainly bolds well for Clemons & McCune, I believe.:laugh: :laugh:

The key to everything in my opinion is Mccune. Mccune is a physical stud but the question is how much has he improved over last season?

Does Mccune understand Williams system fully and know where to be when he's suppose to be there? These are the things the FO needs to find out.

It's clear that as of this moment, the 53rd pick is going to be a LB or an O-lineman.

The key to everything in my opinion is Mccune. Mccune is a physical stud but the question is how much has he improved over last season?

Does Mccune understand Williams system fully and know where to be when he's suppose to be there? These are the things the FO needs to find out.

It's clear that as of this moment, the 53rd pick is going to be a LB or an O-lineman.

I wouldnt keep your hopes up for McCune. If he turns in to a starter, it will be a shocker. He's more of a bruiser special teams-type guy than a real talent. Now Clemons, that guy's got some talent. Look for him to solidify the starting WLB spot. I'd love to see us take a LB in the draft to be safe though.

Just to let you know that randle el is a good number 3 and a crappy number 2 but I guess you will find that out.

What the hell are you talking about? Just because the Steelers' offense is completely different from the Saunders/Gibbs offense doesn't mean that you don't know what the hell that you're saying. Oh, wait, yes it it does.

I'm sick of seeing you pretending to be a Redskins fan on this board. Go get a life and stop spitting onto the board what you eat after wiping with your terrible towel.

Guest amaprius

I actually think we have 3 guys that could be #1's in Gibbs' system....ARE, Lloyd and Moss....That makes us very lucky

What the hell are you talking about? Just because the Steelers' offense is completely different from the Saunders/Gibbs offense doesn't mean that you don't know what the hell that you're saying. Oh, wait, yes it it does.

I'm sick of seeing you pretending to be a Redskins fan on this board. Go get a life and stop spitting onto the board what you eat after wiping with your terrible towel.

Im starting to agree. This charactor will say anything to get attention. Talking about how he could cover Santana Moss, talking trash on ARE, or his lack of ability... and he is supposed to be a Skins fan? I dont think so. Wolf in sheepsa clothing right there.

It's very possible the Skins coaches see something I don't but it looks like the Skins are going to be weaker at LB next year.

While Clemons and Lemar are talents, combined with Washington, they're "smallish". How can Lemar play MLB when he's no bigger than a safety (Taylor) ?

I don't think a drafted MLB will start the season.

Has Lavar signed anywhere, yet?

I wouldnt keep your hopes up for McCune. If he turns in to a starter, it will be a shocker. He's more of a bruiser special teams-type guy than a real talent. Now Clemons, that guy's got some talent. Look for him to solidify the starting WLB spot. I'd love to see us take a LB in the draft to be safe though.

I think both have talent. It is a question of translating it to this level.

The fact that we haven't been bringing in LBs tells me that the team feels pretty good with what we have right now, and they don't feel anyone out there right now would add much to what we already have.

As for the draft, we may see a LB, but not nessicarily at round 2. Remember, no matter who they draft, they aren't terribly likely to start. Most likely, the guy who will be starting on the outside is probably on the roster at this point.

Jason

we've gone from having big LBs in the past few years to smaller, more athletic ones who can cover. lavar, pierce, armstead, trotter were all about 250, but now we have marshall and clemons who are about 230+. i'd rather have the athleticism on the field

After what we saw from former no-names like Antonio Pierce and Lemar Marshall the past couple years, I have complete confidence in Williams & Lindsey. I could see them drafting someone in the 4th or 5th round, but I bet the starter in 2006 will either be Clemens or some young journeyman LB that we don't even know about yet...

we've gone from having big LBs in the past few years to smaller, more athletic ones who can cover. lavar, pierce, armstead, trotter were all about 250, but now we have marshall and clemons who are about 230+. i'd rather have the athleticism on the field

Armstead never sniffed 250 or 230 for that matter, Pierce was only 235 after a bye week of eating with Randy Thomas. LA and Trot were a legit 250 each. I do agree that we have gotten away from the more traditional physical LB and shifted to the more agile, fast, and field smart LB. Gregg Williams is basically playing with 4-5 strong safeties on the field at any one time. Thus our passing D had become one of the more feared in the NFL and the running D is able to attack any point on the field with multiple defenders who can get there in a hurry.

I hate to admit it but it is very similar to the early 90's Cowgurls D that used defensive speed to really shut down teams.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

"we've gone from having big LBs in the past few years to smaller, more athletic ones who can cover. lavar, pierce, armstead, trotter were all about 250, but now we have marshall and clemons who are about 230+. i'd rather have the athleticism on the field"

not sure I agree. that is the model Dallas followed and their smallish LBs tended to get pushed around toward the end of the game. it's also not geared to success down by the goal line.

It's very possible the Skins coaches see something I don't but it looks like the Skins are going to be weaker at LB next year.

While Clemons and Lemar are talents, combined with Washington, they're "smallish". How can Lemar play MLB when he's no bigger than a safety (Taylor) ?

I don't think a drafted MLB will start the season.

Has Lavar signed anywhere, yet?

ST is huge for a safety. remember, he is only about 5 pounds lighter than lavar.

Archived