Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alternatives to bar/club scene

SkinsHokieFan

Bowling! Have a few pitchers, put some money on it if you need to...Always a good time

Agreed. And it's not always the stereotypical "redneck" crowd: One of my buddies I bowled with in high school a lot met Gilbert Arenas at Bowl America in Sterling, VA, where I've been countless times.

He got pics and autographs with him, too... he's an awesome guy apparently.

If I recommend bowling, I gotta recommend pool. You can still order pitchers-- not me, though, I still have to pull the "Hey-Mister-Would-Ya?" at the 7-11 across the street-- and meet people, and it's usually dirt cheap. 8-Ball in Sterling, combined with Shisha (Hookah Bar) next store usually is a good night.

Here is what I do on the weekends. . .

1. Go to museums, you are right next to some of the greatest museums in the world, take advantage of it!!!

2. Go and see a play/ballet/opera learn to become more cultured

3. Look out for book signings and authors you like, and go watch them speak

4. Lectures from similar above

5. Join a local sports club or something similar and play b/ball, indoor soccer, dodgeball, etc.

6. Join a social club that does various activities

7. Scan the Arts & Entertainment section of the paper

There are numerous things to do, many that cost very little. . . although asking people on a football message board about what to do without alcohol is a bit out of their field though :silly:

If I recommend bowling, I gotta recommend pool. You can still order pitchers-- not me, though, I still have to pull the "Hey-Mister-Would-Ya?" at the 7-11 across the street-- and meet people, and it's usually dirt cheap. 8-Ball in Sterling, combined with Shisha (Hookah Bar) next store usually is a good night.

I will be shooting some stick at bugelow billiards in sterling tonight. Though i will most likely be getting fitshased. :cheers:

I will be shooting some stick at bugelow billiards in sterling tonight. Though i will most likely be getting fitshased. :cheers:

That's another good one. A new one opened out in Leesburg, too. BIG, lots of TVs, sports out the wazzoo. Champions, I think it's called. I went there after the Skins' playoff win, it was pretty crazy.

DC Improv :)

http://www.dcimprov.com/

Dave Chappelle is there tonight and tomorrow, damn! wish i would of known!

For those who haven't been to the DC Improv, I highly recommend it. My wife and I went to see Ron White last month and we're going this weekend to see Frank Caliendo. I've been to the Improv probably two dozen times over the years and never have had a bad experience.

And for the record, Lewis Black and Dane Cook were the two best performances I've seen there. I'm just sayin'.

Archived